Crashdiet

"Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

More
8 years 2 months ago #126364 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

Miss Obscene wrote: All I've read about it is this:

Journalist: You have recorded “Lost Horizons” as a bonus track for the “Reborn In Sleaze – A Tribute To Dave Lepard” CD that are being released by Street Symphonies Records. Did you choose the song yourself?
Swan: Yeah, I love that song, I always thought that was a waste to keep that song unreleased, so we recorded two versions of that track, it wasn’t especially for that tribute record in the beginning. It’s good to know we can find a version of that ballad on a CD.

That is exactly what is so disgusting in my opinion.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #126372 by joey_baccard
joey_baccard replied the topic: "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: I think its still the most disrespectful things ever done in Music I know of. I feel so sorry for Kattah, the guys of Blackrain showed not a sense of respect imo. I dont know what the circumstances were, but I think it can be very true that Dave wrote this song for Kattah, for the person he probably loved the most at the time, and not for the whole world.

I know what the circumstances were. I actually have Kattah's own words 'bout "Lost Horizons" somewhere on my computer. Should I post 'em to prove the point or should I keep 'em for myself?

More
8 years 2 months ago #126374 by fizzy
PM me please

More
8 years 1 month ago #128467 by Tazzy
Tazzy replied the topic: "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

joey_baccardï wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: I think its still the most disrespectful things ever done in Music I know of. I feel so sorry for Kattah, the guys of Blackrain showed not a sense of respect imo. I dont know what the circumstances were, but I think it can be very true that Dave wrote this song for Kattah, for the person he probably loved the most at the time, and not for the whole world.

I know what the circumstances were. I actually have Kattah's own words 'bout "Lost Horizons" somewhere on my computer. Should I post 'em to prove the point or should I keep 'em for myself?

could you pm me too please?

i like the whole idea of making a cover cd for a tribute to dave, just as long as they dont destroy the songs, but yeah, i pretty much hate the idea of the lost horizons cover.... lost horizons is a very deep and meaningful song, and if they are going to change that by doing a cover.... its kind of disappointing, its quite disrespectful to do a cover of a such a sacred song like that one.

“Each and every one of us has a fire that burns inside us and they can try like hell to put out that flame, but as long as in our minds we know who we are meant to be, they don’t stand a chance."

More
8 years 1 month ago #128500 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"
new teaser just came out ;)
peep show sounds fucking great :)

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
8 years 1 month ago #128507 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"
Thanks for posting man!

More
8 years 1 month ago #128508 by stevexxz
stevexxz replied the topic: "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

Journalist: You have recorded “Lost Horizons” as a bonus track for the “Reborn In Sleaze – A Tribute To Dave Lepard” CD that are being released by Street Symphonies Records. Did you choose the song yourself?
Swan: Yeah, I love that song, I always thought that was a waste to keep that song unreleased, so we recorded two versions of that track, it wasn’t especially for that tribute record in the beginning. It’s good to know we can find a version of that ballad on a CD.

Has been Dave's mother who suggested Street Symphonies to contact Blackrain, and gave her approval for the use of "Lost Horizons" in the cd ... I'm pretty sure she would never do anything wrong against her beloved son.... ;)

More
8 years 1 month ago #128516 by fizzy

stevexxz wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

Has been Dave's mother who suggested Street Symphonies to contact Blackrain, and gave her approval for the use of "Lost Horizons" in the cd ... I'm pretty sure she would never do anything wrong against her beloved son.... ;)

well I have my opinion about Lisbeth Hellman, which is probably very different from yours.

yeah Peep Shows cover is as amazing as expected.

More
8 years 1 month ago #128520 by stevexxz
stevexxz replied the topic: "Reborn In Sleaze: A Tribute To Dave Lepard"

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: well I have my opinion about Lisbeth Hellman.

?

More
8 years 1 month ago #128539 by fizzy

stevexxz wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: well I have my opinion about Lisbeth Hellman.

?

what didnt you understand?

More
8 years 1 month ago #128543 by Tazzy

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

new teaser just came out ;)
peep show sounds fucking great :)

i just found out about them yesterday too! i have been looking for a particular song that i really like but i cant find it anywhere.....just keeps coming up with some stupid tv show thing.....

“Each and every one of us has a fire that burns inside us and they can try like hell to put out that flame, but as long as in our minds we know who we are meant to be, they don’t stand a chance."

More
8 years 1 month ago #128544 by Tazzy
im sure that Lisbeth is a wonderful woman, and im sure that she wouldn't do anything to offend or anger dave..... but i agree on the poor decision on letting another band cover lost horizons.... its far too sacred and personal, and if it wasn't released by the original band officially, then in my opinion, it should stay that way..... but thats just what i think, if it makes any sense.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds