Crashdiet

NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES

More
12 years 1 week ago #63834 by andy83

Hanna Rokk wrote:

Jack Daniel's wrote:

WaspGirl wrote:

Andy83 wrote: Yeah!! This book seems to be interesting.

Hope it will be available on spanish shops! :)

WaspGirl, ¿What 'bout Girl with Golden Eyes? ^.^

:____D

:lol: 8-) I love all the songs on the album! Girl with Golden Eyes is great but there are those I like better actually... :rolleyes:

I totally love Pray for Me (and yes, I liked this one waaaay before it was on their Myspace :lol:), Courtesy Call, Heart Failure, X-Mas in Hell, Tomorrow and Dead Man's Ballet. In no particular order.

And of course, never forget my favourite Life is Beautiful...!

Can't wait to read the book! AND see the movie!

you soo love them!! :) i love Dead man's ballet and Life is beautiful the most..:)

Yeah I like them too! It's so many beautiful songs =) I got them all yesterday :lol:
They're really touching

Well, I'm going to make a confession. After listening the CD I felt like... don't know how to expalin it... :rolleyes: er...

I wanted to say: Come with me Nikki, I'm going to take care of you (in a cute way)!! hahaha!!...

Well, I don't know if I have explained myself... :rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #63839 by waspgirl

Andy83 wrote: Well, I'm going to make a confession. After listening the CD I felt like... don't know how to expalin it... :rolleyes: er...

I wanted to say: Come with me Nikki, I'm going to take care of you (in a cute way)!! hahaha!!...

Haha Andy! Yeah, you explained yourself. I'm sure half the female population feels the same...[/b] :lol: 8-)

More
12 years 1 week ago #63840 by mimz
^^exactly!! i think that more than 50 % felt that way! :) :rolleyes:

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

More
12 years 6 days ago #63892 by elentina

Jack Daniel's wrote: ^^exactly!! i think that more than 50 % felt that way! :) :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I am in the 50% too haha
My card is looking forward to be charged ...however i'll have a look in greek stores first

More
12 years 6 days ago #63914 by hanna rokk
Replied by hanna rokk on topic NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES
I felt that too!
And after listening at his songs I said to my mum^^ : Nikki's not stupid. He may have done many stupid things but he has always known how to make good music =)

More
12 years 5 days ago #63953 by mimz
^^yeah..and everyone of us does stupid things in some point in our lifes..maybe not same kinda as Nikki but still stupid things you wish you never had done..but..life goes on.. and we learn of those stupid things.. well, often we do! :lol:

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

More
12 years 5 days ago #63971 by andy83

WaspGirl wrote:

Andy83 wrote: Well, I'm going to make a confession. After listening the CD I felt like... don't know how to expalin it... :rolleyes: er...

Haha Andy! Yeah, you explained yourself. I'm sure half the female population feels the same...[/b] :lol: 8-)

And the other half part haven't listened the cd yet!! xD

More
12 years 5 days ago #64002 by hanna rokk
Does anyone know who's singing? I can hear that it's not the same voice on every song so I get confused :rolleyes:

More
12 years 5 days ago #64005 by girsindri
Replied by girsindri on topic NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES
James Michael is the singer.
and he's good. it's him on all the songs i'm pretty sure yeah.

More
12 years 4 days ago #64013 by hanna rokk

Girsindri wrote: James Michael is the singer.

but it's nikki who's talking right?

More
12 years 4 days ago #64026 by od?nn

Hanna Rokk wrote:

Girsindri wrote: James Michael is the singer.

but it's nikki who's talking right?

Yeah :lol:

More
11 years 11 months ago #64458 by girsindri
Replied by girsindri on topic NIKKI SIXX back on trakk with his HEROIN DIARIES
Fear Diaries by Larry Getlen:

FEAR DIARIES
CRUE BASSIST LOOKS BACK, EVALUATES DRUGGED-OUT LIFE
By LARRY GETLEN

August 19, 2007 -- MOTLEY Crue bassist and songwriter Nikki Sixx has kept a diary since just before the band's formation in 1980. Recently, while reading his accounts of the early days, he was stunned by his transformation from starry-eyed wannabe to dream- achieving drug addict.

“I was glancing at stuff from when I was this kid with a dream about being in a band,” says Sixx. “Later, in '85, I started doing a lot of drugs - uncontrollably. And I was floored, because within half an hour I'd read about this kid with a dream, and then, basically, my s
uicide note.”

Sixx's journals were stark accounts of druggie hell, including paranoia so intense that he would hide in his closet from imaginary pursuers. In reading these recollections, Sixx, now six years clean, was inspired to share his experiences with others, in order to show the horror of his chosen path.

On Sept. 18, Sixx will release “The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star.” Co-written with journalist Ian Gittins, the book features select journal entries from his most dangerous years, alongside present-day commentary from himself, his bandmates and friends such as Slash.

To deepen the project even further, Sixx also wrote, along with singer James Michael and guitarist DJ Ashba, “The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack,” a modern-day rock opera based on his time in hell that comes out Tuesday under the moniker Sixx: A.M.

Sixx's problems, it turns out, were a long time in the making. The product of a troubled household, Sixx, born Frank Feranna, was abandoned by his father at 3 and was shuffled around during his childhood, winding up homeless at age 13.

“My addictions were just a Band-Aid for what happened to me as a child,” says Sixx. “If a kid's not nurtured and loved and made to feel safe, they go into life feeling empty and disconnected.”

This disconnect led him to the three like-minded souls with whom he formed Motley Crue, but also to a drug addiction that actually found him declared dead during an overdose in 1987.

While he stayed clean for periods of time, he failed to, as he calls it, “peel the onion,” meaning that he never confronted the real issues tormenting him.

Sixx checked into an Arizona rehab facility in 2001, and one morning, after a bout of insomnia, he had an epiphany.

“After seven days of waking up at 4, I snuck out of my room,” he says. “I hit my knees and said, 'I don't know if anybody's up there, but I give up. If you just remove this from me, I will do something good with my life. I can't do this anymore.' ”

Sixx, who calls that “the saddest and happiest moment of his life,” has been clean ever since.

After touring with Motley Crue this fall on a double bill with Aerosmith, he hopes to record a new Crue record next year, and says that he feels more “rock 'n' roll” now than ever before because “rock 'n' roll's about freedom, and I'm free.”

While he certainly hopes that both the book and the CD catch on with fans, Sixx feels that it's not for him to

say what people should take from

“The Heroin Diaries” project. Like the decision to take drugs itself, that's up to each and every individual.

“If people read this and go, 'That's really cool, maybe I can apply that to my life,' that's fine,” he says. “Or, if they just wanna be a fly on the wall for some rock star falling apart, that's fine, too. I'm not on a soapbox. I'm not a preacher. I'm not an evangelist. I'm just a guy sharing my experience.”

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08192007/entertainment/music/fear_diaries_music_larry_getlen.htm

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds