• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #70176 by o/ amy o/
o/ amy o/ replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
MR. MANN
Hard Rock band from Brazil!
www.myspace.com/bandmrmann
www.mrmann.com.br

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #71195 by *shakieroxy_80s*
*shakieroxy_80s* replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
Rock band with some girls among their line-up: www.myspace.com/sls

Totally kick ass "Punk Rock" band with so many and different influences, from Backyard Babies to Murderdolls or New York Dolls: www.myspace.com/decadentdaughters

More
11 years 4 months ago #75613 by crashmydiet
crashmydiet replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
Jack Off Jill
jackoffjill.com

^ Great goth/rock-band. They split up in 2001 though :(

Singer: Jessicka
Her coconspirator Manson suffered the same heat insomnia. They made a pact that whoever could stay up the longest got to be a huge rock star. Needless to say he stayed up 45 minutes longer then she did.

They have had a lot of different members in the band, e.g. Twiggy Ramirez from Marilyn Manson and The Spooky Kids actually played in the band for a while. Twiggy was also Jessicka's boyfriend for a longer time.

More
11 years 4 months ago #75735 by sleazysixx
sleazysixx replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread

CrashMyDiet wrote: Jack Off Jill
jackoffjill.com

^ Great goth/rock-band. They split up in 2001 though :(

Singer: Jessicka
Her coconspirator Manson suffered the same heat insomnia. They made a pact that whoever could stay up the longest got to be a huge rock star. Needless to say he stayed up 45 minutes longer then she did.

They have had a lot of different members in the band, e.g. Twiggy Ramirez from Marilyn Manson and The Spooky Kids actually played in the band for a while. Twiggy was also Jessicka's boyfriend for a longer time.

i know them though Manson, they're ok, not that much to me.

More
11 years 4 months ago #76303 by mogli
mogli replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
don't know if u guys have heard the band H.E.A.T. The members are from Trading Fate and the studio project Dream. Anyway, they're swedish and kick-ass. Check their temporary website at http://www.heatsweden.com/ . They just signed with Peter Stormares record label. Enjoy.

More
11 years 4 months ago #76308 by dick hardy
dick hardy replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
Check out my absolute favourite band, Styx! Symphonic Hard Rock/AOR from Chicago, for those who didn't know. Best albums: "Equinox" (1975), "The Grand Illusion" (1977), "Pieces of Eight" (1978) and "Paradise Theater" (1981). They don't really have a bad album, so if you find any album with them, buy it right away.

Classic lineup:

Dennis DeYoung (bottom) (keys, vocals), Chuck Panozzo (bass), James "JY" Young (guitars, vocals), Tommy Shaw (guitars, vocals), John Panozzo (Drums)

Today's lineup:

Todd Sucherman (drums), Lawrence Gowan (keys, vocals), Ricky Philips (bass, guitars, vocals), James "JY" Young (guitars, vocals), Chuck Panozzo (bass), Tommy Shaw (guitas, vocals)

If you wanna know more about Styx, just ask me or check out their homepage.

www.styxworld.com

More
11 years 2 months ago #78257 by lea vodka
lea vodka replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
my friends' band : Bicok's Breakerz

mhh actually they don't have any recording on their myspace yet (but you can watch the video)...

http://www.myspace.com/bicoksbreakerz

More
11 years 1 month ago #78525 by foby
foby replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
Check out this amazing guy. He's a steel-stringed acoustic guitar player. He can really play with emotion, and it's so beautiful and chill to listen to.

Check out Rylynn for example, so beautiful, and only one guitar:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JsD6uEZsIsU&feature=related

More
10 years 10 months ago #81410 by terryblade
terryblade replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread

Foby wrote: Check out this amazing guy. He's a steel-stringed acoustic guitar player. He can really play with emotion, and it's so beautiful and chill to listen to.

Check out Rylynn for example, so beautiful, and only one guitar:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JsD6uEZsIsU&feature=related

Dude, that guy was fukkin' awesome man! :lol:

I don't know if anyone have spoke about them before, but I trhink that you should check ut Annihilator if you haven't heard them! One of my absolute favouritebands! Their theird album "Set The World On Fire" is a fukkin' masterpiece from the beginning to the end!

You should notice that they've switched leadsinger about six times, and no album sounds like another, so I think there's something for everyone in their discography!

Here's some of my favouritesongs with the band:

- Brain Dance (From the album "Set The World On Fire" from 1993)
Totally insane song about a person at a mental-hospital! Just listen to the "Disney-musical-influed" part in the middle of the song... So fukkin' cool!

- Chrystal Ann (From the album "Alice In Hell" from 1989)
The first song on the first record ever made by the band! It's a acoustic song with much guitarharmonies and stuff! It's only two minutes long, and I can sit daown and listen to it again and again and again, just because it's so fukkin' great!

- No Zone (From the album "Set The World On Fire" from 1993)
I don't think that I need to say very much about this song. It's a killer-tune that will blow your fucking mind! Absolutely awsome hi-speed-track, and Jeff Waters really proves that he's one of the greatest guitarplayer's in the world! ;)

- The Edge (From the album "Set The World On Fire" from 1993)
One of the first songs I ever heard with the band! I love'd it from the beginning! A really nice tune that makes me happy! :)

- King Of The Kill (From the album "King Of The Kill" from 1994)
The fourth album - the fourth leadsinger (this time the vocals were handled by leadguitarist and bandstarter Jeff Waters). This track is a fukkin' blast! A fast heavy metal-track, with some great portions of thrashmetal on the top!

- City Of Ice (From the album "Refresh The Demon" from 1996)
A very great song, with great melody and tempo! This is also a song that make's me happy, really don't know why, but it's a really great song! ;)

- Carnival Diablos (From the album "Carnival Diablos" from 2001)
New leadsinger again! And this guy was really good! On this track I think he sounds a bit like Andi Deris from Helloween! After all a really good track!

- Shallow Grave (From the album "Carnival Diablos" from 2001)
This singer is fuckin' insane! On this track he sounds... No, the whole fucking band sounds, like AC/DC... And then you can check out the song "Epic Of War" from the same album - like 2.30 in the song, the wole band sounds like Iron Maiden! xD

- Invite It (From the album "Schizo Deluxe" from 2005)
New leadsinger again! Listen to this song, especially to the part 01.56 into the song! Firstly the guitars, and then the melody of the vocals when it starts... :o It's so FUKKIN GOOD!! :lol:

Yeah, that's right - I think that ya'll should check out this band, NOW! :lol:

More
10 years 8 months ago #83322 by headbangerh?ll
headbangerh?ll replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
Ever heard Tryckvåg? I discovered them last year at monsters of mora, they're really great i think. Classic heavy metal from Mora!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =121273333

More
10 years 8 months ago #83333 by terryblade
terryblade replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread

headbangerhåll wrote: Ever heard Tryckvåg? I discovered them last year at monsters of mora, they're really great i think. Classic heavy metal from Mora!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =121273333

I'll check em out tomorrow when I have the time! But you have to check out Annihilator too! ;)

More
10 years 8 months ago #83342 by headbangerh?ll
headbangerh?ll replied the topic: The "highly recommended bands" thread
^^Annihilator is great, dude ;) . Awesome solo guitar in invite it

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds