Crashdiet

Random facts

More
3 years 9 months ago #160457

ANY beverage I make (and it doesn't really matter whether it is cuba libre or just tea) is always so damn strong that nobody else wants to drink it.
...I swear that my coffee has just blinked at me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #160460

MissHurricane wrote:

Random fact n.1: There's NOTHING in the whole world like czech moshers. Someone should write a dissertation about them, since they're pretty interesting specie... You can never see them on the street, you can't even see them coming to the gig. I have my own theory that they're actually sleeping in the basement from show to show and they wake up with the sound of drums and bass - then they will crawl out like fucking bears after the winter... But whatever, there's just THAT one second when you glance over your shoulder and you realize they are fucking everywhere - drunk, tattooed and sweaty guys of every sizes and indeterminate age. In that moment, you only have two options: First, you can try to join the madness and hope that you won't get your bones smashed. Second, you better run for your life or they will trample you into the ground and probably eat you alive. However, I don't want to lie to you, there's a verification needed 'cause I've never met any survivor in my life.

It is very hard to escape at the right time. :=D

More
3 years 9 months ago #160461

Haha, I've just realized I posted this to the wrong topic... two months late :lol: Nevermind.

More
3 years 7 months ago #161367

The last time I went to see a band playing live was in Finland fest in Tokyo 25th of May 2007. Then I got pregnant...

More
3 years 7 months ago #161605

When I was studying at university, I also worked as a live sound engineer at a local youth center for an year to earn some cash. I'm like 153cm and back then I was only 38kg, so it wasn't probably the best fitting job for me, :) but I had so much fun.
Because I worked for the town I was living in, they were really cheap, so my job description included everything from building the stage and setting up the PA-system to doing the sound engineering for the live shows (I usually did the monitor mixing, but for some rare cases got to do the front of the house mixing too :B: ). At weekends we did band events, and weekdays any odd jobs around the city that needed a PA-system.
I must say, that it was the most physically challenging job I've ever had - that stuff is really heavy, and the guys I was working with were always really amused when I was trying to move some of the heviest equipment (always betting on how far I could move something :| ) - but it was also very rewarding job to have.
Sometimes we got to help the professional live sound engineers when there were some bigger events in the town. I have a little mixed feelings about those though. At one level we learned so many things we didn't know, but on the other hand, I was always reduced to the coffee girl whilst the other guys got to help with building the PA-system. :mad: While I was working with "my guys", I was always part of the group (one of the guys), but when we got to work with other people, I was always singled out as the "girl", and no-one took any notice that I was actually good at what I was doing.
Albeit that, It was really happy year (didn't do much studying though. :P )

Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by katribear.

More
3 years 7 months ago #161615

I can't sleep for longer than 4 hours, no matter how hard I try to fall back asleep, I usually fail, but when I manage to get more sleep, I always get ill (high temperature, sore throat etc.)

More
1 year 8 months ago #163169

Late as f*ck I can share this random fact: Everytime I eat a peeled carrot I get hickups. *call 911, she has a problem*

The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: Eadu

More
6 months 1 week ago #163683

I'm late, too...but I'll call it fashionably late. Random facts:

I once got in a fight with Scott Weiland in a bar in Atlanta (he got kicked out).

I despise the sound of people chewing. Like seriously - I freak out. It's involuntary.

I was once attacked by a sheep.

I'm addicted to anything made of fur. Unless it's sheep (see above)

I was a December bride. I love snow.

I love the smell of Play-Do.

I hate shopping.

I sing when I'm drunk. A lot. Really loudly.

Waking up with mystery glitter. Win.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds