Crashdiet

Do you believe in....Love :/

More
8 years 1 month ago #132229 by Jesse James
Replied by Jesse James on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
I don't really believe in the whole love thing, maybe I'm just a bitter person but to me love isn't that magical, it's just a series of chemical changes in the brain.
I do believe in loyalty, caring and attraction though. so thats a start, ha.

A Crashdietian from Australia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132255 by dsv218
Replied by dsv218 on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
*Cue the chorus of The Darkness' "I Believe in a Thing Called Love"*

Well at the end of the day, 'love' is just a word, and words can only limit the way you feel about someone or something.

• winwin1009
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • Resident Cynic..
More
8 years 1 month ago #132257 by winwin1009
Replied by winwin1009 on topic Do you believe in....Love :/

Jesse James wrote: I don't really believe in the whole love thing, maybe I'm just a bitter person but to me love isn't that magical, it's just a series of chemical changes in the brain.
I do believe in loyalty, caring and attraction though. so thats a start, ha.

I totally agree with this especially when I'm in a cynical mood! I'd add respect and personal space to that list as well...for me those are most important! :)
I guess it's 'cause of these hormones that I can't help being attracted to many people at once... ;)

And if you feel that you can't go on. And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe and you can't go wrong.
In the light you will find the road.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132273 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Do you believe in....Love :/

Miss Obscene wrote: Personally I think some people come into your life when you need em the most. That goes for all people, including friends. When you've learned what you need to learn from them, then you lose interest and contact with them. It doesn't mean that the friend or relationship was completely useless. It just means that you can't develope together anymore and that you need to move on. Some people need each other their whole lives and stay together until they die. And that is beautiful, but not something I think we all should aim for. Just enjoy the time you have with one another and be prepared to let that person go if the time comes.

I agree with this very much. Although I always wished people wouldn't find it so easy to let go of others... I valued loyality always very much, and I always thought that even if you have to let some people go you once needed so bad the knowledge of beeing there for each otherif something realy bad happens should still be there. Of course you might be closer to others then, but just that feeling of a back up.. I don't find thatcontradictive to letting go at all.

As for the question: I've seen people sticking together their whole live and loving each other as long as they were alive. I've also seen people changing realtionshipf a few times in their life, and I think it depends on how you live. If you change alot its harder to stick with one person than if you don't and one person may go through a bigger development than another one.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

• gothMINd
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
8 years 1 month ago #132276 by gothMINd
Replied by gothMINd on topic Do you believe in....Love :/

mrs v. viper wrote: Although I always wished people wouldn't find it so easy to let go of others... I valued loyality always very much, and I always thought that even if you have to let some people go you once needed so bad the knowledge of beeing there for each otherif something realy bad happens should still be there. Of course you might be closer to others then, but just that feeling of a back up.. I don't find thatcontradictive to letting go at all.

This is what i meant, people always let go so fucked up, like they say they'll always be there for you, and never leave you, (and i mean leave as in be by your side) and then when you'r feeling bad and maybe going thru something terrible, there always leaving

most importantly they leave if you make a mistake, and they say "bye" and leave so fucking cold...like it doesn't bother them you might not see them again...
if you truely love someone i believe loyalty is a must, even thru the darkest time....its hard to leave someone if you truly love them, even if your hurt or not

(and this is for friendship and relationship)

loyalty is like the most important thing when you care for someone...imo

• Psychobunny
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • The One and Only
More
8 years 1 month ago #132312 by Psychobunny
Replied by Psychobunny on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
I pretty much agree aobout the loyalty. I'm not a romantic person at all and I don't love quickly or easily. But when I do I love fiercly. That doesn't mean clingy - I hate nothing more than that as I do need my freedom as well. But I'm fiercly protective of people I love, be it family, friends (true friends) or lovers and I go through hell and back for them if need be. They do the same for me. Some of them already have.

What's equally important is respect. I won't chage for anybody - I am what I am and you either accept it or not. I would never think of trying to change anybody to my liking. I either like people the way they are or I don't. And I'm not going to be treated like a 2nd in a relationship. We're either equal or we're done for. As I said I'm not naturally a very nice person and not easy to handle but I do believe in love in a way :lol:

I am what I am - go live with it

• Miss Obscene
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • CAROLINE
More
8 years 1 month ago #132313 by Miss Obscene
Replied by Miss Obscene on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
Yeah exactly, everyone is different. And some people just moves on from relationships faster than others.

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
8 years 1 month ago #132319 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic Do you believe in....Love :/

Psychobunny wrote: I pretty much agree aobout the loyalty. I'm not a romantic person at all and I don't love quickly or easily. But when I do I love fiercly. That doesn't mean clingy - I hate nothing more than that as I do need my freedom as well. But I'm fiercly protective of people I love, be it family, friends (true friends) or lovers and I go through hell and back for them if need be. They do the same for me. Some of them already have.

What's equally important is respect. I won't chage for anybody - I am what I am and you either accept it or not. I would never think of trying to change anybody to my liking. I either like people the way they are or I don't. And I'm not going to be treated like a 2nd in a relationship. We're either equal or we're done for. As I said I'm not naturally a very nice person and not easy to handle but I do believe in love in a way :lol:

That pretty much tells what I'm thinking as well so thanks for the nice and comprehensive explanation :). It's all about trust, loyalty, respect and being for that person if needed.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132324 by FailingBreath
Replied by FailingBreath on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
I have to say that in general I do believe in love and I've loved someone very much for quite some time.. But I have also experianced how it feels when two people just grow apart from each other.. This is not about not caring about the other one anymore but when feelings change you just have to think about wether this is still a relationship or a friendship.. In the case i have experianced I can say that I still love my exboyfriend in a friendly way because we've grown up together, we still know each other very well and we still try to talk every now and then..
But I also agree to Missy very much that sometimes you need to let go of people (in the romantic way at least) and that you should be able to go on with your life and maybe fall in love with somebody new.. This is the way life goes.. And maybe it has to be this way until you find someone you really stay with forever..
About saying "I'll love you forever" I also think that people say it because that's what they feel at that very moment.. And if you feel like that it's natural to speak it out..You never know where the future takes you and so why not believe in what you feel at that moment? I actually always had problems with making any serious plans because I was always a bit doubtful about the future.. I guess thats just the way I am but some people are a lot more optimistic.. Which in my opinion is a good thing though..

About loyalty after a breakup I agree with Viper that you should try to never let go of people completely.. if you cared about someone a lot at one point in your life then you should always try to be there when they really need you.. BUT I also think that sometimes you have to consider how much you can take.. You have to see how you deal with the situation and if you can deal with it at all.. If you can't you shouldn't hurt yourself too much..

~we're all victims of something, if only of the fact that we're alive~

• winwin1009
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • Resident Cynic..
More
8 years 1 month ago #132331 by winwin1009

Psychobunny wrote: I pretty much agree aobout the loyalty. I'm not a romantic person at all and I don't love quickly or easily. But when I do I love fiercly. That doesn't mean clingy - I hate nothing more than that as I do need my freedom as well. But I'm fiercly protective of people I love, be it family, friends (true friends) or lovers and I go through hell and back for them if need be. They do the same for me. Some of them already have.

Wow!! This is exactly my attitude towards love....I was kind of hinting at it in my previous posts but I'm not very open about discussing my feelings to put them to proper words....Thank you so much for your awesome post! :lol:

More
8 years 1 month ago #132332 by Tazzy
Replied by Tazzy on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
i believe that love is out there somewhere, but i suppose it takes a hell of a lot of time to find the right person. but i do agree that loyalty and respect and all those other things are all important aspects of a good relationship, and with out them, you really just have nothing. But then again, what the hell would i know, im only 15 and i have never been in a relationship before :lol: so im just gonna shut up now... :lol:

“Each and every one of us has a fire that burns inside us and they can try like hell to put out that flame, but as long as in our minds we know who we are meant to be, they don’t stand a chance."

• winwin1009
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • Resident Cynic..
More
8 years 1 month ago #132334 by winwin1009
@ tazzy: just 'cause you're 15 doesn't mean that you can have any idea or opinion about love.... :)

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds