Crashdiet

I miss you Dave...

More
14 years 1 month ago #374 by jeffdavis
I miss you Dave... was created by jeffdavis
I remember a couple of years ago, when my band (bandname not important) was supportact to Crash on a gig. By that time I didn`t know who Crash were. My band was first to come to the place. We had a beer and started to unpack our stuff. Suddenly these strange-looking guys walked in with full make-up, big hairs and so much attitude that the roof blow off. My first thought was: Fuck, these guys will give us a hard time, but they were real friendly and shaked hands and gave us their demo.

Later we sat down to eat (Crash had a guy with them to help them with rodie-stuff and Dave fixed so he got food to) and I remember Daves excitment over the potatoes. He was wondering why restaurant-potatoes were so tastefull.
-When I make potatoes, he said, they always fall apart and stuff. I wonder how they make them in restaurants...

When Crash entered the stage it was maybe 20-30 people in front of the tiny stage. But Crash played like it was a arenagig with thousends of screaming fans in front. It was a great gig.

My picture of Dave is that he was a very fun, friendly and humble guy to be around. I miss you Dave, you were and are a great inspiration to me and many others. Rock In Peace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #376 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic I miss you Dave...
"Suddenly these strange-looking guys walked in with full make-up, big hairs and so much attitude that the roof blow off. My first thought was: Fuck, these guys will give us a hard time, but they were real friendly and shaked hands and gave us their demo.

Nice story..:) and if I remember right, "Nobody" looked like that a couple of years ago..But this band didn´t care at all what people thinked! That´s what I like about them. Today it´s totally diffirent. It´s nothing "new" to look like that anymore..;) And it proberbly has a lot to do with Crashdiet and Dave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds