Crashdiet

moving to england

More
12 years 7 months ago #5074 by mcqueenmonroe
mcqueenmonroe created the topic: moving to england
i wanna move there (london) but everyone keeps telling me if i dont have a job plan or am going to school that england will kick me out of thier country. is this true? i'm gonna be in band that'll bring in a tiny bit of $$ but other than that will they kick me out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5084 by randee
randee replied the topic: moving to england
I don't know for sure, but that makes sense. I can see why a country wouldn't want foreigners moving to their country, and not doing anything productive (ie having a job, or going to school). It makes their country look bad to have unemployed people since their unemployment percentage would go up and if you are a foreigner it's probably easy for them to just kick you out.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5087 by mcqueenmonroe
mcqueenmonroe replied the topic: moving to england
yeah. but i really dont wanna live in america anymore. the record companies hate poeple like me! rock n roll is the only thing im good at. i just want the chance evryone else has like in england and sweden. how did hanoi rocks move there if they were just in a band? its really frustrating! :rolleyes:

More
12 years 7 months ago #5118 by kornflakes
kornflakes replied the topic: moving to england
hm, but u don't want to live in america cos there isn't any rock n' roll record company? I'm sure that in that big country as USA there is one...but maybe I'm wrong...
in Poland we don't have such company for sure... maybe becoz noone listens to sleazy and glam (propably noone knows that there are such kinds of rock)...I wanna to move somewhere too, but I dunno if its possible... maybe to Sweden sometime...

More
12 years 7 months ago #5120 by a friend
a friend replied the topic: moving to england
I think someone has hit on some good points here, first of all you would need a place to stay in London, food, living costs etc, so maybe a job too? Unless your rich already ;)

Then you would need to take your demo's to all the record companies, and u might still not get anywhere fast.

Why dont you send them over to all the record companies now? While you still where you do, then if you do get a lucky break, take it from there, as it will cost you quite alot to up stick and move to London, its very expensive to rent flats over there, and you would need to fund this like i have said, with work, so if you do your homework first, and put the feelers out, im sure you may here from some record companies if they think your what they are looking for.

If im right in thinking this i believe Vains of Jenna are doing the same, moving to London, from what i read on myspace.

Good Luck

C xx

More
12 years 7 months ago #5125 by mcqueenmonroe

A FRIEND wrote: I think someone has hit on some good points here, first of all you would need a place to stay in London, food, living costs etc, so maybe a job too? Unless your rich already ;)

Then you would need to take your demo's to all the record companies, and u might still not get anywhere fast.

Why dont you send them over to all the record companies now? While you still where you do, then if you do get a lucky break, take it from there, as it will cost you quite alot to up stick and move to London, its very expensive to rent flats over there, and you would need to fund this like i have said, with work, so if you do your homework first, and put the feelers out, im sure you may here from some record companies if they think your what they are looking for.

If im right in thinking this i believe Vains of Jenna are doing the same, moving to London, from what i read on myspace.

thank you! i did some research and my friend Jade and Danni from my band are moving with me. jades getting a job and so is danni and me. we think we'll have enough money if we can all go to school and work for awhile. his family has a bit of money and he's gonna fund the making of the demos over here. we're gonna be fine if we can just get the government to let us move there...
Good Luck

C xx

More
12 years 7 months ago #5126 by wildchild85
wildchild85 replied the topic: moving to england
well actually i heard vains of jenna were moving to LA and i think you should move there too...i think london aint the rite city for you nowdays...ive been there many times and there no such a rock'n'roll scene...you got lot of place to play but few rocknroll in it...mostly indie and alternative stuff...nowdays sleaze is raising back from sweden, and i think stockholm is the best place if you wanna play clubs with your band but its hard to make it big anyway...

More
12 years 7 months ago #5127 by a friend
a friend replied the topic: moving to england

wildchild85 wrote: well actually i heard vains of jenna were moving to LA and i think you should move there too...i think london aint the rite city for you nowdays...ive been there many times and there no such a rock'n'roll scene...you got lot of place to play but few rocknroll in it...mostly indie and alternative stuff...nowdays sleaze is raising back from sweden, and i think stockholm is the best place if you wanna play clubs with your band but its hard to make it big anyway...

This is what Vains of Jenna wrote on myspace recently...

The band just wanted to thank you and everyone else here at www.myspace.com for being our friend.

VAINS OF JENNA is moving to London on April 1st.
Please spread the word and if anyone can help us out in anyway
(rehearsal space, gigs, food and places to stay) please contact us A.S.A.P.

VAINS OF JENNA will also move to Hollywood later this year
so please spread the word all over the US.

It's time for a rock n' roll revolution. Be apart of it!
Let's show the world together!
It's YOU and US agains the world!
Nothing comes easy but with hard work we can all make a change!

Keep on rockin'

VAINS OF JENNA
www.vainsofjenna.com

So i guess they will go to London first then to L.A. i wish them all the luck :)

C x

More
12 years 7 months ago #5193 by mcqueenmonroe
i would move to london anyday before i moved to LA. there is rock n roll in london. even if its not alot. theres not any record labels or clubs that wanna have rock n roll in LA. europe all around has more rock n roll than america.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5442 by tommy
tommy replied the topic: moving to england
Altho london is by far one of the most rockin places in England by european standards it blows goats.

It's just an over priced buisness city. They only really rad place is Camden town cos they tend to sell rare cd's and merch and stuff but apart from that Londons not all it;s cracked out to b. Save ur money and go to Stockholm or Caliafornia or somewhere :lol:

More
12 years 7 months ago #5786 by mcqueenmonroe

tommy wrote: Altho london is by far one of the most rockin places in England by european standards it blows goats.

It's just an over priced buisness city. They only really rad place is Camden town cos they tend to sell rare cd's and merch and stuff but apart from that Londons not all it;s cracked out to b. Save ur money and go to Stockholm or Caliafornia or somewhere :lol:

im only using london 2 "get my name out" its gonna be a pit stop in my life. ill go to sthlm some day and japan someday too.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5996 by vanessa
vanessa replied the topic: moving to england
just a question are there any people here from LA? i´m moving there in about 2 years or so, to study at MI a music school.... so i´m just wondering how LA looks like today=)

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds