Crashdiet

What does swedish people think about finnish people?

More
10 years 9 months ago #85056 by nasty
Yeah I read that thing about Swedish on Andy McCoy's website. He learned Swedish as a kid, but when he n his family moved back to Finland, the Swedish the Finns spoke was different than the Swedish he learned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• headbangerh?ll
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
10 years 9 months ago #85062 by headbangerh?ll
Replied by headbangerh?ll on topic What does swedish people think about finnish people?

Raksu 13 wrote: öö.. try learning Finnish and Swedish and see which one is worst.. I think you'll find out pretty quick that Finnish is way harder to learn than Swedish..
Even if Swedish sounds funny and it seems difficult to pronounce and stuff.. gramatically speaking, it's almost a joke compared to Finnish (and no offense here whatsoever!)

Take a look at this article and you'll see what i mean..

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Language_of_Finland

HAHAHA!! You speak finnish and you say swedish sounds funny. Haha, have you heard yourself talk? :lol: :lol:

More
10 years 9 months ago #85075 by hollywood_ho
Replied by hollywood_ho on topic What does swedish people think about finnish people?
I love that site. Always cracks me up!

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Sweden

More
10 years 9 months ago #85089 by raksu 13

headbangerhåll wrote: HAHAHA!! You speak finnish and you say swedish sounds funny. Haha, have you heard yourself talk? :lol: :lol:

yeah i have and it sounds pretty normal to me.. but i know we sound like japanese to you or something weirder.. Yet again, i guess in our ears you sound way funnier than us, cause you sing while you speak and you don't pronounce the words the way you write them and stuff.. but i have to admit that swedish sounds even funnier when we try to speak it :lol: at least when my friends and i try to speak it, or mostly any finn for that matter..

be that as it may.. it's rather pointless to discuss who sounds funnier when it's you vs. me.. cause neither of us can be objective enough.. that kind of discussion would only make sense if non swedish/finnish speaking people would compare both languages :lol:

• headbangerh?ll
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
More
10 years 9 months ago #85096 by headbangerh?ll
Replied by headbangerh?ll on topic What does swedish people think about finnish people?

Raksu 13 wrote:

headbangerhåll wrote: HAHAHA!! You speak finnish and you say swedish sounds funny. Haha, have you heard yourself talk? :lol: :lol:

yeah i have and it sounds pretty normal to me.. but i know we sound like japanese to you or something weirder.. Yet again, i guess in our ears you sound way funnier than us, cause you sing while you speak and you don't pronounce the words the way you write them and stuff.. but i have to admit that swedish sounds even funnier when we try to speak it :lol: at least when my friends and i try to speak it, or mostly any finn for that matter..

be that as it may.. it's rather pointless to discuss who sounds funnier when it's you vs. me.. cause neither of us can be objective enough.. that kind of discussion would only make sense if non swedish/finnish speaking people would compare both languages :lol:

yeah, i guess yo're right :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #85101 by hitomi

headbangerh虱l wrote:

Raksu 13 wrote:

headbangerh虱l wrote: that kind of discussion would only make sense if non swedish/finnish speaking people would compare both languages :lol:

yeah, i guess yo're right :)

hehe that's right.
I guess Swedish/Finnish is just like Japanese/Korean...maybe

More
10 years 7 months ago #86679 by xxsleazyheartxx
Replied by xxsleazyheartxx on topic What does swedish people think about finnish people?

headbangerhåll wrote:

Raksu 13 wrote:

headbangerhåll wrote: hehe...you speak funny and i love that.

:lol: I always thought you (swedes) speak funny...

no, we are the only in the world who speaks normal...except the people in skåne :)

I don't think finnish sounds funny.. maybe because we learn that in school... and i don't think swedish sounds funny, maybe because i've talked swedish since i was born... x3

More
10 years 7 months ago #86680 by xxsleazyheartxx
Replied by xxsleazyheartxx on topic What does swedish people think about finnish people?

Nasty wrote: Yeah I read that thing about Swedish on Andy McCoy's website. He learned Swedish as a kid, but when he n his family moved back to Finland, the Swedish the Finns spoke was different than the Swedish he learned.

Yeah, the swedish we talk here in finland is much different from the swedish that everyone talks in swedish...
but still it's quite easy to understand what we're sayin' you just have to listen carefully...
some words are hard to understand, cuz' we always mix swedish with finnish.... or we mix in some finnish words in our finnish...

More
10 years 7 months ago #86682 by xxsleazyheartxx

Raksu 13 wrote:

Tommy Sweet wrote: i love both countries, but what i dislike about Finnish ppl is that they are very lonely ppl, a lot of suicides and depression, dunno why...i've asked many time to all my finn friends and they say that a very common reason, is the winter...the LONG winter, that creates that depressive crap, something like a winter madness...

anyway, both countries TOTALLY ROXX!!!! :twisted:

I guess it's hard to understand that if you haven't experienced a full winter here in finland.. if you have a normal day schedule, you most likely wake up in darkness, go to work or school when it's daylight and when you are off it's dark again, plus it's cold as hell and if we are really lucky we have snow coming soon to brighten up a lil bit.. but still full winter days have no more than 3 or 4 hours daylight, which doesn't mean sun.. and if we get it a cold winter temperature goes from -15 to -23 to -35 C in the south and that's almost everyday.. plus, that goes for every winter.. so it's not the funniest part of the year.. and it does affect your mood... a lot

The winters are horrible here in Finland... At least in the south... A month before X-mas snow starts comin' down, and the next day it's gone... and that's how it continues all winter... and it's dark too... and i'm probably the only one in my town that wears sunglasses in the winter... x3

More
10 years 7 months ago #86718 by hollywood_ho
Replied by hollywood_ho on topic What does swedish people think about finnish people?
Well, my friend in Finland thinks the Swede's are lightweights in respect to drinking. My Swedish friend says the Finns are basically nice but bring knives to a cocktail party! :twisted:

I think they all like each other for the most part, and the ripping on each other is pretty good natured and harmless.

You don't want to hear what BOTH of them think of the Norwegians! :lol:

Here in America (California in particular), we like everyone. Pretty friendly place.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #86759 by Guest
Sauna and Siima is on my head... if my spelling is not well... I hope you know what I mean.

More
10 years 7 months ago #86773 by xxsleazyheartxx

Hollywood Vampire//HV wrote: Sauna and Siima is on my head... if my spelling is not well... I hope you know what I mean.

Haha, sauna is nice...
but you get tired of it after a couple of years... -.-'

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds