Crashdiet

Singing Advice

More
9 years 5 months ago #96559 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Singing Advice
^there's only one skid row for me and it includes bach :lol:

yeah it is not easy. but then again... I'm not trying to sing like him, you know... that is impossible. That man just has a voice... it's unbelievable. It's my goal to sing good songs good. and i just love to sing those songs, they seem to fit me. and if you only take the songs and leave out bachs amazing technique it's not THAT hard ... i think.

I'll see that i will finally record something soon and upload it here...

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
9 years 5 months ago #96564 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic Singing Advice
okay cool

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
9 years 5 months ago #96574 by julius leopard
Replied by julius leopard on topic Singing Advice
I probably record something for my band because we haven't got a singer...

I like singing but my girlfriend (the drummer of my band) says I'm too tuneless...

I know and I think I've got a bad voice too...

But maybe I have to find my own style and learn some technique... Who knows? :lol:

More
9 years 3 months ago #99938 by kalypso
Replied by kalypso on topic Singing Advice
I'd say the best mix is singing with your heart and not your head but having absorped a vocal technique (of what style ever!) that helps your vocal chords doing fine with whatever you wanna do with them :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #100790 by mrs v. viper
oookay, This is Sandy, my boyfriend and me playing Knockin on heavens door. We only chose this song because it's the only song all of us kne well enough :rolleyes: :lol: and the recording quality is really poor (only a laptop in the middle :lol: ) but it was only for fun so what the hell.

This nowhere close to where i want to go, I didn't even hit the notes at times because I "concentrated" on the feeling. my boyfrind gave it a 8-9 on a 1 to 10 skala, but he has no clue and I personally think it's more a 2^^

Anyway, constructive critism on my singing is heartly welcome and would really Help me :)

(god now I feel somehow.. naked? :rolleyes: )
##text##

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

• Sandy Sikk
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
9 years 2 months ago #100792 by Sandy Sikk
Replied by Sandy Sikk on topic Singing Advice
^ jeeeeesus. this was funny xD
you and your ideas. actually I'd never have done something like that now.. some time in the future maybe :lol: :P

you're north of heaven
maybe somewhere west of hell

• axl whïte
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
9 years 2 months ago #100794 by axl whïte
Replied by axl whïte on topic Singing Advice
heheh, the pronounciation or whatever you call it, maybe? :)

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #100795 by mrs v. viper

AxL Whïte wrote: heheh, the pronounciation or whatever you call it, maybe? :)

we talked about that :) I know and I work on that.

• axl whïte
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
9 years 2 months ago #100798 by axl whïte

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

Don't worry, I need to do it too...

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

• axl whïte
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
More
9 years 2 months ago #100799 by axl whïte

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

Don't worry, I need to do it too...

More
9 years 2 months ago #100833 by mrs v. viper
no more comments? :|

More
9 years 1 month ago #101230 by Anna Gable
Replied by Anna Gable on topic Singing Advice
I sing very much and as a female, the problem most often is that when we get higher in the register, we sound too "sweet". There are three different techniques to "cure" that; belting, curbing and overdrive. All are pure techniques. Don't try to do some face, it all happens on the inside, between the vocal chords and the mouth.

Belting: mostly used in rock. "twang" down the lid over the throat, to protect the vocal chords, and give more air preassure. Imagine you want to sound like a crying baby, a race car shifting up or a siren. the best vowel to practis on is ae / ä. This is a lot louder than :neutral:l singing. Vince Niel of Mötley Crüe is a belting expert, so is Tina Turner. If you twang too much you'll end up growling, and you don't want that in glam, but maybe in glam-punk, just be careful that's border techniques.

Curbing: mostly used in pop. Sound like you're very very sad, complaining, and have like a "stop" in your throat, like you're going to throw up any second. If you don't use your stomach muscles all the way you'll find yourself yodeling, and that's not what you want, so keep a firm support from the muscles around your waist all the way through. When you breath, you migh hear like a sigh, from the left over air, that's not wrong. Best ractised on oooh / åååh so sad, so sad. This is a bit louder than :neutral:l singing. Listen to "Gotten" on Slash's new album, that's perfect curbing all the way. Swedish singer Lisa Nilsson is also very good at this. If you let go in the middle of a curbing part, you'll end up singing "Zombie" from The Cranberries (which actually is a half yodle, lol).

Overdrive: mused in both pop and rock, often beween belting and curbing. This is the "football choir", feel like you're going to take a huge bite, like from an enormous apple, then sing with full air flow. Be careful not to take this to very high notes, it must never hurt to do it. Best practised with an english football supporter, lol, no not really. Listen to Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" the part "oooo-oooo-ooo caught in a bad romance" - that's really good overdrive sining. I don't know any full song performed in overdrive, part from the Engish football (if you're american you might want to call it soccer) supporters, but I guess you know what I mean now. This is also very much louder than :neutral:l voice.

All these three are ways to use the upper register, but still sound like you're using the breast-tones. The best way to say that you got it is to record yourself and listen. Also, be careful not to be nasal, pinch your nose and sing the song again, and the only sounds allowed to get stuck in the nose is n, m and ng, nothing else. Hope this was some help!

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The...

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds