Crashdiet

Dave Lepard and Jon Nödtveidt (Dissection)

• dsv218
  • Topic Author
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • +
More
11 years 3 months ago #79526 by dsv218
Now let me just say that these are my own thoughts and observations, and i am in no way trying to 'prove' a connection or relationship between these two late musicians. I'm just pointing out some probably coincidental similarities.

Well, i'm sure some of you have heard of Jon Nödtveidt as the mastermind behind Dissection, and that he committed suicide less than 7 months after Dave's passing. I don't know if the two of them knew each other personally, but it's quite clear that Dave was a fan of Dissection (so is Eric) seeing as you can see Dave various times in Dissection's 'Rebirth of Dissection' 2004 Live DVD, wearing a white Crashdiet shirt and banging his head off in the front row of the audience.

Now, the titles of both of these musicians' last album kinda makes you wonder... Dissection's 'Reinkaos' is supposed to be like the the word 'reincarnation', making it translate to something along the lines of return to Chaos (death). And 'Rest in Sleaze' is obviously a modification of rest in peace, said when someone passes away. Even if these are in no way connected, i just find the reasoning behind the names of these albums a bit intriguing... I mean, i find it interesting how both of these titles resemble epitaphs and both musicians took their own lives within months after their albums' release...

I'm sure most of the people here don't care about any of this and i'm not saying they should. The reasons behind both of the deaths are in no way related anyway. I find it interesting nevertheless, even if this is just a massive coincidence.

Rest in Sleaze, Dave
Rest in Chaos, Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #79533 by mimz
well kinda interesting thoughs but i dont give them any more attention but what i did know when i read it. cant find anything bad about you posting that or thinking of that but me, i dont care myself about that kinda facts. im more like emotional person and i think things with my way.

but really just wanted to say what that brought to my mind ..

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

More
11 years 3 months ago #79540 by foby
Hm, kinda interesting... But personally I don't think it's a connection. But cool that you noticed that man! :)

• dsv218
  • Topic Author
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • +
More
11 years 3 months ago #79545 by dsv218
Replied by dsv218 on topic Dave Lepard and Jon Nödtveidt (Dissection)
Yeah it's probably a coincidence. It would still be interesting to know if the two of them knew each other though, seeing as Dave knew Erik Danielsson from Watain. But then again Jon was in prison from 1997 to 2004 so i have no clue...

I was so surprised when i saw Dave on the Dissection DVD, totally didn't expect that. I searched on youtube for some of the videos from the DVD and you can see Dave briefly at these times:

The Somberlain
0:55

A Land Forlorn
0:17
0:23
5:13
5:17
5:23

More
11 years 3 months ago #79546 by sunny

DSV218 wrote: Yeah it's probably a coincidence. It would still be interesting to know if the two of them knew each other though, seeing as Dave knew Erik Danielsson from Watain. But then again Jon was in prison from 1997 to 2004 so i have no clue...

I was so surprised when i saw Dave on the Dissection DVD, totally didn't expect that. I searched on youtube for some of the videos from the DVD and you can see Dave briefly at these times:

The Somberlain

A Land Forlorn

i see him i see him ! :lol: it's a little bit strange see him ..

• dsv218
  • Topic Author
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • +
More
11 years 3 months ago #79580 by dsv218
Yeah, but i think it's cool that he was a fan. It's one of the main reasons that got me interested in Crashdiet in the first place, their interest in more extreme metal. I can't think of any other sleaze or hair metal band like that.

More
11 years 3 months ago #79608 by niclas
Replied by niclas on topic Dave Lepard and Jon Nödtveidt (Dissection)
Yes, I saw him too...

More
11 years 3 months ago #79695 by leopardmamman
Replied by leopardmamman on topic Dave Lepard and Jon Nödtveidt (Dissection)

DSV218 wrote: Now let me just say that these are my own thoughts and observations, and i am in no way trying to 'prove' a connection or relationship between these two late musicians. I'm just pointing out some probably coincidental similarities.

Well, i'm sure some of you have heard of Jon Nödtveidt as the mastermind behind Dissection, and that he committed suicide less than 7 months after Dave's passing. I don't know if the two of them knew each other personally, but it's quite clear that Dave was a fan of Dissection (so is Eric) seeing as you can see Dave various times in Dissection's 'Rebirth of Dissection' 2004 Live DVD, wearing a white Crashdiet shirt and banging his head off in the front row of the audience.

Now, the titles of both of these musicians' last album kinda makes you wonder... Dissection's 'Reinkaos' is supposed to be like the the word 'reincarnation', making it translate to something along the lines of return to Chaos (death). And 'Rest in Sleaze' is obviously a modification of rest in peace, said when someone passes away. Even if these are in no way connected, i just find the reasoning behind the names of these albums a bit intriguing... I mean, i find it interesting how both of these titles resemble epitaphs and both musicians took their own lives within months after their albums' release...

I'm sure most of the people here don't care about any of this and i'm not saying they should. The reasons behind both of the deaths are in no way related anyway. I find it interesting nevertheless, even if this is just a massive coincidence.

Rest in Sleaze, Dave
Rest in Chaos, Jon

yes. david was a fan of diddection, in one period of his life, think it was in the beginning of 2000. strange to see him.....

More
11 years 2 months ago #79769 by mrlee

DSV218 wrote: Yeah it's probably a coincidence. It would still be interesting to know if the two of them knew each other though, seeing as Dave knew Erik Danielsson from Watain. But then again Jon was in prison from 1997 to 2004 so i have no clue...

The Somberlain

A Land Forlorn

so cool. what a badass.

you must have some sharp eyes to of noticed all of those! i think the only ones that i would consider easy to notice at the 5 minute ones.

• dsv218
  • Topic Author
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • +
More
11 years 2 months ago #79778 by dsv218
When i saw white shirt i was just curious to see what band it was. When i paused it and saw blond hair the Crashdiet logo i almost fell out of my chair!

It's cool because you can also see the twins from the Swedish black metal band Nifelheim in the crowd at times.

• joey_baccard
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • JOEY BACCARDÏ
More
10 years 8 months ago #86170 by joey_baccard
Replied by joey_baccard on topic Dave Lepard and Jon Nödtveidt (Dissection)

The Somberlain

A Land Forlorn

really cool that you noticed this^^

• dsv218
  • Topic Author
  • Getting groovy
  • Getting groovy
  • +
More
10 years 7 months ago #87087 by dsv218
Pelle and Erik from Watain? Or do you mean Per and Erik from Nifelheim?
Wow that's cool, i wonder what they talked about.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds