Crashdiet

Pictures of the very first lineup?

More
9 years 4 months ago #104736 by SleazeRiot
Replied by SleazeRiot on topic Pictures of the very first lineup?
I doubt any pics will surface, but I would like to see them if they did . I believe that part of the reason for them breaking up was because of the fact that the other members were in death metal bands, and did not have ' the look' Dave was going for. If he managed to get them to dress for right look, they may have felt it would hurt their image in their other band. Not saying you can't listen/play diff types of music but the look is important in different styles of music. oh, and I've seen where someone said Simon real name was Simon Söderberg, Thats the bass player for subvision who has Tobias Forge in the band too, Same Tobias Forge from email above ? I don't know, but in an interview Dave said that original line up were in subvision. Even more confused about Tobias ( is this guy mary goore? ) I guess He doesn't want anything to do with Crashdiet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Deeptoxic
  • Topic Author
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
9 years 4 months ago #104737 by Deeptoxic
Replied by Deeptoxic on topic Pictures of the very first lineup?
i wonder why. being a previous member of crashdiet would be a musical merit! its strange overall than none of the old lineup members has taken any credit for anything that has with crashdiet to do :rolleyes:

More
9 years 4 months ago #104765 by dsv218
Replied by dsv218 on topic Pictures of the very first lineup?
Mary Goore is just Tobias Forge's stage name and yeah he's the same guy in Subvision. He broke Repugnant up in '04, cut his hair and did his 'pop melodrama' stuff like Subvision, MCC and his solo stuff but reformed Repugnant last year.
Apparently Mace Kelly is Carlos Sathanas (he played bass in the old Repugnant) and is the singer for Iron Lamb now.

Well like i said i think most of the old people don't approve of the guys continuing Crashdiet after Dave's death and don't want to be associated with the Crashdiet of today since there aren't actually any 'original' members. Stefan 'PP7 gaftzeb''s article pretty much sums it up.
And like peter/martin/eric have stated in interviews they don't really know the old members and have no connections to them.

• Deeptoxic
  • Topic Author
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
9 years 4 months ago #104766 by Deeptoxic
you may me be right :rolleyes:

• Deeptoxic
  • Topic Author
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
9 years 4 months ago #104769 by Deeptoxic
In an interwiev dave said that songs like crazy nites and lost horizons were written somewhere around ´98 ´99
crashdiet started in 2000. so he was doin that stuff already then? 2 -3 years before there was crashdiet. ?:o :)

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
9 years 4 months ago #104770 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic Pictures of the very first lineup?

Deeptoxic wrote: In an interwiev dave said that songs like crazy nites and lost horizons were written somewhere around ´98 ´99
crashdiet started in 2000. so he was doin that stuff already then? 2 -3 years before there was crashdiet. ?:o :)

yeah dave wrote crzay nights in school, in '97, as far as I know.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
9 years 4 months ago #104771 by fizzy

DSV218 wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: I was confused either!

I wrote him another mail, but he didnt answer, so maybe hes just makin fun of it. If he is really "tobbe" from Crashdiet 2000 line-up, then its maybe a trick to confuse people. So that in the end he dont have to talk about it. Maybe because he wont.

Tobbe = Tobias Forge = Mary Goore, so that is him.
I think he was just trying to confuse you but i have the impression that most of the people involved with the 'old' crashdiet want to keep that period buried and forgotten, as many aren't supportive of crashdiet continuing after Dave's death.

If you want to keep trying then perhaps try to contact Thomas Daun a.k.a. Tom Bones. He's drumming for DM legends Dismember and awesome punk/rock n roll band Iron Lamb, though i'm pretty sure he doesn't manage their myspace sites.

thx for the info man, And I'm sure he wanted to confuse me and he did haha. but as I stated I think he wanna keep it secret.

• Deeptoxic
  • Topic Author
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
9 years 4 months ago #104774 by Deeptoxic
i still dont get it. why would you like to hide that you infact was a member of the biggest sleazeband in sweden :rolleyes:

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
9 years 4 months ago #104797 by fizzy

Deeptoxic wrote: i still dont get it. why would you like to hide that you infact was a member of the biggest sleazeband in sweden :rolleyes:

because the simply fact that "we" are fans of the "new" crashdiet. and this band is a different band than it was until dave was alive. The crashdiet of nowadays for example often denies the past. They dont speak of the lineup before they were in, which is totally okay in my eyes, but the fact that its stated, that the band started in 2003, (and not in 2000) shows pretty much that they dont care what happend before they were in. In past interviews dave was the only one who said the band was started in 2000.
And the last members/friends of Dave think its disrespectful to him, to carry one, using the name, and change some facts. That is exactly the point why they dont wanna get in relation with the "crashdiet" you know. For them the band died, when Olli came, and they "carried on the legacy".

• Deeptoxic
  • Topic Author
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
9 years 4 months ago #104799 by Deeptoxic
i hear you man. dont really know what to say. ive read pp7gaftzebs article and all :rolleyes: i mean i still thinks crashdiets music kicks ass, then ofcourse you can discuss the history of the band. i know this is heading off topic but... yeah

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
9 years 4 months ago #104800 by fizzy

Deeptoxic wrote: i hear you man. dont really know what to say. ive read pp7gaftzebs article and all :rolleyes: i mean i still thinks crashdiets music kicks ass, then ofcourse you can discuss the history of the band. i know this is heading off topic but... yeah

no this is not of topic its about the first lineup, and that is what we are talkin about

• Deeptoxic
  • Topic Author
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
9 years 4 months ago #104801 by Deeptoxic
allright then, i can discuss this im just thinking of other people thinking this is of topic, whatever :rolleyes:

anyway i think its the music that matters, for example i like axl roses vioce but i hate him. for an just for an example.
and so long crashdiet are playing kick ass sleaze... Im on and support them bying their albums etc. thats my opinion

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds