Crashdiet

Velvet Revolver

More
10 years 8 months ago #85999 by bitt?rswe
Replied by bitt?rswe on topic Velvet Revolver
for me they're much better than "new GNR". But I think they should have hired Sebastian Bach as singer as they wanted to do in the beginning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dany_thunder85
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
10 years 8 months ago #86001 by dany_thunder85
Replied by dany_thunder85 on topic Velvet Revolver
There´s a Rumor that the IRISH singer Phil Conalane from Million Dollar Reload. is the new singer..

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news08/1201vel.shtml

More
10 years 8 months ago #86009 by crashcrueroxx
Replied by crashcrueroxx on topic Velvet Revolver

Dany_Thunder85 wrote: There´s a Rumor that the IRISH singer Phil Conalane from Million Dollar Reload. is the new singer..

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news08/1201vel.shtml

thanks man :)

• baros
  • Topic Author
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
More
10 years 8 months ago #86010 by baros
Replied by baros on topic Velvet Revolver
Yeah rellay thanx dude! :lol:

More
10 years 7 months ago #86570 by hanoirocker23
Replied by hanoirocker23 on topic Velvet Revolver
My thoughts are that the possibility of a reunion is in Axl's and Izzy's hands... But in case nobody noticed for about the past 10-15 years of GNR and GNR related news its that You can't have a successful GNR album WITHOUT IZZY STRADLIN.

Izzy has worked on so many of the important songs from GNR's heyday and he has even played a handful of dates with Axl in recent years.

Also in his book Slash criticized axl for the lateness of tours and had a nonchalant attitude of the drug use of him and the rest of the band.

There were times when Axl addressed this to the members of GNR publicly at concerts and things didn't change.

Slash had to deal with rehab in Hawaii and Duff's pancreas FUCKING EXPLODED... Steven Adler is a walking tragedy that one can't get into...

Izzy seems to come and go as he pleases now when it comes to GNR and if he could record with Axl again I think that would be In AXL's best interests.

And there are a lot of shit that AXL did to piss his bandmates his fans and also the concert promoters off that I have to admit.

All I want to say abut a GNR Reunion There are no Angels when we are talking about Use your illusion members of guns n roses.

Think about recent reunions..

Anthrax Joey Belladonna- Amazing shows but didn't last because none of the bandmates could put it with all the shit that was throw back in their face which was the reason for the breakup in the first place... All reunion tours are doomed to that, whatever broke up the band in the first place is thrust right back in your face...

Led Zeppelin- Who KNOWS??? they did one live show recently and thats it and all there is to show is blabbermouth.net arguments

and lead singers who push on irregardless of their former band mates..

Dave Mustaine
Edsel Dope
Al Jourgensen (Ministry retired but he kept on going till 2008)

Reunions that are working
Slayer Dave Lombardo
Marilyn Manson Twiggy

I want to make a closing statement that links everything together. Some reunions work but they depend upo a lot of things...

If the members are clean, if they are professional , can they get along with one another, what kind of mental state the band members are in.

I think of Axl and some say he has bipolar- maybe he does and that makes for ELECTRIFYING performances but dealing with him can be horrific sometimes when you are at the other end of it.

From what Axl says abut Slash he wants to be out in the front the whole time, but either way Axl and Slash are going to butt heads when they are on stage.

Duff- From what is said about him does not have the mentality to get involved in a problem, he won't make a problem worst, but he won't make it better either.

From what is said and what I have seen Matt Sorum might not be the closest in terms of a relationship with Slash and Duff.

When Izzy is around Eveyone in GNR tries to be cool to keep him around cuz Izzy does not perform without Strings.

I think a GNR reunion is possible but there are a lot of IFS and strings involved. First thing is get IZZY STRADLIN solidly on board then get Duff and Slash to roll with what Izzy and Axl have to say.

But I imagine if shit started going down Izzy would not last long on the tour. I imagine a dozen or a handful of electrifying performances and then thats that.

But if someone has a different theory of a GNR reunion feel free to state your idea?

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
10 years 7 months ago #86571 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic Velvet Revolver
wrong thread :?:

btw yeah Izzy was the most important, in songwriting, He was always special to me. But I think at first Axl has to clean up things with Slash.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds