Crashdiet

Crashdiet on U.S. radio

More
8 years 1 month ago #120966 by Sylvia
Sylvia replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio

mrs v. viper wrote: I think the main problem is, that many radio stations outside and even small ones inside sweden probably aren't even allowed to play songs of them.
So what you gotta do is make the station see that people want to hear it and that they can gain listeners from playing their stuff, so they are willing to pay for being allowed to play the somgs.
I promote this band for over a year now, in a country where they are already in the big Rock magazines. And even here it's hard to get them on the radio.

@duff37 :: in your position I'd try to get in touch with the management/label , I don't really know who exactly is responsible for this, but you get the point and ask them how the restrictions for your country are. Or google about it first... And then pick one radio station that you think fits best and ask them what their possibilities are and then work something out with them, like a deal "If I can get you that song to play, you have to make a feature with them, like XXXX" or something like that. get creative... and patience's a virtue ;)
That's how I would do it at least :)

Yes, this is a great point of a view. I totally agree with you - this is the only way to play their songs in radio stations. (;
Good luck!

"Grab life by the balls and shake them!!"
"There's nothing like a word of love from Sylvia..."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #120968 by Sylvia
Sylvia replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio

mrs v. viper wrote: but this is a promotion forum.
It's about getting other people to listen to them, not about yourself ;)

Yes, I know. But sometimes you won't win like in this case. Everything what you can do is telling about this band your friends, who are listening the same music as you.
Just like in my country - this is a bad from Sweden. Even this country is quite near by Poland, th reason is that they to far. I tell everyone about this band, wherever I can tell (for example: Facebook) but these people must like this kind of music.

"Grab life by the balls and shake them!!"
"There's nothing like a word of love from Sylvia..."

More
8 years 1 month ago #120973 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio
I think it really depends on how you look at it. Of course you can't tell beforehand if you'll actually gain fans from something like this. But if the radio station is the right one, (I'm thinking about a rather small undergound hard rock radio) it can happen.
It is also depending on how much you are willing to give... because things like this need alot of patience, sometimes tons of mails, and succees is never guaranteed.
Most fans quickly lose interest when they find out just writing one mail to a radio station won't make anything happen.
that's why it needs those who take it on their shoulders to make it possible that a simple mail is enough and the stations are even able to react on those mails.
it's about making a foundation others can build upon :)
and telling your friends is just as importnat.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
8 years 1 month ago #120989 by joey_baccard
joey_baccard replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio
Sylvia take it easy! You're double postin' n' it seems like you don't fully understand the point of these threads.

More
8 years 1 month ago #120990 by mrs v. viper
actually, I think that was another case showing that we need the "another post was made while you were writing" -notification back :)

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

More
8 years 1 month ago #120993 by TheNewEra
TheNewEra replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio
I hope you can make it with this radio thing, but if you don't you can go to some kind of a rock bar and ask there of they could play Crashdiet.. I think this shouldn't be a problem (hopefully). :)

These are the fairytales of life
Read the story in my eyes

More
8 years 1 month ago #121035 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio

joey_baccardï wrote:

Sheila wrote: Some radio stations have that thing in a program that you can call in and request a song. It costs a lot, though.

Are you guys being serious?
I think that in Sweden you can e-mail, send an sms (a text?) or call more or less every radio station there is for free or for the cost of 3 sek (approx. 40 cent)

Yeah, I got a hell of a bill after requesting a few times.

More
8 years 1 month ago #121132 by duff37
duff37 replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio
Tanks for the advice everyone my plan was this: since the radio station is in a relatively small town the radio hosts are always out and about in public inviting people to talk to them so i was gonna tike my iPod up to em and have em listen and be like "what would it take to get these guys on the radio?".... now with that being said who knows what will happen, but my main concern was with legal rights and things of that nature... and for those of u who havent been to America or havent been here ina a while... America NEEDS Crashdiet.

"Take er sleazy, and if shes sleazy... take er twice"

More
8 years 1 month ago #121135 by mrs v. viper
thats awesome man..just go for it :)

More
8 years 1 month ago #121142 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio

duff37 wrote: "what would it take to get these guys on the radio?".... now with that being said who knows what will happen, but my main concern was with legal rights and things of that nature... 

Good plan! In all honesty I reckon the guys at the station should be able to help you with the legal stuff - I'm sure it's a kind of thing they deal with at least time to time. I hope it works!

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

More
8 years 1 month ago #121382 by mick-mad4114
mick-mad4114 replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio
I think going up to the radio station itself would be better. For over a week I sent about 20 requests a day for Generation Wild the week after it was released and they did nothing. I really hope some of us can get Crashdiet on the radio here somewhere. One day I know the spark will catch to light the fire here, I just hope it is soon.

-Welcome to the Inn-
-4114-

More
7 years 11 months ago #127198 by duff37
duff37 replied the topic: Crashdiet on U.S. radio
well. i finally got ahold of the local radio station here and asked em if they had any crashdiet of course they didnt because they have to take the music they play through there corporation or whatever the fuck that means. but atleast the seed has been planted, now its just time to water it.... they said to send emails so i have now flooded their inbox and FB page with Generation Wild links! wish me luck!!!! :)

"Take er sleazy, and if shes sleazy... take er twice"

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds