Crashdiet

The Youtube Recommendations Thread

More
8 years 2 months ago #118131 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: The Youtube Recommendations Thread
@Viper

Even if it's not my cup of tea, I kinda like that music. Makes me go into "wanna-visit-an-irish pub-mode" haha. Yeah it's cool to listen to something completely different sometimes.

My contribution today will be this
[youtube:2iw3m4su]
[/youtube:2iw3m4su]

Genre: Hardcore Skatepunk or something like that
Band:Rich Kids on LSD
Album: RocK 'n Roll Nightmare (I think)
Song: Blockout
Year: 1989

I'm not gonna write much since it's really late, but Joe Raposo is really one of my bass-playing inspirative persons. Alright here are some facts copied from wikipedia.

Rich Kids on LSD (R.K.L.) was a Californian hardcore punk band formed in 1982 in Montecito, California, a suburb of Santa Barbara. They were associated with the "Nardcore" scene that evolved out of nearby Oxnard. Their music expanded over the years from West Coast hardcore to a mix of hardcore with rock elements[citation needed]. This style, along with touring, made them very popular on the European scene, especially among skaters in the eighties and nineties.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #121133 by glam_junkie
glam_junkie replied the topic: The Youtube Recommendations Thread

Crystal Pistol "Rockstar"
Canada
Track from their self titled album, filled with great agressive sleaze. One of my favourite albums of that year!
Like heavy buckcherry, or dirtier gnr.

More
8 years 1 month ago #121773 by duff37
duff37 replied the topic: The Youtube Recommendations Thread
Hell ya, i had never heard of CP before let alone heard their music but its rockin man.

Genre: 80's Sleaze
Band:Roxx Gang
Album:Things Youve Never Done Before
Song:Scratch my back
Year:1990

Roxx Gang is an 80's band that really flew under the radar. They should have been so much bigger than they were, just like so many other bands of the time. Well i really dont know a whole lot about this band but i hope you ennjoy the song. Besides this is where sleaze started!

"Take er sleazy, and if shes sleazy... take er twice"

More
8 years 1 month ago #121774 by glam_junkie
hey Duff...being from the US , i guess you've checked out Dirty Penny?
People think they're the US answer to crashdiet, but whilst i still liek them...to me they're no where nearly as good, but others rave over them.

Dirty Penny - 'Scream & SHout'
USA
glam/ sleaze
like a very cheesy version of crashdiet.

More
8 years 1 month ago #121779 by duff37
@glam_junkie ya man, ive listened to a bit of Dirty Penny. although i dont think they are a knock off of crashdiet. and yes Crashdiet is wayyyyy better. however i will welcome Dirty Penny over the rest of the main stream bullshit "rock" they have here anyday.

More
8 years 1 month ago #122038 by glam_junkie

duff37 wrote: @glam_junkie ya man, ive listened to a bit of Dirty Penny. although i dont think they are a knock off of crashdiet. and yes Crashdiet is wayyyyy better. however i will welcome Dirty Penny over the rest of the main stream bullshit "rock" they have here anyday.

any other US bands you suggest i check out?
i try to cehck out all the lastest glam / sleaze bands, but there always a chance that soem have slipped under my guard.

More
8 years 1 month ago #122045 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: The Youtube Recommendations Thread

glam_junkie wrote: i try to cehck out all the lastest glam / sleaze bands, but there always a chance that soem have slipped under my guard.

You should just write a column or something. You seem so on the pulse with new bands in the genre.

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

More
8 years 1 month ago #122062 by glam_junkie

XiLaii wrote:

glam_junkie wrote: i try to cehck out all the lastest glam / sleaze bands, but there always a chance that soem have slipped under my guard.

You should just write a column or something. You seem so on the pulse with new bands in the genre.

i actually used to write cd and demo reviews for Glitzine, but have slowly let that slide being busy with so much other stuff.
i also have a thread going on 'Heavy Harmonies' (a cool hard rock site), where i list random, unknown sleaze bands for people to check out.
Anyone into 80s' 90's hard rock should join their forum.

ALways thought about getting website going deicated to those lesser knwon sleaze bands, but the time involved may just be a bit too uch for me with work and all other things on top.

if you're interested, here's just a few examples of my reviews...
www.glitzine.net/recensioner/thedeadthings2.htm
www.glitzine.net/recensioner/theidols.htm
www.glitzine.net/recensioner/bbsteal.htm
www.glitzine.net/recensioner/chrislaney.htm
www.glitzine.net/recensioner/crazylixx.htm
www.glitzine.net/recensioner/hellcityglamours.htm

More
8 years 1 month ago #122096 by duff37
Genre: 80's rock
Band:lol:ef Leppard
Album:Adrenalize
Song:I wanna touch you
Year:1992?

Dunno if anyone here likes the "popy" side of hair bands but def lep. is one of my favorite bands. and i just so happen to like this song.

More
8 years 1 month ago #122307 by XiLaii

glam_junkie wrote: ALways thought about getting website going deicated to those lesser knwon sleaze bands, but the time involved may just be a bit too uch for me  with work and all other things on top.

I'm sure if you ever wanted to go ahead with it you could round up some help :)

glam_junkie wrote: if you're interested, here's just a few examples of my reviews...

I really am, and I'll definitely give them a read.

Photo Blog // Flickr

More
8 years 1 month ago #123572 by duff37
Genre:80's rock
Band:Child's Play
Album:?
Song:when hell freezes over
Year:?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #125697 by XiLaii
Ahh I need some new music, so hopefully kickstarting this thread again will send my collection in the right diection! :3.

Opinion on Childs Play - Hell Freezes Over
I actually kind of enjoyed it. It's not a bad track, but there was nothing super awesome that just grabbed me about it, & that's usually the way I fall in love with music.

Genre: Last.fm says Glam Rock but I disagree. Although I have always maintained that I suck at genre specifics, haha.
Band: Gunfire 76
Album: Casualties & Tragedies
Song: Casualties & Tragedies
Year: 2009
Personal reflection/why it's so good we should listen to it: For a start, I really enjoy the opening lyrics XD. I mean, perhaps this is not the best thing to say for a recommendation but it's not musically anything special, but I really enjoy it. And it's got that definite Wednesday 13 taint to it, so if you enjoy any of the other projects he's worked on, then it's definitely worth a listen :3

Photo Blog // Flickr

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds