Crashdiet

On Your Mind

More
5 years 6 months ago #160595 by MissHurricane
MissHurricane replied the topic: On Your Mind

NightFalling wrote: Doesn´t sound nice :( What happened?

Long story short - Andy (frontman) was mean asshole, literally making fun of me (and probably of many other fans too as I could see). Stupid comments, nasty grin, I was in such a shock I was leaving the room almost crying. This is not how I imagine meet and greet for which I paid 60 EUR. I'm perfectly aware of the fact they must be tired as hell but the rest of the band was not like that. I would never ever expected this especially from Andy, I can't even express how sad and disappointed I was and still am...

mrs v. viper wrote: I agree aswell! I'm sorry for still letting you guys on the forum and my fave band down, but seriously, I'm starting to be the happiest I've ever been in my life. I'm in such a happy state, and this time it's not because someone else makes me happy but because I make myself happy, it's so good! don't ever ask of you're allowed to, make things up to yourself! I love you all!

Sounds great! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #160598 by NightFalling
NightFalling replied the topic: On Your Mind

MissHurricane wrote: Long story short - Andy (frontman) was mean asshole, literally making fun of me (and probably of many other fans too as I could see). Stupid comments, nasty grin, I was in such a shock I was leaving the room almost crying. This is not how I imagine meet and greet for which I paid 60 EUR. I'm perfectly aware of the fact they must be tired as hell but the rest of the band was not like that. I would never ever expected this especially from Andy, I can't even express how sad and disappointed I was and still am...

*Hug* I don´t know what to say... I´m shocked. You paid for it, so I would expect them to be nice. I can imagine that it could be of course difficult sometimes, when they´re wasted from touring. That´s not something I would call a good fanservice! In my opinion that´s how to disappoint fans and make them run away.

Musik är mitt liv, det är bara så

Crashdiet Streetteam Germany

More
5 years 6 months ago #160599 by MissHurricane

NightFalling wrote: In my opinion that´s how to disappoint fans and make them run away.

Exactly. Paid for it and drove 550 km to see them. I didn't even go to their merch booth, I bought records and stuff from support bands instead. I put their last album on my playlist this morning but then I was just like "Fuck, I don't want to hear it, I don't believe this guy anymore." All those lyrics just seem to be fake now. I think I'm done with them...

More
5 years 6 months ago #160600 by Jules
Jules replied the topic: On Your Mind

MissHurricane wrote:

NightFalling wrote: In my opinion that´s how to disappoint fans and make them run away.

Exactly. Paid for it and drove 550 km to see them. I didn't even go to their merch booth, I bought records and stuff from support bands instead. I put their last album on my playlist this morning but then I was just like "Fuck, I don't want to hear it, I don't believe this guy anymore." All those lyrics just seem to be fake now. I think I'm done with them...

I was in cologne and didn't even have a m&g but felt like that after the concert, too! Espacialy Andy seemed like.. "Oh I can tell and do what ever I want, you stupid fans will be happy anyway" and besides that the concert itself wasn't that good, too. The sound was terrible and most of the time Ashley sung (not bad but not his part)

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #160601 by MissHurricane

Jules wrote: I was in cologne and didn't even have a m&g but felt like that after the concert, too! Espacialy Andy seemed like.. "Oh I can tell and do what ever I want, you stupid fans will be happy anyway" and besides that the concert itself wasn't that good, too. The sound was terrible and most of the time Ashley sung (not bad but not his part)

I'm sad to hear that but not surprised at all. I wasn't such a good girl when he started with that bullshit, especially because I was just talking about CRASHDÏET with Ashley who noticed my t-shirt and asked about them. I completely skipped him, just grabbed my (already signed) record, snapped something back to him in the middle of his bitching (that face expression in the moment was priceless) and walked away. Asshole.

The show itself was good, sound was OK, even though it's true that crowd was louder than Andy many times, hah... and CC's drum solo was SICK! ;)
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by MissHurricane.

More
5 years 6 months ago #160602 by NightFalling
NightFalling replied the topic: On Your Mind
I´m going crazy with this damn bachelor thesis :/

Musik är mitt liv, det är bara så

Crashdiet Streetteam Germany

More
5 years 6 months ago #160605 by Hertsi88
Hertsi88 replied the topic: On Your Mind
I had good long conversation with my dad and brother, i hope that my brother who has gone rough time will find now a better way to live.

More
5 years 6 months ago #160606 by vilatichoslapka
vilatichoslapka replied the topic: On Your Mind
Bake Christmas cookies. Very strenuous work. :-)

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #160607 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: On Your Mind

MissHurricane wrote:

NightFalling wrote: Doesn´t sound nice :( What happened?

Long story short - Andy (frontman) was mean asshole, literally making fun of me (and probably of many other fans too as I could see). Stupid comments, nasty grin, I was in such a shock I was leaving the room almost crying. This is not how I imagine meet and greet for which I paid 60 EUR. I'm perfectly aware of the fact they must be tired as hell but the rest of the band was not like that. I would never ever expected this especially from Andy, I can't even express how sad and disappointed I was and still am...

Andy is an arrogant cunt. fullstop. The fact that he SOMETIMES has things to say that are not totally stupid doesn't change that fact, seriously if you smell "massive fucking arsehole" from your interviews alone you do something that you shouldn't do to fans. I read this blog lately from the Motionless in White Singer that deals exactly with how people jump on that "message" train because it sells. BVB might be right with what they say but how genuine they mean it is a whole different story... after listening to the last album I have to say i don't even hate their music anymore, but what has allways thrown me off about them is that all-american-cunt-pretending to be nice bahviour they display... I'm really sorry you had to go through that dissappointment, I dunno what the fuck is wrong with this world right now that this generation doesn't even get to keep their idols anymore.

From all the somewhat succesful bands I have met crashdiet still gets the ultimate kindness brownie points.

I really recommend reading this:
www.rocksound.tv/m/news/article/chris-mo...-career-on-the-playg

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by mrs v. viper.

More
5 years 6 months ago #160611 by MissHurricane
Anna, you're probably 100% right, it's simply too hard to see through all the bullshit on the internet today... Everything I've ever read about them (and especially Andy) on personal level was always VERY positive (f.e. parent's reports about signing on Warped Tour) and since I don't have neither time or energy to verify every damn article or statement, I've never tried to find out whether it is true or not. I bought the VIP ticket 'cause I love their last record and I thought it might be nice to talk to them about different things than they're probably used to hear most of the time (not even speaking about the fact that my fangirling years and bands are gone for a looooooong time already, haha). But sure, what you see on the internet every day is gonna affect you so I wasn't prepared for this kind of behaviour at all.
In their defense I have to say that not all of them were like him, CC and Jake were actually very, very nice and kind to me, I couldn't feel anything fake when talking to them. Ashley was trying at least to show some interest even though he looked tired like a zombie (and I was initially very sceptical about him), but Andy... what the fuck, he could spat in my face right away and it wouldn't be much worse. He really is an arrogant cunt. That's pretty much it.
I've read the article, it's good and damn true. Give that man a golden medal someone, hah... I don't pay such an attention to this kind of bands besides BVB and Bring Me The Horizon but now when I think about it I have to admit this is a quite disgusting trend.
But whatever... I was nice to those who were nice to me and I don't give a single royal flying fuck about the rest anymore.

NightFalling wrote: I´m going crazy with this damn bachelor thesis

You're not alone, haha. But I think this is quite normal. Calm down, we're gonna make it, there are worse things to deal with :)

More
5 years 6 months ago #160612 by Miss_Z
Miss_Z replied the topic: On Your Mind
Oh no, what a shame for this experience! :( sorry to hear. So many problems when this occurs; musicians are creative people and perhaps for this even more prone to having 'off' days like every other human being. But that said, those boys have a very nice job compared to many other youngsters their age, so they should be grateful for fans who pay their hard-earned money to see them.
Sigh! very difficult situation. personally i think fast paced industries like entertainment just drain the people who are living within it, and i hope that BVB are a band who can give themselves time out when needed before they burn out.
Have to say when i saw them earlier this year after show they did look very tired. Chatted to CC and he was a really lovely person.

Dont let this one experience put you off, hun. I hope you never go through it again <3 <3

More
5 years 6 months ago #160614 by MissHurricane
Well, I don't really feel like meddling in this anymore but yeah, I'm aware of that. It was exactly what I was thinking when I first saw them with that partially bored, partially annoyed expression on their faces - they were travelling so much this year, VWT is a fucking huge and exhausting thing, Andy was hospitalized only few weeks ago during their canadian tour... I was like "hey, they are probably just tired". But nobody who cares about their fans behaves like bitchy idiot. I wouldn't say a thing if I met them on the parking lot, trying to talk them into taking a picture with me or whatever, but the meet and greet was offered to us by the band. I mean - if they don't want to do it, they should not do it at all. Saying "hi" and giving a simple smile don't even cost so much energy like making fun of someone, hah.
Time out would be great for them, at least to pull themselves together in order to not disappoint more fans.
Agreed about CC, he was definitely the most genuine and relaxed person around. He was the only one who showed up after the gig to give away few more drumsticks and to chat with the last fans (before the security guy kicked us out, haha).

Thank you, it's quite better now ;) I have some more favourite bands after all, I can live without BVB.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.606 seconds