Crashdiet

Vains Of Jenna...

More
8 years 1 day ago #123799 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...

mrs v. viper wrote: haha. we all know you love Metallica :) and they are a good band for sure, but not everyone can be so enthusastic about them as you are ;)
(gosh, I think I sound the same when I talk about Crash haha)

Glad you're aware of it ;). And of course I understand and respect that not everyone is so enthusiastic about 'em as I am, that's fair and cool :). Little off topic here, I'm to blame, sorry :P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 day ago #123805 by Jesse James
Jesse James replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...
Jesse is a good singer, but they seem to have lost their attitude since Lizzy left.
also Aerosmith Honkin On Bobo, is a great cover album, it can be done

A Crashdietian from Australia.

More
7 years 7 months ago #133666 by glam_junkie
glam_junkie replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...
Finally got around to listening to "Reverse Tripped".

Wow... that was garbage!
I don;t think there was 1 song on there that i didn't flick the "f-fwd" button on.

The new vocals are waaaaay to generirc. With Lizzy the had originality, they had attitude, they were dirty, they were sleazy... but now, they can blend in with any other band that recorded a bgrade hair metal album back in 1991. I think they have made a bad move! I'm not saying the vocals we bad, but they have lost the vibe that VOJ has always been about.

One thing i really particularly didn't like is that they recorded the covers basically identical to the originals. I like when a band takes a cover and makes it their own, eg Starrats with "I'll Be There For You" (Bon Jovi) or "Dancin With Myself" (Billy Idol).

Maybe their originals will be better, but this album will never be listened to again.

More
7 years 7 months ago #133672 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...
I havent listened to the record because the song "fuck you" made me avoid the record haha^^

Its kind of sad with this band isnt it? I mean the Art of Telling Lies is an amazing record with this record they finnaly had strong songs.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
7 years 7 months ago #133675 by Jesse James
Jesse James replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...
I think it was just a dumb idea for the band to debut Jesse on a album of covers, they should have done one of originals to try win the fans over before they went for cover songs, thats just my opinion anyway.

A Crashdietian from Australia.

More
7 years 7 months ago #133678 by martinkrush
^ I agree with you Jesse, they should've recorded an album with original stuff at first.

More
7 years 7 months ago #133685 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...
I never really got why they did that either, I liked the oe of the covers I've heard, but introducing a new singer with a) old song and b) covers looked a bit unwise to me from the beginning on. :S
sad, because I really like Jesse, and he was awesome live.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
7 years 7 months ago #133687 by glam_junkie
glam_junkie replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...
i haven't heard any originals they have done with the new guy, but the website want about $20 for shipping for the ep they did....
would like to get it (We Can Never Die - VOl 2) , but not paying that amount for shipping.

More
7 years 7 months ago #133691 by leathurrebel423
leathurrebel423 replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...
Honestly, I think all the covers are terrible, it seems they took a turn for the worse when Lizzy left, when they release some new originals I will still check it out, but if that turns out poorly it might just be the final nail in the coffin for me.

More
7 years 7 months ago #133696 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...

Marmetal wrote: But Metallica's Garage Inc. is brilliant (and it has probably the best production of all Metallica albums, well for sure one of the best :)) so it is possible to record a great cover album :cool:. Sorry I had to :lol:.

I Dunnu bout that... The end of Last Carees/Green Hell is probably one of the worst covers ever done ;)

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
7 years 7 months ago #133702 by martinkrush

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Marmetal wrote: But Metallica's Garage Inc. is brilliant (and it has probably the best production of all Metallica albums, well for sure one of the best :)) so it is possible to record a great cover album :cool:. Sorry I had to :lol:.

I Dunnu bout that... The end of Last Carees/Green Hell is probably one of the worst covers ever done ;)

They did the ending for fun, don't take it seriously! :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #134922 by Gates
Gates replied the topic: Vains Of Jenna...
I think people should just avoid covering the (Danzig-era) Misfits, the material is too untouchable for that, in my opinion.

Anyway, that aside, even tho I usually couldn't care less about covers, especially cover albums, I think VoJ actuallya nice job with the Fuck You cover. But yeah, I don't think they'll ever, ever top the Lizzy material.

They look ridiculously generic now aswell...

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds