More
5 years 8 months ago #160190 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: On Your Mind

Sandy Sikk wrote:

MissHurricane wrote: I'm sick again... damn :(

me too :/
I hope you feel better soon :)

Well, Then there is three of us.
However I kinda like being sick, I can skip school. But My nose is a fucking snot factory, my lips are cracked and I'm tired 24/7.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #160192 by Sandy Sikk
Sandy Sikk replied the topic: On Your Mind

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: However I kinda like being sick, I can skip school.

yeah I also like that part of being sick haha. but I was sick so often lately that my teachers all want to talk to me about what's wrong and that I shouldn't skip school that often :P (still, I have the best grades in my class so they can go fuck themselves)

you're north of heaven
maybe somewhere west of hell

More
5 years 8 months ago #160193 by laj91
laj91 replied the topic: On Your Mind
Get well soon :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #160194 by vilatichoslapka
vilatichoslapka replied the topic: On Your Mind

MissHurricane wrote: I'm sick again... damn :(

I'm sick for five weeks. :( ...still not feeling well. :(

More
5 years 8 months ago #160195 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: On Your Mind
Whats up with everyone being sick? Get well, everyone!

Everybodys sick here too. My mother and brother are both sick, and i'm sneezing like hell xD and i'm trying to get off from work at saturday, but people there are apparently sick there too xD

More
5 years 8 months ago #160198 by Sandy Sikk
^ I guess it's just that time of the year again haha
I got better btw :) let's just hope it won't get worse again the next few days, because the weather will stay exactly the same as it is right now :S

on my mind: I love that my mom is listening to the same music as I do. she obviously has a good taste in music ;)

you're north of heaven

More
5 years 8 months ago #160199 by MissHurricane
MissHurricane replied the topic: On Your Mind
It's being a damn rough week, we are in delay with the current issue of our magazine and on top of that we have no money for paying the printing. I'm stressed and frustrated, I simply don't understand how is it even possible that the best photo magazine in whole country has almost no support amongst advertisers. I don't want to lose my job, damn!

Sandy Sikk wrote: I got better btw

Glad that you feel better, Sandy, I didn't even have time to wish you fast recovery - and to the others too, of course.

More
5 years 8 months ago #160205 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: On Your Mind

MissHurricane wrote: It's being a damn rough week, we are in delay with the current issue of our magazine and on top of that we have no money for paying the printing. I'm stressed and frustrated, I simply don't understand how is it even possible that the best photo magazine in whole country has almost no support amongst advertisers. I don't want to lose my job, damn!

seems like the fate of many print media depnedent people :( It's so sad, all I want really is working in print and everytime I even dare to mention it people go "yeah, good luck with that..." and my head is one of those people!!

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #160207 by MissHurricane
MissHurricane replied the topic: On Your Mind

mrs v. viper wrote: seems like the fate of many print media depnedent people It's so sad, all I want really is working in print and everytime I even dare to mention it people go "yeah, good luck with that..." and my head is one of those people!!

I'm actually not surprised at all. I'm a student of journalism (graduating next semester) and I curse myself for this choice every single day. The truth is that it only allowed me to see how fucked up the whole situation with (not only printed) media is today, nothing more.

You can pretty much see how it goes in story of our magazine. We used to be the second best selling photo focused medium on czech market, then we were bought by the publishing house of our biggest rival and guess what... Yes, they only did it to shut us down, to destroy the competitor. We were not allowed to keep our own name, not speaking about subscribers - which means we are screwed. Now we belong to one rich enthusiast for photography and he supports us even though the magazine is losing almost 11 000 EUR on each damn issue. The result is that I get paid like 120 EUR for job which is actually worth more than 400 EUR and I am even grateful for that 'cause there are people (academics, professors and biggest authorities of contemporary czech photography) who get zero for their great articles they send us every month. Everything because of the fact that big companies like Canon, Nikon and Sony or even photographic institutions like Leica Gallery put their advertisement rather to the fucking half-tabloid magazine which contains columns called "Click" or "Auntie's Elie's tips"... 'cause it has 5 000 more subscribers than we have. Damn, every time I talk about this to someone I just feel like I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

But hey, you are talented and quite versatile graphic artist as I could already see and people like this never get lost! ;) You just have to make as many contacts as you can now and you're gonna be OK.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by MissHurricane.

More
5 years 8 months ago #160214 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: On Your Mind
Final Business Plan was uploaded yesterday...today we went again to the Start-up school and they seem really be interested in supporting us with our idea which is actually really great.
Now I have to focus on all the other assignments..../sigh

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

More
5 years 8 months ago #160217 by Livingdead4life
Livingdead4life replied the topic: On Your Mind
Shit loads of stuff at work, My mind is full och eletrical drawings and what you might call mumbo jumbo xD

Hope every one is ok, seems like a few is sick. Get well every one!

It´s hard to light a candle, its easy to curse the dark instead!

More
5 years 8 months ago #160227 by Sandy Sikk
I'm listening to Hardcore Superstar's old stuff. somehow it makes me feel kinda nostalgic..

you're north of heaven

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.611 seconds