• Melody..Marvelous
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • Melody Moonchild
More
8 years 9 months ago #122179 by Melody..Marvelous
Replied by Melody..Marvelous on topic The Book Thread

Miss Obscene wrote:

Melody..Marvelous wrote: It's the story about Pamela des Barres, the world's most famous groupie, in wich she tells you about all the love-issues she's had, and pretty much her whole life with the rockstars.. Mick Jagger is a perfect example of someone she used to fuck. ;)

Well I love a good rock book so I'll write this one down on my wish list ;)

You do that, it's great. :)

Ever since I've been eight or nine I've been standing on the shoreline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sheila
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • grevling
More
8 years 9 months ago #122280 by Sheila
Replied by Sheila on topic The Book Thread
Check out the Last Living Slut by Roxana Shirazi too. I think thats the same kind of books (even though I haven't read Pamela des Barres). The Last Living Slut is about a iran slut that moves to England when she's pretty young, so the first part of the book is about her childhood and the moving. The other part is about all the bands she fuck. I think I've mentioned it earlier in the thread. The introduction in the books says that it makes Pamela des Barres' book sound like a nun's diary.

• Miss Obscene
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • CAROLINE
More
8 years 9 months ago #122285 by Miss Obscene
Replied by Miss Obscene on topic The Book Thread

Sheila wrote: Check out the Last Living Slut by Roxana Shirazi too. I think thats the same kind of books (even though I haven't read Pamela des Barres). The Last Living Slut is about a iran slut that moves to England when she's pretty young, so the first part of the book is about her childhood and the moving. The other part is about all the bands she fuck. I think I've mentioned it earlier in the thread. The introduction in the books says that it makes Pamela des Barres' book sound like a nun's diary.

When Crash was in England they were interviewed by some woman who, as I understood it, was a groupie and is basically hated in England. Is this the same person perhaps?

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

• Sheila
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • grevling
More
8 years 9 months ago #122287 by Sheila

Miss Obscene wrote:

Sheila wrote: Check out the Last Living Slut by Roxana Shirazi too. I think thats the same kind of books (even though I haven't read Pamela des Barres). The Last Living Slut is about a iran slut that moves to England when she's pretty young, so the first part of the book is about her childhood and the moving. The other part is about all the bands she fuck. I think I've mentioned it earlier in the thread. The introduction in the books says that it makes Pamela des Barres' book sound like a nun's diary.

When Crash was in England they were interviewed by some woman who, as I understood it, was a groupie and is basically hated in England. Is this the same person perhaps?

Yeah, I think so.
if it's this interview you're talking about.

• Miss Obscene
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • CAROLINE
More
8 years 9 months ago #122288 by Miss Obscene

Sheila wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote:

Yeah, I think so.

Yeah that's her
I heard something about an abortion.. or something... don't remember exactly what she had done

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

• Sheila
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • grevling
More
8 years 9 months ago #122289 by Sheila

Miss Obscene wrote:

Sheila wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote: When Crash was in England they were interviewed by some woman who, as I understood it, was a groupie and is basically hated in England. Is this the same person perhaps?

Yeah, I think so.

Yeah that's her
I heard something about an abortion.. or something... don't remember exactly what she had done

Yeah, she got pregnant with Dizzy Reed. Then he got angry at her or something because of that. And then she fucked another guy the same day, or maybe it was the day after the abortion.

• XiLaii
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • The Strange
More
8 years 9 months ago #122290 by XiLaii
Replied by XiLaii on topic The Book Thread

Miss Obscene wrote: Yeah that's her

I have no idea who she is at all, but Peter looks so disinterested and unamused by her. :|

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

• Miss Obscene
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • CAROLINE
More
8 years 9 months ago #122291 by Miss Obscene

Sheila wrote: Yeah, she got pregnant with Dizzy Reed. Then he got angry at her or something because of that. And then she fucked another guy the same day, or maybe it was the day after the abortion.

Oh right! Now I remember, she had jumped in bed with someone the day after her abortion. Insane.
I'll put this book down on my wish list too.

XiLaii wrote: I have no idea who she is at all, but Peter looks so disinterested and unamused by her. :neutral:l

I don't think any of the guys looks particularly enthustiatic :P

EDIT: Sorry Sheila, I fucked up the quotes :P your answer is up there

• izzie
  • Topic Author
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
8 years 9 months ago #122322 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic The Book Thread

XiLaii wrote:

izzie wrote: Yeah, many times :p

aha okay then XD That was just the first thing I thought of when I read your post.
Why such the interest in books of that thread, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Well I don't know really actually, I have always liked to find out about peoples thoughts that thinks very... different from the usual pattern or something, I guess thats mostly why. I simply like the genre. Haven't got a better explanation :p

• XiLaii
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • The Strange
More
8 years 9 months ago #122325 by XiLaii
Replied by XiLaii on topic The Book Thread

izzie wrote: Well I don't know really actually, I have always liked to find out about peoples thoughts that thinks very... different from the usual pattern or something, I guess thats mostly why. I simply like the genre. Haven't got a better explanation :p

That's fair enough. I just figured I'd ask because It's not something I often hear cropping up in book-related conversations.

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

• izzie
  • Topic Author
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
8 years 9 months ago #122326 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic The Book Thread

XiLaii wrote:

izzie wrote: Well I don't know really actually, I have always liked to find out about peoples thoughts that thinks very... different from the usual pattern or something, I guess thats mostly why. I simply like the genre. Haven't got a better explanation :p

That's fair enough. I just figured I'd ask because It's not something I often hear cropping up in book-related conversations.

Yeah I would wish that I had a better explanation for it, haha. I like to read older books, I really prefer that before todays commercial crap like Twilight or something (we discussed that for two hours in Swedish class today, I couldn't belive it haha).

Yeah but reading is clearly underestimated by a lot of people today. I enjoy that so much more than watching a movie, which I actually rarely do.

More
8 years 9 months ago #122328 by Sylvia
Replied by Sylvia on topic The Book Thread

axl whïte wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: I'm reading Robert Ludlums "The Bourne Ultimatum" now

They're fucking awesome!

I agree!

"Grab life by the balls and shake them!!"
"There's nothing like a word of love from Sylvia..."

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds