Do you believe in....Love :/

• gothMINd
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
8 years 1 month ago #132114 by gothMINd
Do you believe in....Love :/ was created by gothMINd
just wondering what you guys think..i know most of you are in relationships or something
its interesting to see other people's views on this..

For me, i think i'm unsure right now...like you pour so much into someone and they dont seem to care..i've witness alot and seen alot.... but i feel love is so temporarily as people always go away leaving you behind

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
8 years 1 month ago #132125 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
Well I am happy and still in love since I ve met my girlfriend. We know each other for 2 n a half years now and I hadnt had a girl before her so yeah I believe in love, why shouldnt I?

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

• Miss Obscene
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • CAROLINE
More
8 years 1 month ago #132126 by Miss Obscene
Replied by Miss Obscene on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
I've never really understood this question to be honest...."do you believe in love?"....
Isn't it pretty obvious that love exists? You can love you friends, your family, your pets. And since so many people do fall in love and spend their lives together there must be some thing called love.

Maybe this question is meant to be interpreted in another way, but I don't get it then...

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
8 years 1 month ago #132128 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
yea exactly love doesnt always means having a realtionship. As you said you can love friends, families, stuff almost everything

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

• winwin1009
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • Resident Cynic..
More
8 years 1 month ago #132132 by winwin1009
Replied by winwin1009 on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
I can't answer this question as I agree with Miss Obscene and fizzy....Maybe you should rephrase it to 'do you believe in love and relationships' or something...:/

And if you feel that you can't go on. And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe and you can't go wrong.
In the light you will find the road.

• Riot_Queen
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • CRÜELTY
More
8 years 1 month ago #132136 by Riot_Queen
Replied by Riot_Queen on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
Well,I think this question SHOULD be interpreted in more than just one way.
If I interpret it like Miss Obscene,I totally agree on what she and fizzy said.If I interpret it the other way,well then...
I can't really answer.It's a damn hard question! :S

You gotta love it 'cuz it feels so right,I gotta have it 'cuz I'm hot all through the night!

• gothMINd
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
8 years 1 month ago #132141 by gothMINd
Replied by gothMINd on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
if you understand my first post you'd know its about relationships...loving your parents is different from loving your partner... also how can you say if alot of people fall in love, then love exits? really...do you honestly believe that? so everyone that believes in god...i guess there must be a god to right?

i just think love kills...sometimes you wonder if its worth all the pain

im not against it, im just think about it...

• Miss Obscene
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • CAROLINE
More
8 years 1 month ago #132142 by Miss Obscene
Wow... hello optimist :lol:;)

Of course there is an obvious difference between loving your partner and loving your parents. But love can't always be from two sides. Sometimes you're the only one who's in love, and the other person ain't interested. And that's painful as hell. I've been through it myself and sometimes I've doubted if it's worth it. But for some reason we always tend to fall for someone new, no matter if we like it or not. And then the carousel is up and running again. So I don't think you can get away from the fact that love will always be a big part of your life.

So I'm guessing your question is "does love exist in the form of two people finding each other and live happy together forever and ever?"
Personally I think some people come into your life when you need em the most. That goes for all people, including friends. When you've learned what you need to learn from them, then you lose interest and contact with them. It doesn't mean that the friend or relationship was completely useless. It just means that you can't develope together anymore and that you need to move on. Some people need each other their whole lives and stay together until they die. And that is beautiful, but not something I think we all should aim for. Just enjoy the time you have with one another and be prepared to let that person go if the time comes.

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

• gothMINd
  • Topic Author
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
8 years 1 month ago #132145 by gothMINd
Replied by gothMINd on topic Do you believe in....Love :/
i totally knew that..and ofc you cant live without love, but i hate the part you said...two people grow apart, yeah it can be true...but its sucks hard when its one person seems to want to go there way, becuz the other feels to lost and alone....And thats what i meant "does love really exist"?

becuz you say stuff like "i'll love you forever" and "you'll always be mine"... when in the end you become total strangers....never speaking again or seeing each other..... so thats love to most people? Oo

then you go on to tell someone else you love them...the same way you said it to your previous love

• winwin1009
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • Resident Cynic..
More
8 years 1 month ago #132146 by winwin1009

gothMINd wrote: i totally knew that..and ofc you cant live without love, but i hate the part you said...two people grow apart, yeah it can be true...but its sucks hard when its one person seems to want to go there way, becuz the other feels to lost and alone....And thats what i meant "does love really exist"?

becuz you say stuff like "i'll love you forever" and "you'll always be mine"... when in the end you become total strangers....never speaking again or seeing each other..... so thats love to most people? Oo

then you go on to tell someone else you love them...the same way you said it to your previous love

Well I've never actually been in a relationship to comment on anything but I agree with Miss Obscene that one-sided affection is very painful...

• Miss Obscene
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • CAROLINE
More
8 years 1 month ago #132147 by Miss Obscene
I think you tell people that because that's how you really feel at that time. You don't lie to them. But no one knows what the future is gonna hold, and so of course you shouldn't take those words too seriously even though they have a very strong meaning.

People will grow apart no matter if you like it or not and you can allow yourself to be bummed about it for some time, but after a while you just got to move on.

And about that last part...
So just because I've loved someone before, I can't love someone else just as strongly? That seems kinda unfair don't you think? It's not fun for the ex-partner. It never is. But that's life. We find ways to deal with it and we start looking at everything else we have instead, and appreciate it much more.

• winwin1009
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • Resident Cynic..
More
8 years 1 month ago #132150 by winwin1009
@ Miss obscene: I agree with majority of what you say....
I think I'm one of the worse persons to ask about love and associated emotions as I tend to have a very cynical out-look towards it....I can't understand it when people who always seem to fall over each other one day, break-up their relationship the next especially as they always keep on saying how much they love each other and all the forever and always shit...

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds