Crashdiet

Michael Monroe

More
8 years 10 months ago #105723 by Anna Gable
Replied by Anna Gable on topic Michael Monroe
Saw two concerts, one soundcheck and had dinner with the band last Saturday in Helsinki. The concerts were both great, but oor Ginger broke his foot at the end of the first, and did the encore with an untreated broken foot. That's devotion to fans! He went to hospital, but was back for the second gig, and did that too. Michael said he was sick with the flue, and also complained in his blog that he felt out of shape after his ribs accident, and that it in turn had some bad effect on his singing, since he could not use the diaphragm as much as he was used to, but sang in the throat and felt that his voice was not the best. But he's superman, and pulled through two full length concerts and was still sounding great to everyone who did not know anything (if you knew it could _maybe_ be heard, but it sure was not much). I'm glad he's so conscious about technique, because that means he'll go on sounding good for many more years to come. (and the "out of shape" man did sing and do sit-ups fron haning free in his knees in Gothemburg, so things are relative, lol, dear Michael, he's always super fit!). Despite Michael not being 100% and Ginger having pain in his foot, they all took their time to sign my album. I normally don't look for autograhs and stuff, it feels aqward since I've been so much on stage myself, but for this band I had to make an exception, they are so super good.

Conte

Ginger with his broken foot, but still showing off with the guitar

Karl & Sami

Michael climbing up to the balcony, and before I knew it, I was halfway over that rail to get a good photo of it, lol

They also played one new song that has not been released yet, but I hope it will end up on the coming studio album, really good (here with a one minute intro to the show).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyjgLwnN-7Q

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #119074 by Anna Gable
Replied by Anna Gable on topic Michael Monroe
Anyone here planning to go to the shows in Stockholm or Västerås (Sweden)?

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The...

• Sheila
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • grevling
More
8 years 3 months ago #126908 by Sheila
Replied by Sheila on topic Michael Monroe

I just love this picture of him.
And I would really love to have it in better quality, without my book, my finger and half my room in the backround. Anyone? : D I cant remember to have seen it anywhere before.

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
8 years 3 months ago #126922 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic Michael Monroe
What about moving this topic about Michael here ? :) Just a suggestion ;).

More
8 years 2 months ago #129074 by Sh?ena
Replied by Sh?ena on topic Michael Monroe
Took these from the first gig of Sensory Overdrive tour. My camera's a bit crappy but yeah.. (:

• XiLaii
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • The Strange
More
8 years 2 months ago #129076 by XiLaii
Replied by XiLaii on topic Michael Monroe
Very cool photos! :)

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
8 years 2 months ago #129094 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic Michael Monroe
Yes, I like them as well, thanks for posting :).

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds