More
8 years 3 months ago #128296 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic Extreme Metal
yer kiddin' xD lol!

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #128338 by dsv218
Replied by dsv218 on topic Extreme Metal

icey wrote: Lol. Erik is not a satanist. He's just putting on a show, just like Mayhem and Darkthrone did back in the day. They use satanic symbolism to provoce. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Care to prove that statement? You might be mixed up with Tobias Forge of Ghost hehe.

Sweden has many great (young) bands so some other black metal recommendations are Ascension (DE - in my opinion of the most promising black metal bands today), Antaeus (FR - "Satanic audio violence"), Katharsis (DE - not for the faint hearted!), Teitanblood (ES - again, not for the faint hearted!). Also Secrets of the Moon (DE) though they're not really black metal anymore.

Straight up thrash metal doesn't really do anything for me. With regards to death metal, old school (swedish) death metal is what i mostly listen to. Modern ones like Repugnant, Tribulation, Verminous and Stench are great. Oh, and buy the Swedish Death Metal book by Daniel Ekeroth!

• GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • I am of my father the devil...
More
8 years 3 months ago #128342 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Repugnant is fucking kick ass! bur they're not modern ! They started as a death band in 98'!
And good to see ya Dsv218
No really mary goore seems to be way more satanic than eric!And are you sure he sings in ghost ? I think that too! Coz' when you listen to subvision in which mary sings/sang(?) you can clearly hear it's him :)
But Erik just doesn't seem serious :)
What do you guys think of doom ? I like classic doom like sabbath but favorite kind is Stoner/Drone Metal like Sunn 0))),Electric Wizard and such :)

Let the light bless and

More
8 years 3 months ago #128351 by dsv218
Well I still consider them modern because they came after the early 90s boom of swedish death metal and they're still a 'hot' band today. Old school death metal revival you could say. There's still no word on when their new album 'Toxic Contagion' is going to be released even though i remember them saying it would be early/mid 2011.

Yep i'm 99% sure he's the singer of Ghost, i've read from reliable sources. That's why Repugnant hasn't been up to anything lately, he's very busy with Ghost at the moment. I have a feeling that the lead guitarist of The Scams is the lead guitarist in Ghost as well. Ghost is their top friend on myspace and both use the same gibson white SG.

I've got to disagree with Mary Goore being more serious though. From another forum i've read from someone who talked to him about Ghost and he said it's all for fun. Erik and Watain as a whole though are serious. You can see from their lyrics, artwork, live shows that they/Erik has an extensive knowledge on the occult/religious studies that doesn't come from reading a few books. Most black metal bands lack that depth that Watain have ever since Rabid Death's Curse, and most fans tend to ignore it, though for me it's one of the reasons why they are one of my favourite bands. Almost everything that they do is above the standards of the majority of the black metal bands today.

• GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
8 years 3 months ago #128365 by GunsNCrüeSWE
i don't agree :)
but there have been concerts with both repugnant and ghost but yeah i totally believe it's him too :)
HAIL BILLDAL! All the best death bands in from there :)

Let the light bless and

More
8 years 3 months ago #128376 by Tazzy
Replied by Tazzy on topic Extreme Metal
What are some good bands that i should get into??? i dont really listen to the real heavy stuff, i have quite a few heavy bands, but i only really listen to 80's, glam, sleaze, and hair metal, not to mention some great classic rock... any suggestions???

“Each and every one of us has a fire that burns inside us and they can try like hell to put out that flame, but as long as in our minds we know who we are meant to be, they don’t stand a chance."

More
8 years 3 months ago #128379 by agrafka
Replied by agrafka on topic Extreme Metal
if you mostly listen to 80s music, try Avantasia, first two albums(The Metal Opera, pt. 1&2) It's rather power metal than anything else, but i think you're gonna like it, it's pure madness.

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
8 years 3 months ago #128402 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic Extreme Metal

Tazzy wrote: What are some good bands that i should get into??? i dont really listen to the real heavy stuff, i have quite a few heavy bands, but i only really listen to 80's, glam, sleaze, and hair metal, not to mention some great classic rock... any suggestions???

Thrash metal, thrash metal and... yes, thrash metal! :lol: If you want me to recommend you some bands, just ask ;).

• GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
8 years 3 months ago #128403 by GunsNCrüeSWE
yeah to begin with is metallica and megadeth :) and then anthrax and destruction :)
and more extreme thrash is Slayer,exhorder,exumer and such :)

Let the light bless and

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
8 years 3 months ago #128409 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic Extreme Metal
Yes, Metallica is the most important. Also I can add Exodus and Testament to your list :).

• GunsNCrüeSWE
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
8 years 3 months ago #128412 by GunsNCrüeSWE
yeah and exciter! but i only like metallicas first 4 albums :)
but no i don't find metallica the most important..no

Let the light bless and

More
8 years 3 months ago #128415 by dsv218
Go straight to Entombed's 'To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth', then go backwards through all of the albums all the way to Nihilist.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds