Crashdiet

Crashdiet without Dave!!

More
10 years 2 months ago #89692 by hairmetalfreek
Replied by hairmetalfreek on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
Once a brand has been established, it is to their advantage to continue that brand. Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, Drowning Pool, AC/DC, even Motley Crue are or have been in the same situation. One member leaves the band, either by quitting or firing or in the tragic cases of DP and AC/DC death, and the rest of the band is left with the decision of continuing under the same name or creating a new brand. It is better, publicity-wise, to continue under the same name.

I do not hold anything against Crashdiet for continuing without Dave, and in fact I think they honor his memory more by doing so. The music they are creating is spectacular and they are still gaining new fans, and introducing more and more to Lepard's legacy. If they were no longer performing as Crashdiet, some of those connections would be lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #89693 by carolinarocker
Replied by carolinarocker on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
I think by continuing in the Crashdiet honors dave better than if they changed the name. The main thing is what would dave have wanted the band to do in the event of his death. Im sure he would have wanted them to keep on rockin.

• fizzy
  • Captain of the team
  • Captain of the team
  • fizzy
More
10 years 2 months ago #89706 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
it's difficult to find the right words on this opinion. I would say that Peter, Martin and Eric have to decide what is right and what is wrong. We all we're dissapointed when TUR came out, and we thought that is the end of Crashdiet. But now I feel that they creatin' some new aggressive stuff, which can be in Dave Lepards mind. But otherwise Dave Lepard is history. He isn't still around here, so it's stupid to compare every song to Dave. And to compare the new singer to Dave is just crap. I think they want to step out of Dave Lepards boots now, and I have the feeling that they can make it now, with the new stuff. I wish you all the best.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

• take it sleazy
  • Topic Author
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
10 years 2 months ago #89712 by take it sleazy
Replied by take it sleazy on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
Thanks for the opinions guys,

Yea I totally agree it has been tough for these guys to get away from the legacy that Dave has, but I did not find TUR to be a bad album and to me it is comparable to RIS. It is a little harder which is not that good to me, but it still has catchy tunes and awesome lyrics, so to me it is only a few steps off of RIS.

Also, I prove that because they continued using Crashdiet as their name they have introduced me to Dave Lepard, so very good point there.

Anyway, I can't wait for the new songs to come out and I can't wait to see who the new singer is!

Take it Sleazy!

More
10 years 2 months ago #89721 by crashcrueroxx
Replied by crashcrueroxx on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!

fizzy suxx wrote: I have the feeling that they can make it now, with the new stuff. I wish you all the best.

;)

More
10 years 2 months ago #89773 by julius leopard
Replied by julius leopard on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!

hairmetalfreek wrote: I do not hold anything against Crashdiet for continuing without Dave, and in fact I think they honor his memory more by doing so.

Yeah!!! I agree!!!

• take it sleazy
  • Topic Author
  • New Here...
  • New Here...
More
10 years 2 months ago #89779 by take it sleazy
Replied by take it sleazy on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
So it seems the majority feel the same way as I do and support Crashdiet and continue to love the band, but there are just a few oddballs that despise the band now!

Nice to know. By the way I can't get enough of the new track, and I have no idea what people keep saying about Power Metal?

More
10 years 2 months ago #89826 by mrlee
Replied by mrlee on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
ive no issue with them using the name.

providing they dont sell out, and keep making good music.

People complained about Van Halen when Dave wasnt in it, but theres equally as big a fanbase for Van Hagar, as there is Van Halen.

More
10 years 2 months ago #89846 by el?siveness
Replied by el?siveness on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
Same thing about Power Metal...really. I wonder why?
The part "avoid disappointment expect that you'll loooose
before you condemn me try walking in my shooooes" feels so familiar to me while it's a totally new song with a new voice. It sounds like just...Crashdïet and so much more close to the first album than TUR was 8-)

More
10 years 2 months ago #89872 by valkyrie
Replied by valkyrie on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
I miss Dave as a singer but Crashdïet for me still is a really good band ..i don't find that they have gotten worse in any way

More
10 years 2 months ago #89875 by mrs_sixx
Replied by mrs_sixx on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
i personally think them continuing with the same name and so on is a tribute to dave (r.i.s), they're still crashdiet.maybe they were better when he was alive, who knows they'll have to prove us wrong/right won't they.

More
10 years 2 months ago #90006 by ade
Replied by ade on topic Crashdiet without Dave!!
bret left poison? Finally, or no, was that an example? Hahaha, well who gives a crap about poison.

this discussion about comparing members who left/died in bands will never end, it is only the personal opinion that counts, if the majority of the fans wants a new singer to the band name crashdiet, then fine, go ahead, but i will not personally like the whole idea.

and if they change the name, fans will follow, why shouldn't they, martin, peter and eric are great musicians. But keeping the name is wrong for me, and perhaps for some other, but as i said, i totally understand if the majority wants the band to keep the band name, and create music under daves name...

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds