Crashdiet

Your 5 favorite albums

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #157599 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic Your 5 favorite albums
Damn, what a discussion... and all because of me, sorry :P.

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

Marmetal wrote: Being a Vince fanatic makes your opinion biased :). There's not much grunge on that album, it's a heavy record with heavy (interesting) lyrics, some great riffs and songwriting. Not to mention that John added a lot of sharpness to the sound through his guitar playing and ideas. And even Mick said many times that it's definitely the best thing they have done as a band but Mick's the man and he's always been the brightest spot of Mötley Crüe for me :).

Hate to break it to ya, but it actually IS a grunge-sounding album. All the way. You can hear this lame-ass low-tuned guitars throughout the whole CD. I'd rather listen to the decadent and fucked up stories of debauchery written by 80's rock gods themselves (just like it is on their 80's albums) than about 'smoking the sky' or shit like that. There is no comparison with their 80's releases. John is a decent singer but he isn't half as charismatic as Vince.

No harm done man :). But I don't agree with you. It's a hard rock/metal album for me, definitely not grunge. And since I'm not into cheap lyrics about parties and so called overrated "rock 'n' roll lifestyle" or ballads made for MTV (still Dr. Feelgood is their best work), I prefer that "darker" and more serious Mötley Crüe, although like I said earlier, it shouldn't have been labeled as... Mötley Crüe ;). It would've been appreciated more under a different name. They're like two different bands. And self-titled album owns a really bad Generation Swine or New Tattoo. To me of course. A matter of taste. Just like John is a way better singer than Vince, especially nowadays, hah.

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: John kicked ass in Angora, though. Should've stayed with them.

Also in The Scream, really good stuff :).

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

Marmetal wrote: If that's a provocation then a lame one I must say :P. Or just plain lack of knowledge :).

No provocation at all. Just pointing out the obvious. I've never thought of Metallica as a pioneer or a very good band. Mediocre stuff. For the instance, Anthrax blows them outta the water.

If it wasn't for Metallica then bands like Slayer or Megadeth would still be playing small, dirty clubs :P. That's a fact and they know it as well ;). Metallica is just another level, another dimension. Out of the other three thrash giants, I like Anthrax the most too.

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Anthrax is without question One of the worst thrash bands I've heard. Sure, A.I.R has a good riff. But it is very mediocre.
Out of the big 4 the two bands i always Return to is Metallica and Slayer.
And Metallica is the best. Anthrax is generic THRAASH TIL DEATH COCAINNEEE PARTY MEGAAADETH bullshit.
However Metallica crafted more or less 5 masterpieces(Master of Puppets being the best). Anthrax haven't even got a chance on songs like Battery, Of Wolf And Man, Whiplash, Ride The Lightning and Dyers Eve.

I think you're too hard on Anthrax my friend ;). Among The Living is an amazing album and already a thrash classic. Stuff made with John Bush is really good too, I like that singer and his voice a lot.

riKki reKkless wrote:

Marmetal wrote: Go see them live and then form an opinion, I guarantee you will be blown away and... ashamed of what you've just said here instead ;).

I actually did… 3 times. That was the moment, I decided that I‘ll never go to a Metablica concert again!
They played too much of their new stuff and Kirks guitar wasn‘t even tuned one of the times I saw them.
"Supportact" was Black Sabbath with fuckin Ronnie James Dio! Support! Can you believe that? And the worse about it was that Heaven And Hell was so fuckin silent, I‘ve heard more of the people around me than from the band and the metalgod Dio, Metablica of course was loud and the sound (because of the not even tuned guitars) was horrible. So much to being ashamed of what I said. :P

Dude, we've been at the same show ;). I travelled to Austria just to witness that (yes, I'm very hardcore fan) and it was one of the best days in my life. Metallica killed and James' voice in 2007 was really powerful and raspy. Of course they've played some new stuff, that's why they record new music and are not ashamed of it, unlike many bands from the same generation playing the same "classic" setlists each night... I have a soundboard recording from that show and everything sounds great. You've probably been in some bad place during the gig, I was in the first row and could hear everything well, despite all the loudness around. And Heaven & Hell were simply amazing, I loved seeing 'em. Rest in peace Ronnie.

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: There's no such thing as The Big Four to me (...)

Same here, there's Metallica and another three bands :P.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by martinkrush.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• riKki reKkless
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • Mr. Ellious Rough
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157603 by riKki reKkless
Replied by riKki reKkless on topic Your 5 favorite albums

Marmetal wrote: Dude, we've been at the same show ;). I travelled to Austria just to witness that (yes, I'm very hardcore fan) and it was one of the best days in my life.

Freak! :P

Marmetal wrote: If it wasn't for Metallica then bands like Slayer or Megadeth would still be playing small, dirty clubs

Actually right though!

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157605 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Replied by Ralphy Lee Fox on topic Your 5 favorite albums

Marmetal wrote:
No harm done man :). But I don't agree with you. It's a hard rock/metal album for me, definitely not grunge. And since I'm not into cheap lyrics about parties and so called overrated "rock 'n' roll lifestyle" or ballads made for MTV (still Dr. Feelgood is their best work), I prefer that "darker" and more serious Mötley Crüe, although like I said earlier, it shouldn't have been labeled as... Mötley Crüe ;). It would've been appreciated more under a different name. They're like two different bands. And self-titled album owns a really bad Generation Swine or New Tattoo. To me of course. A matter of taste. Just like John is a way better singer than Vince, especially nowadays, hah.

I hate this opinion that only this MC '94 stuff contains some dark and really serious lyrics and all the 80's albums are just plain stupid fun and sex songs. NOT TRUE.
I was writing about it before but TOP has some really dark lyrics too, so does Shout and Girls, mostly about the dark side of L.A. and its streets, and also many so-called heroine diaries.
The self-titled album just doesn't really do it for me. The only songs I can make it through while listening to this album would be Power To The Music, Hooligan's Holiday and maybe Misunderstood (which is quite boring anyway). And yeah, I also think this should never been released under the Motley Crue moniker.
I'd still pick Vince's singing over John's anyday. It's a matter of charisma and a tone of voice. Vince has a really unique voice while John sounds like many other singers.

Marmetal wrote: If it wasn't for Metallica then bands like Slayer or Megadeth would still be playing small, dirty clubs :P. That's a fact and they know it as well ;). Metallica is just another level, another dimension. Out of the other three thrash giants, I like Anthrax the most too.

I don't think so. If not Metallica, some other band would be made the pioneers of some "new metal genre" after packing loads of money into their promotion by the record company. There was a shitload of other bands doing the same kinda stuff at the same time Metallica was starting to play.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157613 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Your 5 favorite albums
... I just came here to let you know I actually enjoyed this topic... before it went completely off-topic. :P

;)

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

• GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • I am of my father the devil...
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #157621 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic Your 5 favorite albums

mrs v. viper wrote: ... I just came here to let you know I actually enjoyed this topic... before it went completely off-topic. :P

;)

This topic was boring before the off topicness.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by GunsNCrüeSWE.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157625 by peterlondon
Replied by peterlondon on topic Your 5 favorite albums

mrs v. viper wrote: ... I just came here to let you know I actually enjoyed this topic... before it went completely off-topic. :P

If you ask me it's not completely off topic yet.

Once it is I'll split it to a new thread :P

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157626 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Your 5 favorite albums
hahaha :lol: okay, I get it :p *shuts up*

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

• riKki reKkless
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • Mr. Ellious Rough
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157633 by riKki reKkless
Replied by riKki reKkless on topic Your 5 favorite albums

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: I hate this opinion that only this MC '94 stuff contains some dark and really serious lyrics and all the 80's albums are just plain stupid fun and sex songs. NOT TRUE.
I was writing about it before but TOP has some really dark lyrics too, so does Shout and Girls, mostly about the dark side of L.A. and its streets, and also many so-called heroine diaries.
The self-titled album just doesn't really do it for me. The only songs I can make it through while listening to this album would be Power To The Music, Hooligan's Holiday and maybe Misunderstood (which is quite boring anyway). And yeah, I also think this should never been released under the Motley Crue moniker.
I'd still pick Vince's singing over John's anyday. It's a matter of charisma and a tone of voice. Vince has a really unique voice while John sounds like many other singers.

I actually agree. Vince singing is just unique, John isn‘t bad but you‘re right on that. It sounds like everybody else. The whole album doesn‘t really do it for me as much as their other ones. Theaters Of Pain is actually a pretty good one, I‘d say. And I actually go for Saints Of Los Angeles as well.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157636 by Ralphy Lee Fox

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: This topic was boring before the off topicness.

Ditto!
We had to finally agree on something at some point.

But then again, I think as long as we talk about Motley Crue albums it's not a total off topic.

• Sarah
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Miss Candy
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157652 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Your 5 favorite albums

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: Sarah wrote:

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

Sarah wrote:

Hard choice... may be that someones will change, who knows

Appetite For Destruction - Guns N Roses  who could forget what led you into music for the first time?
Pride - White Lion
1984 - Van Halen
1987 - Whitesnake   
Reckless Love - Reckless Love
Props 4 lyfe!
Haha thanks =P
Who could tell i love 80's sounding stuff?
Being a Crashdiet fan, is there really  anything weird with loving the 80's stuff? I don't think so. Guess this is where the whole Crashdiet idea came from at the very beginning. And the old stuff (Riot Youth, Miss Pain, early version of Queen Obscene) sounds totally 80's. ;)

Also, aforementioned Whitesnake's 1987 and Van Halen's 1984 are definitely one of my faves too. I'm a DLR-maniac.

No, nothing weird at all, haha :) I love DLR too!

• Sheila
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • grevling
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157695 by Sheila
Replied by Sheila on topic Your 5 favorite albums
I dont think I can pick just five favourite albums. It changes all the time. I think I only can say one album that'll always stay on that list, and that is Cinderella's Night Songs. That is the best thing ever. The other four is different from day to day.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #157701 by Ralphy Lee Fox

Sheila wrote: I think I only can say one album that'll always stay on that list, and that is Cinderella's Night Songs. That is the best thing ever.

Definitely up there among the best albums ever made.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Ralphy Lee Fox.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds