Crashdiet

INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #163706 by peterlondon
peterlondon created the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!

DietHeads!

First of all, we would like to thank you all for the tremendous support and patience, even though we’ve been mostly silent for the last few years, we’ve always felt your love!

We are now entering the next chapter in this crazy world of CRASHDÏET. With that said, we would like to introduce a new member of the family…

From Stockholm, Sweden: Gabriel Keyes!

He is the new lead singer of CRASHDÏET and he is the guy that blew our minds a while back when we first heard his voice. Then we started hanging out, writing music and the chemistry was a fact. We can’t wait to let you hear him!

”Dietheads! I’m so fuckin’ excited to get this circus started! I’m here to give you a kickin’ experience both live and in the studio and I hope you all are lookin’ forward to it, caaause I fuckin’ do! See yaa out there! Big hugs!???” - Gabriel

A brand new single called ”We are the legion” will be released on New Year's Eve!

Our first show with Gabriel will take place on March 30, 2018, at Kägelbanan in Stockholm, Sweden. Tickets will be available before you know it!

For full coverage of the new line-up, please get a copy of the December issue of Sweden Rock Magazine!

See you in a bit!

//CRASHDÏET

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by peterlondon.
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: mrs v. viper, CocaineCowboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #163709 by friedoctopus
friedoctopus replied the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!
This is excellent news! From the little we can hear in the recent videos, Gabriel sounds pretty promising and seems to be a great fit... I can't wait to hear him in the context of a full song. So happy to have the band whole again!

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: mrs v. viper

More
1 year 5 months ago #163710 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!
From what I've seen, he looks like a good fit! I was so happy to see that you've found a new singer, and I've got a really good first impression of him based on the video you put out the other day, and the interview in Sweden Rock magazine. Can't wait till New Years Eve to hear the new song :D
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: mrs v. viper

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #163711 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!
I have to say I am pretty excited aswell : D can't wait to hear new things and it's so great that there might be new adventures!!

I'm trying to get a hand on that magazine but it's unfortunately hard as ever to get it in germany. if anyone could take up the old fashion of translating it and posting it here that would be lovely/ a good community effort etc. :P

(see, I even learned some big buzzwords in the meantime)

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by mrs v. viper.

More
1 year 5 months ago #163714 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!
If no one does it before me, I can translate and post it after exams and Christmas-stress. :D

More
1 year 5 months ago #163715 by friedoctopus
That would be awesome, I'd love to read it as well!

And good luck with your exams ;)

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

More
1 year 5 months ago #163719 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!
It says in the Sleazeroxx interview that he was playing in a band called Perfect Crime and they released like an EP before. Do any of you have this EP?

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
1 year 5 months ago #163722 by julius_leopard
julius_leopard replied the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!
Well... I must admit I've hoped for a crazy return of Simon, but I'm sure the new guy is awesome too!

I really really really need new songs from you guys and I'm happy you finally found someone who can take Crashdiet trough the next chapters.

Big hugs.
Can't wait for the new demo!

More
1 year 5 months ago #163723 by friedoctopus

julius_leopard wrote: I must admit I've hoped for a crazy return of Simon

I'm relieved to know I wasn't the only one who had that thought :) I fell in love with Simon's voice from the first time I heard him even speak, let alone sing (I still have written record of my reaction the first time I heard Caught In Despair...it's pretty hilarious to look back on). I was absolutely devastated by his departure and couldn't--still can't--bear the thought of not having new material from him anymore. He will probably remain my all-time favorite singer for the rest of my life (besides Erik Danielsson, but that's another thing entirely).

But I've always thought of each era of Crashdiet as a separate entity, because trying to think of the different singers and different time periods as one just doesn't work. Each has its unique value: the here and now, the singer who knocked my socks off like no other, the "current" state of the band when they came into my life, and the mastermind who started it all. How can I possibly rank them against each other? How can I possibly not miss each one that's in the past? But if I keep them separate, no one era can devalue any other. I've grown to trust Crashdiet absolutely and there is no doubt in my mind that whatever direction they may take, they will always deliver content worthy of their name.

I'm very excited to see what Gabriel has to offer and what he will bring to the band. I'm excited for new material, new tours, fresh blood and a renewed spirit within the band. Not to mention, he has a pretty awesome voice himself. :) And my hopes are high that he is as dependable and dedicated as the rest of the guys, and will be here to stay for a very long time.

The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: peterlondon

More
1 year 5 months ago #163741 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!
I agree with this^

I also find I somehow like this new and new and new again thing. It’s a pretty accurate depiction of what life can be like. I have a super hatd timw connecting with music at the moment which feels awful. Maybe this will break the spell.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
1 year 5 months ago #163744 by Hayeon
Hayeon replied the topic: INTRODUCING GABRIEL KEYES!
CUTEEEE

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds