Crashdiet

NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES

More
11 years 11 months ago #67745 by girsindri
Replied by girsindri on topic NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES
DOUBLE POST

and yeah, i'm gonna keep doin this forever.

Sixx Resurrects With New Album
"The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack" is truly to die for.
Summer Rogers

Issue date: 10/3/07 Section: Entertainment

Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx is an outlandish human being. He died of a drug overdose, was resurrected, and in turn, like most rock stars, he wrote a book.

However, for Sixx just composing his diary entries into a book is not enough, he must also create a soundtrack to accompany it.

"The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack" by Sixx: A.M. is a great album; a mix of dialogue from Sixx's book and various genres of music come together to create something completely unique and new for Sixx.

The soundtrack is by the newly formed band called, Sixx: A.M. The band is comprised of Nikki Sixx (on bass of course), and friends James Michael (providing vocals, playing guitar and writing songs) and DJ Ashba (lending his skills on the guitar, as well as producing the album).

Each of the 13 tracks represents one of the chapters from Sixx's "Heroin Diaries," which come together to create a musical synopsis of the novel.

The album kicks off the madness with dialogue from Sixx called, "X-Mas In Hell," in which Sixx vividly describes a Christmas Day in '87. He's crouched naked under a Christmas tree, with a needle in his arm and watching his holiday spirit coagulate in a spoon as he writes in his diary.

At first listen, it is difficult to tell if the track actually belongs on Sixx's album, it sounds like a blend of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and "The Nightmare Before Christmas." But it works, since it is only a monologue by Sixx.

"Tomorrow" and "Accidents Can Happen" take the rocking down a notch. These two
songs are the ballads of the album, and show the sentimental side of Sixx's band.

Track six is called "Intermission" and is another monologue by Sixx. He briefly describes when he discovered his lost memoirs. The track then goes into a literal music intermission of twisted circus music, played in a rock day with wailing electric guitars.

"Tomorrow" and "Accidents Can Happen" take the rocking down a notch. These two songs are the ballads of the album, and show the sentimental side of Sixx's band.

"Dead Man's Ballet" sounds completely different from the rest of the album. The vocals sound different from the other tracks, there is a Gospel quality to Michael's voice in this song that makes it stand out from the other tracks.

In the lyrics, Sixx describes when he was rushed to the hospital when he overdosed, and his desire to survive. The song unexpectedly becomes Gospel and light, with the lyrics, "you can lead him to the ambulance, but you can't make him live."

"Life after Death," rounds out the album, as the third track of spoken word by Sixx. He opens the track with, "We're at the end and at the same time, we're at the beginning of this misadventure." The album is a wild ride through the ups and downs of Sixx's life. The album culminates with, "This is, without a doubt, my life after death."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #67821 by girsindri
[size=59:qh5ewxy5]triple fucking post ey.[/size]

Nikki Sixx on Fuse

http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18304144

More
11 years 11 months ago #68066 by faith sixx
Replied by faith sixx on topic NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES
I love X-mas in hell. So beautiful but so sad at the same time.
And Van Nuys too, perfect song 8-)

More
11 years 11 months ago #68104 by dustnbones_
Replied by dustnbones_ on topic NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES
Listen just now the songs :!:
They are fukking awsome!!!!!!! Really like it!

Have the book been relisead just in english or you can find it in another languages too?

More
11 years 11 months ago #68139 by faith sixx
I got the book, it`s awesome! 8-)
and it`s just in english

More
11 years 11 months ago #68173 by faith sixx
July 10, 1987
Hotel, Wichita, 7:00 p.m.

Whitesnake is supporting us now. They are so boring. I hate their new corporate music as well. David Coverdale was in Deep Purple so you`d think he was cool as fuck. But no, yesterday he told the crowd he had diarrhea... can you believe that shit? (Joke!) And the fuckep-up thing is he DOES have it. I walked into a bathroom after him and he told me not to go in the can `cause he just sprayed water out his ass. Then he goes onstage and whines to the audience about it!!

Every time I meet a rock star, I seem to lose faith... are there any left? (...)
That chick Tawny Kitaen that Tommy used to bang is out here with Coverdale. I hope Tommy fucks her while Diarrhea Boy is onstage...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

More
11 years 11 months ago #68186 by rocket-queen
Replied by rocket-queen on topic NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES
I've read the book a few weeks ago!
It's great, but very shocking in some passages! When nikki talks about how he wants to get sober, but can't and how he feels while taking the drugs, i was realy touched!

More
11 years 11 months ago #68196 by dustnbones_
Replied by dustnbones_ on topic NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES
I read yesterday the firsts pages of the book, and its just awsome!
Im really thinking about buying the book!

More
11 years 11 months ago #68197 by dustnbones_

Rocket-Queen wrote: , but very shocking in some passages! When nikki talks about how he wants to get sober, but can't and how he feels while taking the drugs, i was realy touched!

VERY shoking

But the thing i most like was when he said in a interview like "Nowadays i dont drink, I dont use drugs, but I still do rock n roll"

More
11 years 11 months ago #68538 by girsindri
book review, metal hammer....

NIKKI SIXX
THE HEROIN DIARIES
[size=75:314pdmwl][MTV/VH1 BOOKS][/size]

THIS isn't The Dirt. This is Nikki Sixx's personal hell - his diaries for a period when the needle was his closest companion, and he despised himself for not having the strenght to overcome his addiction. Full of self-loathing, paranoia and just the occasional moment of hope, it really does detail the monstrous chasm between Sixx's brain-melting, life-threatening descen, and the parallel hedonistic glories being achieved by the Crüe. You do wonder if anyone close to the bassist noticed that he wasn't just doing recreational drugs, but was committing a painful suicide. That is perhaps the most shocking truth here. Didn't anyone care enough? The accompanying soundtrack album is dark, dense and very introspective. Alternative rock that owes more to Alice In Chains and Jim Morrison than it does to the party-hardy affectations of the mother ship. Doherty, take notes. [7]
[size=75:314pdmwl]MALCOLM DOME[/size]

More
11 years 11 months ago #68540 by waspgirl
I started reading the book Friday night and am almost done already. It's so gripping. I can't stop reading. Got 124 pages to go.

Like Malcolm Dome said in the interview above, "THIS isn't The Dirt. This is Nikki Sixx's personal hell".

Read it if you get the chance!

More
11 years 11 months ago #68547 by foby

WaspGirl wrote: I started reading the book Friday night and am almost done already. It's so gripping. I can't stop reading. Got 124 pages to go.

Like Malcolm Dome said in the interview above, "THIS isn't The Dirt. This is Nikki Sixx's personal hell".

Read it if you get the chance!

You bet I'll read it!

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds