Crashdiet

On Your Mind

More
5 years 9 months ago #158224 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: On Your Mind
I have to wear a uniform, but I can have my hair as I want to. Sometimes I sneak in a bracelet or a wristband with studs or a band on, though xD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #158229 by riKki reKkless
riKki reKkless replied the topic: On Your Mind
Get a lot of comments on my green hair as well. Especially older people, but it‘s weird that most of the people actually dig it.

More
5 years 9 months ago #158230 by Livingdead4life
Livingdead4life replied the topic: On Your Mind
Haha, how rebelius of you! :lol:

It´s hard to light a candle, its easy to curse the dark instead!

More
5 years 9 months ago #158232 by London J?ck
London J?ck replied the topic: On Your Mind
I know what it is, Older people look at me with that face: "When you're my age, young, you will want to have black hair." HAHAHAH '

More
5 years 9 months ago #158237 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: On Your Mind
Music in its "regular" form does not seem to do anything with me anymore, like it did before. That's a rather sad insight, actually.

More
5 years 9 months ago #158238 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: On Your Mind

izzie wrote: Music in its "regular" form does not seem to do anything with me anymore, like it did before. That's a rather sad insight, actually.

Elaborate! What is regular form?
Well, there seem to have Been noticeable changes in your taste the last year or so.
It seems to have gone less metal - more "Indie".

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #158239 by izzie

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

izzie wrote: Music in its "regular" form does not seem to do anything with me anymore, like it did before. That's a rather sad insight, actually.

Well, there seem to have Been noticeable changes in your taste the last year or so.

Well, the standard format with verse verse chorus verse and so on. You know, there's just one kind of lyrics and emotions that fits into that formula. I've lately been more drawn to "atmospheric" music - like Kraftwerk, Sällskapet, Stahlwerk 9, Wertham, Jacaszek and so on. May it sound pretentious, but if you combine that - or not - with reading different texts, it creates a special state of mind, just as it creates a different emotion if you pull one piece out of the equation.
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by izzie.

More
5 years 9 months ago #158240 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: On Your Mind

izzie wrote:

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Well, the standard format with verse verse chorus verse and so on. You know, there's just one kind of lyrics and emotions that fits into that formula. I've lately been more drawn to "atmospheric" music - like Kraftwerk, Sällskapet, Stahlwerk 9, Wertham and so on. May it sound pretentious, but if you combine that - or not - with reading different texts, it creates a special state of mind, just as it creates a different emotion if you pull one piece out of the equation.

I appreciate Both. A nice Judas Priest song, a Lady Gaga hit or a Sex Pistols bitch slap always fits right.
Atmoshperic music is nice Aswell. Those that you mentioned are rather industrial Groups. Which is nice.
But "atmosphere" can be Added to most music. Whether it be heavy metal, black metal, pop or ambient.
If you find it as a problem that you can't appreciate normal music, Try to find bands that are doing the same kind of music But that doesn't have 9 minute long monotonic atmospheric songs.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
5 years 9 months ago #158241 by Sarah
Sarah replied the topic: On Your Mind

Sheila wrote: I even meet people who wants to take pictures with me or of me, haha.

Same thing for me haha, when i was in Camden Town i couldnt even walk that there was quite always someone asking for pics LOL

More
5 years 9 months ago #158242 by Livingdead4life
Livingdead4life replied the topic: On Your Mind

Mye a bit sad. If thats the case.

Music for me can change my mood kinda instant.
After a bad day, nothing can share me up like some good music

It´s hard to light a candle, its easy to curse the dark instead!

More
5 years 9 months ago #158243 by izzie

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: I appreciate Both. A nice Judas Priest song, a Lady Gaga hit or a Sex Pistols bitch slap always fits right.
Atmoshperic music is nice Aswell. Those that you mentioned are rather industrial Groups. Which is nice.
But "atmosphere" can be Added to most music. Whether it be heavy metal, black metal, pop or ambient.
If you find it as a problem that you can't appreciate normal music, Try to find bands that are doing the same kind of music But that doesn't have 9 minute long monotonic atmospheric songs.

I don't bother putting artists in terms of genres as I only find it limiting; it's the music I'm talking about. Therefore it does not matter who does the music I am listening to and therefore again I don't understand the difference between what you and I are describing.

Of course different songs can put you in different moods, but I've found out that the regular patterns more or less have it's borders; it does only fit THESE feelings, and I want to go outside that. Combining it with lyric in any form that stands free from the actual piece that is playing creates new entries into the states of your mind.

To concretize it; When just listening to what I have come to call regular music, you can see all the colours that you know, one for each emotion: Red for love, Black for hate/agony and so on. When you perform the above mentioned way of combining medias you suddenly see a new colour that you didn't know existed.

More
5 years 9 months ago #158250 by Prity de Lioncourt
Prity de Lioncourt replied the topic: On Your Mind
I'm thinking on a thousand ways to get rid of my neighbor's house alarm system. It starts every 3 minutes with the smallest move of a leaf or a dragonfly or any other thing or animal. He's around only on weekends and it's useless to have a stupid alarm like that. If someone try to get inside the alarm will sound but no one will pay attention.
So I was thinking about... what, maybe an arrow.... Or maybe, I should call the cops everytime that happens until they get pissed... x_x

Plus: it's ringing for an hour already... +_+

"If you don't deal with your demons, they will deal with you, and it's gonna hurt." - Nikki Sixx

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.668 seconds