Crashdiet

SAVE THE TOUR!!!

More
6 years 8 months ago #156137 by Miss_Z
Replied by Miss_Z on topic SAVE THE TOUR!!!

ChaosGirl wrote: So in general I'm totally with you on a educational campaign ;-) Do it, there are a lot of people in need for something like that!!! Every single fucktard downloading shit illegally and complaining about how rich people get by making music!

Yeah it costs sooooooo much for a band to do anything; even just walking out the front door is all time and money. I know this from firsthand experience, but not *everyone* does, and if they've never had to think about it before, we can't exactly blame them for getting the wrong idea. They just haven't been educated.

Downloads are another thing which bug me. I always want to buy a band's official music. I've fallen out with friends who say "just download it for free". They have no idea, so i try to educate them. Myself, I'm an ebook author, and yes, ebooks are now getting downloaded illegally. People expect me to put food in my belly and a roof over my head from... what, exactly? lol They just don't think. Downloads have moved forward to fast, and young people are growing up with the entitled feeling that they deserve to 'get free shit' . Really saddens me.

/grumble

lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #156138 by Miss_Z
On a happier note, just donated for the third time, and pleased to see target over 25 K :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #156144 by Chardonaytje
Replied by Chardonaytje on topic SAVE THE TOUR!!!
Donated last night again :p

I also totally agree with Viper about money payment for smallbands...
Most bands dont even get 5 euro payed for every sold tickets... There are bands that even lose more money on the tour than they will get...
But imagine 5 euro for crashdiet... Thats 1,25 euro each...
And thats when they get the 5 euro a ticket... It can be way lower than 5euro aswel...
But enough about this... We need to help the guys with our support...!!!

~Don't cry, just have a little patience~
~I'll be your clown, behind the glass, Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would do, If I saw me...
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles, im selling out tonight...~
[/i][/size]

More
6 years 8 months ago #156150 by Mz. Hyde
Replied by Mz. Hyde on topic SAVE THE TOUR!!!

mrs v. viper wrote: Meh. I must say I'm getting a bit miffed when it comes to those comments of "Isnt that enough money to go to XXX" that start to appear at some places. does anyone here have an actual idea what a tour costs? In business a support band easily gets asked to pay about 15.000 for a europebtour . So that would be a Share of the costs, and a smaller part of the whole thing. Now not alwayxs the supports pay for it, in some cases the headliner pays the whole thing in advance.
Australia, America, Japan... thats talking cross continent. I wish people would finally wake up and start to research this shit...

I couldn't agree more! But I hope it's like ChaosGirl said, just wishes. I totally understand that fans in Australia, Japan etc. want to see crashdiet, but music business isn't like it was in the 80:s even though some people seem to think that.
What pisses me off is knowing that some people get paid so much more for affecting people's worklife (or at least are supposed to do that) when musicians, who affect people's life in a much deeper way struggle to put food on their table:/ For example our dean, he can get like 40 000 SEK for holding a two hour lecture at some company. Sure he's good at what he does, probably one of the best in Europe, but I still think it's unfair. And I am disappointed that the music industry (=record companies) doesn't realize that it has to develop if it's going to survive (I wont bore you with strategies on how to create/increase customer value etc. that one can apply to the industry). You can't just sit and complain that the world has changed, you as a company have to adapt to it!

A little more on topic: Had to get the demos as well :lol: ( what else would I do with the money I saved when I found the shoes I wanted at 70 % sale:P)

If you love me like music
I'll be you're song

• mrs v. viper
  • mrs v. viper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anna
More
6 years 8 months ago #156152 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic SAVE THE TOUR!!!

Miss_Z wrote: if they've never had to think about it before, we can't exactly blame them for getting the wrong idea. They just haven't been educated.

Thats exactly my point! I mean I act very upset at them but I know some just don't know better... hence the idea of some kinda campaign.. I could do it and have the neccesary skills to do it by now aswell, it's just that I don't have the time..studying eats all up...

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

• glam_junkie
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
6 years 8 months ago #156153 by glam_junkie
Replied by glam_junkie on topic SAVE THE TOUR!!!

Mz. Hyde wrote:

mrs v. viper wrote: Meh. I must say I'm getting a bit miffed when it comes to those comments of "Isnt that enough money to go to XXX" that start to appear at some places. does anyone here have an actual idea what a tour costs? In business a support band easily gets asked to pay about 15.000 for a europebtour . So that would be a Share of the costs, and a smaller part of the whole thing. Now not alwayxs the supports pay for it, in some cases the headliner pays the whole thing in advance.
Australia, America, Japan... thats talking cross continent. I wish people would finally wake up and start to research this shit...

I couldn't agree more! But I hope it's like ChaosGirl said, just wishes. I totally understand that fans in Australia, Japan etc. want to see crashdiet, but music business isn't like it was in the 80:s even though some people seem to think that.

wow!
my comment was made in jest so stop getting so up tight about it you guys.

i know exactly what it costs for bands to tour etc... i've looked into it, have had contracts for bands in my hands.... so lighten up guys.

• mrs v. viper
  • Anna
More
6 years 8 months ago #156154 by mrs v. viper

glam_junkie wrote: wow!
my comment was made in jest so stop getting so up tight about it you guys.

i know exactly what it costs for bands to tour etc... i've looked into it, have had contracts for bands in my hands.... so lighten up guys.

Sorry!! I know you are not actually like that, and that if anyone supports small bands it is you! D: it just happens that i had read a kinda rude comment about just this thing on facebook a moment before concerning that Japan cancel and I was like Wtf.. so it was really adrressed to comments like that and not at all to you! I am really sorry I was so rude!
also I just get so protective over them you know, ...

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

• glam_junkie
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
6 years 8 months ago #156155 by glam_junkie

ChaosGirl wrote: Actually I don't think this has been a serious thought but more like a wish to come true (I may be wrong though).

Exactly!

• mrs v. viper
  • Anna
More
6 years 8 months ago #156156 by mrs v. viper
I know!! sorry again.

• glam_junkie
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
6 years 8 months ago #156157 by glam_junkie

mrs v. viper wrote: I know!! sorry again.

No worries.

Come live in Australia for a while and you'll understand what's it's like to only be able to dream about bands touring.

More
6 years 8 months ago #156158 by Miss_Z
Everyone's cool here :)

Since we are all cool, and the subject was brought up, I know where Viper is coming from, in that I've seen lots of crappy comments directed at artists --not just bands-- lately. It's like people divide into two groups; people trying to do shit, and people who dont get it, and think they're entitled to free stuff.
Seen that a lot lately, so totally get where Viper is coming from there :(

Everything's changing at such a rapid pace, thanks to internet.

• mrs v. viper
  • Anna
More
6 years 8 months ago #156159 by mrs v. viper
Australia has great bands true, so thats not really true ;)
But I get your point.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds