Crashdiet

Your 5 favorite albums

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157569 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Replied by Ralphy Lee Fox on topic Your 5 favorite albums

glam_junkie wrote: TFFL is easily my favourite Motley album.
I grew up in the Dr Feelgood era, and didn't discover TFFL until later.
I think TFFL would be in my Top 20 albums of all time, but none of their other would make my Top 50.

To me TFFL was more sleazy, whereas stuff like Dr. Feelgood was getting more into the hair-metal arena.
And their last few albums.... i don't think would have got much public notice if they didn't have the 'motley crue' label on them.

Well there are some really good songs on TFFL like Live Wire, Piece Of Your Action, Starry Eyes or On With The Show but the whole thing just sounds a lil' amateur compared to next releases. And I love this anthemish and big-arena sound they achieved on Feelgood.

On the other hand, the self-titled album from 1994 is an utter shit in my opinion. And myself being a Vince-fanatic doesn't really have anything do to with that. The songs on this album are just weak. Lame attempt to jump on the grunge-bandwagon but in fact, Nikki has always been a fashion victim, so yeah, go figure.

As for later albums, Generation Swine was lame too (but still better than "MC" '94) but New Tattoo turned out to be a really good album in my opinion. Lots of good-time fun rock n' roll songs there. S.O.L.A. has its moments (Chicks=Trobule, the title track, Down At The Whisky) but overall it's quite average.

Yu-Yiiz wrote: Shotgun Messiah - Shotgun Messiah

HUGE PLUS!
My fave too. Cheers! ;)

riKki reKkless wrote: Do you guys own the remastered versions with never released tracks and demos of old Mötley records? They all came up 2000, when I‘m not mistaken. Listenable!

Yup. The outtake from the "Girls" album called "Rodeo" is a fucking classic. This song alone is better than all the other tunes on Girls. I have no idea why it didn't make it to the album.

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Why? Because Metallica fucking rules.

Not really. I mean, you could say that back in '88 maybe. Not anymore.

Sarah wrote: Hard choice... may be that someones will change, who knows

Appetite For Destruction - Guns N Roses who could forget what led you into music for the first time?
Pride - White Lion
1984 - Van Halen
1987 - Whitesnake
Reckless Love - Reckless Love

Props 4 lyfe!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • I am of my father the devil...
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157570 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic Your 5 favorite albums

riKki reKkless wrote:

Actually I don‘t think so. Especially in the last years Metablica became worse and worse… I can‘t listen to them, without feeling ashamed. :/

Obviously.
Is there anyone who reaaaally means that Metallica still rock When they say that Metallica rules?

I like their first five albums.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157573 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Your 5 favorite albums

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Is there anyone who reaaaally means that Metallica still rock When they say that Metallica rules?

hahahahaha!

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

• Sarah
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Miss Candy
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157575 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Your 5 favorite albums

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

Appetite For Destruction - Guns N Roses who could forget what led you into music for the first time?
Pride - White Lion
1984 - Van Halen
1987 - Whitesnake

Props 4 lyfe!

Haha thanks =P
Who could tell i love 80's sounding stuff?

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157578 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic Your 5 favorite albums
Guys, guys! :lol: Don't get me started on the Metallica topic ;). They're still the best live band and very consistent, with much more passion to what they do than many of those washed out (unfortunately, because I'm a fan too) bands from the '80s that only base on their past, without releasing anything relevant or interesting now :). But that's a topic for another big discussion.

MNGlambassist wrote: Yeah that riff is a classic. I forgot their Elvis cover is on their too which is a great tune.

Yes, I really like their version of Jailhouse Rock, used to listen to it a lot :).

riKki reKkless wrote:

Marmetal wrote: Too Fast had even some punk feel to it, it sounds a bit underground, like Metallica's Kill 'Em All for instance

It‘s amazing how you always lead every topic a bit to Metallica! :P

Haha thanks, I do it subliminally! :P And there always comes up some comparison ;).

peterlondon wrote: Hahaha!! Yeah he's a pro!

If there's that one thing you're good in life - that's it for me ;).

That's my boy :).

riKki reKkless wrote: Especially in the last years Metablica became worse and worse… I can‘t listen to them, without feeling ashamed. :/

Go see them live and then form an opinion, I guarantee you will be blown away and... ashamed of what you've just said here instead ;).

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: On the other hand, the self-titled album from 1994 is an utter shit in my opinion. And myself being a Vince-fanatic doesn't really have anything do to with that. The songs on this album are just weak. Lame attempt to jump on the grunge-bandwagon but in fact, Nikki has always been a fashion victim, so yeah, go figure.

Being a Vince fanatic makes your opinion biased :). There's not much grunge on that album, it's a heavy record with heavy (interesting) lyrics, some great riffs and songwriting. Not to mention that John added a lot of sharpness to the sound through his guitar playing and ideas. And even Mick said many times that it's definitely the best thing they have done as a band but Mick's the man and he's always been the brightest spot of Mötley Crüe for me :).

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: Not really. I mean, you could say that back in '88 maybe. Not anymore.

If that's a provocation then a lame one I must say :P. Or just plain lack of knowledge :).

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157584 by Ralphy Lee Fox

Marmetal wrote: Being a Vince fanatic makes your opinion biased :). There's not much grunge on that album, it's a heavy record with heavy (interesting) lyrics, some great riffs and songwriting. Not to mention that John added a lot of sharpness to the sound through his guitar playing and ideas. And even Mick said many times that it's definitely the best thing they have done as a band but Mick's the man and he's always been the brightest spot of Mötley Crüe for me :).

Hate to break it to ya, but it actually IS a grunge-sounding album. All the way. You can hear this lame-ass low-tuned guitars throughout the whole CD. I'd rather listen to the decadent and fucked up stories of debauchery written by 80's rock gods themselves (just like it is on their 80's albums) than about 'smoking the sky' or shit like that. There is no comparison with their 80's releases. John is a decent singer but he isn't half as charismatic as Vince.

John kicked ass in Angora, though. Should've stayed with them.

Marmetal wrote: If that's a provocation then a lame one I must say :P. Or just plain lack of knowledge :).

No provocation at all. Just pointing out the obvious. I've never thought of Metallica as a pioneer or a very good band. Mediocre stuff. For the instance, Anthrax blows them outta the water.

Sarah wrote:

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

Pride - White Lion
1984 - Van Halen
1987 - Whitesnake

Props 4 lyfe!

Haha thanks =P
Who could tell i love 80's sounding stuff?

Being a Crashdiet fan, is there really anything weird with loving the 80's stuff? I don't think so. Guess this is where the whole Crashdiet idea came from at the very beginning. And the old stuff (Riot Youth, Miss Pain, early version of Queen Obscene) sounds totally 80's. ;)

Also, aforementioned Whitesnake's 1987 and Van Halen's 1984 are definitely one of my faves too. I'm a DLR-maniac.

• GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157585 by GunsNCrüeSWE

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: No provocation at all. Just pointing out the obvious. I've never thought of Metallica as a pioneer or a very good band. Mediocre stuff. For the instance, Anthrax blows them outta the water.

Anthrax is without question One of the worst thrash bands I've heard. Sure, A.I.R has a good riff. But it is very mediocre.
Out of the big 4 the two bands i always Return to is Metallica and Slayer.
And Metallica is the best. Anthrax is generic THRAASH TIL DEATH COCAINNEEE PARTY MEGAAADETH bullshit.
However Metallica crafted more or less 5 masterpieces(Master of Puppets being the best). Anthrax haven't even got a chance on songs like Battery, Of Wolf And Man, Whiplash, Ride The Lightning and Dyers Eve.

Let the light bless and

• riKki reKkless
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • Mr. Ellious Rough
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157586 by riKki reKkless
Replied by riKki reKkless on topic Your 5 favorite albums

Marmetal wrote: Go see them live and then form an opinion, I guarantee you will be blown away and... ashamed of what you've just said here instead ;).

I actually did… 3 times. That was the moment, I decided that I‘ll never go to a Metablica concert again!
They played too much of their new stuff and Kirks guitar wasn‘t even tuned one of the times I saw them.
"Supportact" was Black Sabbath with fuckin Ronnie James Dio! Support! Can you believe that? And the worse about it was that Heaven And Hell was so fuckin silent, I‘ve heard more of the people around me than from the band and the metalgod Dio, Metablica of course was loud and the sound (because of the not even tuned guitars) was horrible. So much to being ashamed of what I said. :P

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Anthrax is without question One of the worst thrash bands I've heard.

Seen them a few weeks ago, and they totally kicked ass!

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157588 by Ralphy Lee Fox

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: No provocation at all. Just pointing out the obvious. I've never thought of Metallica as a pioneer or a very good band. Mediocre stuff. For the instance, Anthrax blows them outta the water.

Anthrax is without question One of the worst thrash bands I've heard. Sure, A.I.R has a good riff. But it is very mediocre.
Out of the big 4 the two bands i always Return to is Metallica and Slayer.
And Metallica is the best. Anthrax is generic THRAASH TIL DEATH COCAINNEEE PARTY MEGAAADETH bullshit.
However Metallica crafted more or less 5 masterpieces(Master of Puppets being the best). Anthrax haven't even got a chance on songs like Battery, Of Wolf And Man, Whiplash, Ride The Lightning and Dyers Eve.

There's no such thing as The Big Four to me since Metallica and Slayer have been always just average bands in my opinion. The only thrash metal bands that count are Megadeth and Anthrax. They're definitely a couple of levels higher. "Fistful of Metal" may be the best album of the whole genre. Followed by all Anthrax albums until 1990, including "Persistence Of Time". I despise later releases, though.
Megadeth were a kick-ass band up till "Youthanasia", too.

• riKki reKkless
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • Mr. Ellious Rough
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157591 by riKki reKkless
Replied by riKki reKkless on topic Your 5 favorite albums
I think Megadeth are overrated! What about something like Overkill, Testament, Exodus…?

• GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #157592 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Megadeth are way overrated. Still like Peace Sells though.

The list of thrash bands i like are:
Slayer
Metallica
Dark Angel
Sodom
Destruction
Kreator
Antichrist

And That's it.

Let the light bless and

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #157594 by Ralphy Lee Fox

riKki reKkless wrote: I think Megadeth are overrated! What about something like Overkill, Testament, Exodus…?

I like these three. They're definitely better than Metallica and Slayer in my opinion.
From newer stuff I'd also add Toxic Holocaust. This band was a nice surprise to me.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Ralphy Lee Fox.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds