Crashdiet

Vegetarian or, Vegan

  • ivy_deville
  • Offline
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
  • Queen of beasts
More
6 years 7 months ago #148729 by ivy_deville
Replied by ivy_deville on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan
I've been a big meat-lover all my life and I've never really understood how anyone could survive without it. The only dinner I could think of without meat in it was pancakes and tomato soup.. :p But now I've actually dated a vegetarian for a while and that has truly opened my eyes! There is so much amazing stuff that can be made without meat - both delicious and cheap! So even though I can't say I don't eat meat anymore it's not a must in my diet any longer and I don't miss it when it's not on my plate. I love experimenting with foods and flavors so I'm very excited to explore more of the vegetarian-way (:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #154142 by LauraJaatinen
Replied by LauraJaatinen on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan
Haha...This is one of my favorite subjects:). I'm a vegan. I've just read some comments and some of them were perhaps a little funny but we all have our own opinions about stuff and that's good. It's nice to notice that some of us think maybe a little more "open minded" about surrounding things. We need more that kind of people:). But anyway... GO VEGAN, that's the right way...:)

Street Team Finland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #154168 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan
There has been huge headlines in Sweden the recent week about companies that have found horse meat in there products. Actually I'm a bit surprised it has gotten such big media space, I mean... there's really nothing different than meat from other animals (it's just not that socially accepted).

But anyway, I have found myself choosing the vegetarian meal more often nowadays if there is that option. But I won't stay of meat completely I think, not for now at least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sheila
  • Sheila's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • grevling
More
6 years 5 months ago #154172 by Sheila
Replied by Sheila on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan
I think the thing about the horse meat is that people didnt know they were eating it. I like to know what I eat. Plus horses that arent supposed to be used for meat can be put down via an injection, and that thing (the medicament) isnt good to eat.

For me, eating horse meat would be like.. eating a dog or something. It's a pet. But I ttoally understand that not everyone sees it that way, and its probably good meat. I used to like it, before I found out it was horse. No one in my family eat it anymore, haha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #154174 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan
Actually I think (know) that there are lots of stuff in our everyday food that is much more bad than that. But I see your point of view. It's right, of course. I just think that people are overreacting a bit.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by izzie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • riKki reKkless
  • Offline
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • Mr. Ellious Rough
More
6 years 5 months ago #154175 by riKki reKkless
Replied by riKki reKkless on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan
I am vegetarian for over 10 years now. i‘m completely healthy, tested my blood a week ago and I don‘t miss anything. I just love animals, donate for animals and discuss the hell outa this topic and yes, I think, I‘ve even changed the world a bit. Just think of how much meat I haven‘t eaten in these years. I decided to become vegetarian in the age of 12. My whole family love to eat meat and they simply didn‘t understand, but I did it. Some of you said, they‘d like to become vegetarian, but still live at home. That‘s no point. You always have the choice. Mrs. Viper had an interesting point as well. People eat meat without a thought about what they are doing right now. My argument is always, "Could you kill for your meal?" Most people couldn‘t, some even start to think about that point, but even though I have to say, Mrs. Viper is right on that point, I have to say, people who are able to kill animals are even worse, then those who close their eyes from the truth. I‘m sorry, thats my opinion. I‘ve talked to a lot of people, fought about this topic, was direct and honest with close friends or strangers, and some of them actually started to think about it. Some of them actually had a guilty conscience, and thats kinda good. Some of them felt guilty, when they ate meat or even changed it. To me, this topic is very important and even I would stand alone, I know I can change the world and you can do as well.

Plus: Eating a horse is like eating a cat, is like eating a cow or a pig or a spider! I don‘t kill a mosquito as well as I don‘t kill a rat, a cat, a cow or whatever!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • beaut?ful
  • Offline
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • nevermore
More
6 years 5 months ago #154185 by beaut?ful
Replied by beaut?ful on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan
I live vegan for six and a half years now. I started when doing some research on industrial livestock farming and realized I don't wanna pay people to treat animals that way.

mrs v. viper wrote: gotta say I hate that preaching thing many vegenas and vegetaroians got going on these days...


Many people get to know animals as pets, meat as a neat product and when they think of livestock, peaceful pictures of cows grazing on meadows or some chickens on a lawn come to their minds, maybe together with a simple but honest farmer character they saw on tv, telling it's all fine. As always some get seriously shocked and traumatized if confronted with reality. Those preachings are a sign of desperation.

And I myself don't like soy drink or tofu and other soy food that much, because of the mentioned taste of its own. There are more tasty sorts of plant drinks and most 'fake meat' today isn't tofu anyway. It's mostly seitan and it's made of gluten, which is pure wheat protein. It's tasteless by itself, but you can flavour it and vary it's consistency to your every liking. I prefer that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #154187 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan

beautïful wrote: I live vegan for six and a half years now. I started when doing some research on industrial livestock farming and realized I don't wanna pay people to treat animals that way.

mrs v. viper wrote: gotta say I hate that preaching thing many vegenas and vegetaroians got going on these days...


Many people get to know animals as pets, meat as a neat product and when they think of livestock, peaceful pictures of cows grazing on meadows or some chickens on a lawn come to their minds, maybe together with a simple but honest farmer character they saw on tv, telling it's all fine. As always some get seriously shocked and traumatized if confronted with reality. Those preachings are a sign of desperation.

And I myself don't like soy drink or tofu and other soy food that much, because of the mentioned taste of its own. There are more tasty sorts of plant drinks and most 'fake meat' today isn't tofu anyway. It's mostly seitan and it's made of gluten, which is pure wheat protein. It's tasteless by itself, but you can flavour it and vary it's consistency to your every liking. I prefer that.


well if it's desperation, I am desperate to be left alone. There is a BIG BIG BIG difference between informing, educating and raising awareness and preaching. I am better informed about livestock conditions than many and still eat meat, and i honestly don't care to be judged for that. killing animals is one moral question out of hundreds. Just because peoples morality differs in that particular question from mine it doesnt make me a bad person. Mostly those veganns that talk to me like that don't even know me. Calling me such a "worse" person than others is moral fingerraising and PREACHING. you know, like people preaching no sex before marriage for for them totsl valud MORAL reasons, and then JUDGE those who live against it. It's not anyones place to decide who's morality is right. And everyone who does it anyway can kindly fuck off, at least for me.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #154188 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan

beautïful wrote: I live vegan for six and a half years now. I started when doing some research on industrial livestock farming and realized I don't wanna pay people to treat animals that way.

mrs v. viper wrote: gotta say I hate that preaching thing many vegenas and vegetaroians got going on these days...


Many people get to know animals as pets, meat as a neat product and when they think of livestock, peaceful pictures of cows grazing on meadows or some chickens on a lawn come to their minds, maybe together with a simple but honest farmer character they saw on tv, telling it's all fine. As always some get seriously shocked and traumatized if confronted with reality. Those preachings are a sign of desperation.

And I myself don't like soy drink or tofu and other soy food that much, because of the mentioned taste of its own. There are more tasty sorts of plant drinks and most 'fake meat' today isn't tofu anyway. It's mostly seitan and it's made of gluten, which is pure wheat protein. It's tasteless by itself, but you can flavour it and vary it's consistency to your every liking. I prefer that.


well if it's desperation, I am desperate to be left alone. There is a BIG BIG BIG difference between informing, educating and raising awareness and preaching. I am better informed about livestock conditions than many and still eat meat, and i honestly don't care to be judged for that. killing animals is one moral question out of hundreds. Just because peoples morality differs in that particular question from mine it doesnt make me a bad person. Mostly those veganns that talk to me like that don't even know me. Calling me such a "worse" person than others is moral fingerraising and PREACHING. you know, like people preaching no sex before marriage for for them totsl valud MORAL reasons, and then JUDGE those who live against it. It's not anyones place to decide who's morality is right. And everyone who does it anyway can kindly fuck off, at least for me.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #155739 by Anna Gable
Replied by Anna Gable on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan
I'm vegetarian too, but I eat fish sometimes, it helps when having dinner with parents etc lol. At home it's mostly real vegetarian though. A good answer to ppl who say you have to eat meat is that there is proof that meat eaters more easily develop agressive cancer, because meat passes slow in our digestive system and after a while it becomes poisonous. Ppl then blame fruit for this, and for getting insuline problems, but the problem is not the fruit, it's the meat sitting like a stopper in your system, making the fruit staying too long in your body. If you eat vegetarian and fruits, it will all pass faster, and you'lll not have any insuline problem either. Some say "We've been eating meat and nuts from the beginning", well no, we have since the fire was discovered, but not since the beginning of time. Then the humans lived where you can find fruit all year, and that was our first nourishment. So, eating vegertarian, especially raw and fruits, is what our system originally was designed for. I hope this will be some good advice for you. As Peter says, keep an eye on what you eat, making sure you get all vitamins in the food, and you'll be fine. (There is a lot of good fat in avocado, for example, and plenty of proteins in spinage, if you, like me, don't like beans or nuts).

Another tips is not to try and make vegetarian versions of meat-food, instead, find your own good recipes that were vegetarian from the start. I don't use quorn or soy products, but instad I try and find recipes that are vegetarian in original. Normally these tastes a lot better than products trying to mimic meat. Keep up the good work, lots of animals will thank you!

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Fhina
  • Fhina's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Smut Queen
More
6 years 3 months ago #155741 by Fhina
Replied by Fhina on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan

Anna Gable wrote: So, eating vegertarian, especially raw and fruits, is what our system originally was designed for.


*thump up*

If fruits & veggies just weren't that expensive here, or better, if we'd just have more variety of different kinds of fruits/veggies...seasonal and all. I'd live raw througout the year... :)

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #155791 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic Vegetarian or, Vegan

Anna Gable wrote: Ppl then blame fruit for this, and for getting insuline problems, but the problem is not the fruit, it's the meat sitting like a stopper in your system, making the fruit staying too long in your body. If you eat vegetarian and fruits, it will all pass faster, and you'lll not have any insuline problem either. Some say "We've been eating meat and nuts from the beginning", well no, we have since the fire was discovered, but not since the beginning of time. Then the humans lived where you can find fruit all year, and that was our first nourishment. So, eating vegertarian, especially raw and fruits, is what our system originally was designed for.


tbh, all this "what we are designed for" and "it's healthier" are actually the weakest arguments from both sides in this whole debate.
It is true that the homo sapiens species in the beginning didn't eat meat. However, evolution worls alot faster than people think, and genetics get influenced ESPECIALLY by food a lot more and in shorter times than you might think. If you take a look at sperlings (little birds) on an island with difficult circumstances, where for exempla a storm caused the whole vegetation to chage rapidly you can watch the beaks shape change in a span of a decade or two. The whole birds even looks different and it's still a sperling. Now the Homo sapiens you speak of lived thousands and thousands of years ago.
Asian People are homo sapiens yet can't eat/drink some things that we can because they genetics are different, for exemple milk products, because they aren't "used" to it.
Now Tibetians on the other hand, who are genetically much closer to for exemple chinese people than us, can drink milk, because in the highlands their animals was a more steady source of food tan anything else, and it was necesary for them to drink it, in opposite to the chinese people who have rice, and corn etc.

I think everyone agrees that the most healthy way is to eat with a good balance of carbs, proteins, vitamins, irons etc all the stuff your body needs in the right amount.
meat isn't unhelathy. However un unatural amount of meat is. The "natural" way would be maybe once a week, yet most people that arent't vegetarians eat it way more often than taht, if not more than once a day! ofcourse thats unhealthy.

You can't say this and that is unhelathy because in the wrong amounst EVERYTHING is unhealthy.

If you want to have a valid argument why you shoukdn't eat meat at all it's "a living being is killed for you". You can't even say "a living being is tortured, hold in a too small cage and fed in a unheralthy way for you and then gets killed for you" because you can be a non-vegetarian without that. there are enough farmes that provide cruelty free meat, yet ofc this menas you have to cut down the amount you eat.

Everything else is hypricratic reasons.

I eat meat. I am an Asshole. Simple as that.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum