Crashdiet

The Unattractive Revolution Album

More
11 years 11 months ago #68878 by seabloom
Replied by seabloom on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
Got the new record just today....thanks to those slow ass record dealers here in Finland....I have to say this is one of the best sleaze rock albums that i've heard in a few years....I'm alreay played it like five times and it's getting better and better....Possible the album of the year 2007?

"Rock N' Roll Made Me What I'm Today"

"Man är lite trött på den här jävla Action rocken som har funnits i dom senaste," inte fan vet jag" sju åren, De är bara skit. Fan, pretentiösa solon som man misslyckas med är fan coolare,fan slänga guran runt halsen så man ramlar omkull är fan...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lovemachine
  • Straight out of hell
  • Straight out of hell
More
11 years 11 months ago #68879 by lovemachine
Replied by lovemachine on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album

seabloom wrote: Possible the album of the year 2007?

indeeed! 8-)

More
11 years 11 months ago #69011 by randee
Replied by randee on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
I finally got my album...I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm planning on listening to it asap. Kind of random, but the CD case looks different than CDs I normally purchase.

More
11 years 11 months ago #69965 by magicmarkers
Replied by magicmarkers on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
I just got mine last night, and I'm listening to it for the first time "focused" right now.

So far, I'm really dissapointed in the songs that I've listened to. Some people say that the band has "grown" but I have to disagree and argue that it just doesn't have the same soul. It's just not the same band anymore. Dave's absence is really obvious when you listen to both of the albums. I just don't think this album was sleazy enough or hard enough. It sounded kind of commercial and way too polished. One thing that makes an amazing metal band is to have the song perfect, but still make it sound a bit rugged and rough around the edges.

Overnight was a large dissapointment, as was Alone. I also think that Mick's guitar was out of character and was lacking quite a bit of energy. He's known for his amazing riffs and memorable solos that make you sing along with them in the song (however dorky that is). I just don't think that the guitar was very memorable or very Mars.

Bound to be Enslaved and Die Another Day were good and more of my style of music.

Falling Rain was okay. I mean it has a nice beat to it, but the chrous just isn't impressive, and Olliver's voice just doesn't seem to fit the song very well.

I think that I Don't Care was a good song. I can see myself screaming out the lyrics in frustration, and the guitar was a major improvement over Alone. It struck me as a blend of Crue and like Megadeth and RATT or something. The Crue influence struck me right at the beginning of the song though, and I liked that.

In the Raw and Like a Sin were also good surprises. They reminded me of RATT mixed with something more progressive. And were a good blend of old and new influences. The Buried Song also reminded me a bit of RATT as far as the guitar parts (think 7th Avenue), but it was a bit like rhyme-y.

The beginning of Thrill Me instantly set off "KICKSTART MY HEART" alarms, and then kind of reminded me of Girls, Girls, Girls in some odd way? It was a pretty good song. But it definately reminded me more of Motley Crue than Alone did, especially at the beginning.

XTC Overdrive reminded me a lot of Crystal Pistol. It was okay. It was definately catchy, but the chorus could've been a bit harder.

I mean, maybe it'll grow on me more and I hope it does, but the initial first impression was pretty dissapointing. I might've just psyched myself up for it though. There were good songs, but I think it had a lot of potential to be better.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a 16-year-old girl from the states.

More
11 years 11 months ago #70076 by chainz
Replied by chainz on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
I agree in some points with MagicMarkers opinion.
I think "The Unattractive Revolution" is a good album, but not great (especially when compared to "Rest in Sleaze", a great, great album; one of the best albums ever in the style).
The music lost some "sleazyness" and Olliver's voice tone doesn't always fit very well.
But I think the band has got what it takes to make it great again in the future.

More
11 years 11 months ago #70110 by kalypso
Replied by kalypso on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
I must confess I still don't have the album because I am no credit card owner. So I will wait until it's released in the german space and then I'll get it either from german websites without credit card or - maybe - directly from a shop in Austria (although I doubt that...).

Nevertheless, thanks to youtube and some nice people uploading several songs there, I was able to listen to a part of the Unattractive Revolution. So, here's the first part of my review ;)

All in all, I must say, after reading so many different opinions here, especially some disappointed, I was almost worried :rolleyes: But now, I am really positively surprised. The songs I have heard so far went straight into my head and don't want to come out yet :lol:

In the raw:
When I first listened to it as THE new single, I thought "It's a nice song." A few listens later it's one of my absolute favorites! I think I was so expecting Falling rain as first single that the disappointment was unavoidable :lol: It's a great song, with a catchy melody.

Die another day:
Another "problem case" for me in the beginning. I loved "I can sense a lie" from the start and when it came out that the lyrics had been changed, I worried wether the song would turn into a complete new one. Now I've finally listened to it and yes, I still sing "I can sense a lie" along to "Die another day" (too used to it) ;) It has turned into a little different song. For me, the mood is different. But it fits! The first listens were a little difficult because I was so used to the demo but then I tried to listen as if it was the very first time: It's a killer song, no matter which version! But I won't stop to listen to the original "I can sense a lie" though. It's kind of a different version. And I like both.

Overnight:
Beautiful! From this song, it were the lyrics that touched me at first. It's so true.. :(

Xtc Overdrive:
Another killer song! Powerful and catchy. I can't wait to hear it live in Vienna!

Alone:
During the first verse I thought the melody is a little ordinary. The chorus comes out strong, and the guitar solo is amazing! I'd say, there have been written better rock ballads in the history of rock, but it's a good song though. I'm missing kind of a "final" though.

I don't care:
When I first heard the lyrics line "messing with me is like to piss in the wind" I had to laugh :lol: That's almost funny!! This was one of those songs I couldn't cope with at the first listen, but now this is one song that gives me chills when I am in the right mood for it. It has power.

Falling rain:
My favorite!!! My "Crashdiet's new single" wish! ;) Everything is perfect: the lyrics are amazing, the song goes not only in my ears, but in my heart! Crashdiet, douze points! ;)
I could even imagine to create a veil fusion dance choreo to Falling rain. It would surely be a blast in my shows.

All in all, it's true that the Unattractive revolution cannot be compared to Rest in Sleaze at all. The sound and the styles, the lyrics style, the whole mood are completely different. But for me, it's still a sound that I dig a lot.

So, that's my review so far, more to come when I finally own the WHOLE album!

More
11 years 11 months ago #70118 by mrlee
Replied by mrlee on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
i hope you get the album soon!

More
11 years 11 months ago #70121 by kalypso
Replied by kalypso on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album

MrLee wrote: i hope you get the album soon!

Thanks, I hope so too ;)

More
11 years 11 months ago #70137 by drainville
Replied by drainville on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
Hello!

I think this album is crap. I loved the previous one but this is crap and please don't moderate my text :)
Oliver's voice is just fake and irritable. In The Raw's chorus is absurdly fake, as well as Like a sin's. Alone and I don't care were a few good moments.

GUYS!

BOUND TO BE ENSLAVED at the verses, and especially from 0:37 to 0:45-

HOW DID YOU THINK THIS AND WHY DO YOU RELEASE SUCH A SONG??????

:(

Guys! This is not Crashdiet!

More
11 years 11 months ago #70144 by wekkie
Replied by wekkie on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album

Drainville wrote: Hello!

I think this album is crap. I loved the previous one but this is crap and please don't moderate my text :)
Oliver's voice is just fake and irritable. In The Raw's chorus is absurdly fake, as well as Like a sin's. Alone and I don't care were a few good moments.

GUYS!

BOUND TO BE ENSLAVED at the verses, and especially from 0:37 to 0:45-

HOW DID YOU THINK THIS AND WHY DO YOU RELEASE SUCH A SONG??????

:(

Guys! This is not Crashdiet!

Wow...that came straight outta your heart :o

actually I felt exactly like you when i listened to it the first time. I thought "this is bullshit", and now...well I like it much better and think its a good album.

Give it some time, it should open up after a while

More
11 years 11 months ago #70183 by dietdeb
Replied by dietdeb on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
this is the problem a band faces when they lose a significant member, and the singer/songwriter couldn't be more significant!!

there will always be comparisons between dave and olliver and ris and ur, and the fact will remain that dave was a better singer and ris a better album.

if the surviving members of crashdiet had taken a new name and gotten olliver as a singer, i'm sure the general opinion would be much better, but the fact remains that no one wants to hear someone sing someone elses songs and do it crappy! its like blasphemy...

the surviving members of crashdiet kept the name because it already had a huge buzz and recognition, much easier than starting from scratch in a crowded sleaze scene. i don't believe they kept the name to 'honor dave', it was purely a business decision, i'm sure.

they are hot, talented guys, but they aren't crashdiet, that died with dave!

More
11 years 11 months ago #70207 by mrlee
Replied by mrlee on topic The Unattractive Revolution Album
what a load of shit you are talking dietdeb.

the words of an ignorant fan.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds