Crashdiet

"Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
7 years 10 months ago #137829 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"
^ I second that and I had the same thought after reading what he said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• glam_junkie
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
7 years 10 months ago #137843 by glam_junkie
Replied by glam_junkie on topic "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"
Got mine in the mail, but haven't had the chance to have a good look, or even a listen yet. Hopefully by the weekend...

More
7 years 10 months ago #137847 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

Marmetal wrote: ^ I second that and I had the same thought after reading what he said.

on the other hand, thinking about uit now.. one guy in that band even wears a Crashdiet shirt on their debut album. So it might mean soething to at least on of them... I mean he only spoke for himself...

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

• martinkrush
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.
More
7 years 10 months ago #137851 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

mrs v. viper wrote:

Marmetal wrote: I second that and I had the same thought after reading what he said.

on the other hand, thinking about uit now.. one guy in that band even wears a Crashdiet shirt on their debut album. So it might mean soething to at least on of them... I mean he only spoke for himself...

Didn't know that and yeah you're right, there's at least one DÏET fan there so better than nothing ;).

• glam_junkie
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
7 years 10 months ago #137857 by glam_junkie

mrs v. viper wrote:

Marmetal wrote: ^ I second that and I had the same thought after reading what he said.

maybe they should have gotten him to contribute instead.

More
7 years 10 months ago #137861 by mrs v. viper
yeah agree :/

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

• glam_junkie
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
7 years 10 months ago #137863 by glam_junkie

stevexxz wrote:

XiLaii wrote:
I guess it would have been nice to have some writings from the bands in there.

www.rockeyez.com/interviews/2011-08-stre...reet-symphonies.html
scroll down the page.

kinda sucks that a lot of bands refuse to participate or even respond. I know they probably have contractural obligations that may prevent it, or extremely limited time, but surely it wouldn't have taken more than a couple of seconds to reply to the record label trying to put this thing together.

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
7 years 10 months ago #137885 by fizzy

glam_junkie wrote:

stevexxz wrote:

XiLaii wrote:
I guess it would have been nice to have some writings from the bands in there.

www.rockeyez.com/interviews/2011-08-stre...reet-symphonies.html
scroll down the page.

kinda sucks that a lot of bands refuse to participate or even respond. I know they probably have contractural obligations that may prevent it, or extremely limited time, but surely it wouldn't have taken more than a couple of seconds to reply to the record label trying to put this thing together.

yeah I agree, but speaking of bands like HCSS for example, they had nothing to do with Dave. They werent even on tour with them. HCSS started to sound "sleaze" when RIS was released, so there is absolutely no connection to Dave Lepard.

But it sure sucks for other bands like Sister or Pretty Wild

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
7 years 10 months ago #137894 by rusty

mrs v. viper wrote: "I'm not really into this new swedish rock bands,but when they asked us to join this tribute,i though it would be a cool thing to be part of it"
Johnny Rainbow SKULL DAZE

DISLIKE!! thats exactly what I think is wrong about this. this shouldn't be a opportunity kinda thing. OFC its great for a young band to be part of this projetc, but it shouldn't be the motivation... :S

Yeah that wasn't very tasteful at all..... there was no need to say that even if it is how he feels. Its a tribute album he's performing on so if your not gonna pay tribute just don't say anything........

On the other hand I was really disapointed in seeing so many negative opinions from people based on "Young bands using Dave's name to get noticed" I don't think any of the bands did it for that reason. They were approached and asked to take part and that's what they/we did.....

Peep Show started gigging around 2006, I wouldn't say we're a new band, we took our influences from similar people that Dave and the other guys did. We did this record because we were truely honoured to be asked to record a song on an album that was nothing but positive....... noone is making money, noone is getting more fame or anything.... its a tribute that a select 250 people will be lucky to own, some extra money going to a worthy cause and we'll all go on trying to break out of the fish bowl that is 80's influence (Glam/Sleaze/Hair) Rock and get more people listening to some awesome music!!!!

Music is a gift that speaks to so many people like it was written only for that one person hearing it at any given time.... lets not turn it into a bible and fight over peoples difference of opinions (normally the people who know the least about anything)

Enjoy it or don't.... but either way lets not point fingers or discredit something that had a sole purpose of doing nothing but pay tribute to one of the true rockers of a generation!

R.I.S

Rust

More
7 years 10 months ago #137964 by mrs v. viper

rusty wrote: Yeah that wasn't very tasteful at all..... there was no need to say that even if it is how he feels. Its a tribute album he's performing on so if your not gonna pay tribute just don't say anything........

On the other hand I was really disapointed in seeing so many negative opinions from people based on "Young bands using Dave's name to get noticed" I don't think any of the bands did it for that reason. They were approached and asked to take part and that's what they/we did.....

I think that was the point in this matter tho... that people doubted that some of the bands payed truly tribute. :) which ofc noone who isn't in the bands can really know so I'm totally with you on the don't point fingers part.
And your band was probably the one least doubted of all the bands taking part haha.

• glam_junkie
  • Diehard Dietist
  • Diehard Dietist
  • is cooler than you!
More
7 years 10 months ago #138074 by glam_junkie
just listened to this cd for the first time and have a few mixed emotions.
there were 4-5 songs i thought we're really, really good.
a couple that were ok.
and a couple i wasn't too sure of.

i was surprised that not many of the bands really tried to make the songs their own. As in, not take them away from what they are and what dave made them, but interpret then in a their own way. Most tracks were extreemtly similar to original versions. I like when in these sorts of albums when bands really take the song and do it an a way that they are inspired to do so.

in reagards to the booklet, or lack of. I see what people were saying. it's very brief. it would be cool if maybe the record label could put together a booklet retrospectivley, upload it to their page for people to download, print out and add to the exisitng booklet. avoids all the extra cost of printing a full booklet. being a tribute cd it would be really good to have a few tributes from the bands to tell their story.

i always think that big fans love when their bands cover another bands, but find it difficult whne other bands cover one of their favourite bands. Taking that into consideration, i thouhght overall this was a pretty good effort by all involved and a great tribute to Dave.

More
7 years 9 months ago #138308 by Anna Gable
Replied by Anna Gable on topic "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"
Well, the problem with making a cover is that it has to either be beter than the original, or very different (making it "your own"). When it comes to this kind of tribute I think trying to make it as near the original as possible also is an option, because of the tribute-factor. I think most of the bands are making a good job, and some are really excellent.

When it comes to booklets etc, remember this is a thing made totally from goodwill. All of the money goes to Lisbeth's fund to support young bands. It's made out of love and respect for a truly inovative musician and person; Dave. I got my copy directly from Lisbeth in her shop, and she was suprised there even was a hard cover, she had expected some cd:s with just a paper-cover, like the ones you sometimes get cd-roms in. In the light of this, saying a booklet is missing... well, be happy that someone did this for free ;)

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The...

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds