Crashdiet

Any Americans on here?

More
1 year 3 months ago #163638 by Eadu
Eadu created the topic: Any Americans on here?
I ordered something that shipped like 2 weeks ago, haven't received it yet. Any Americans here that can give me a rough idea how long things take to ship from Sweden? I don't want to annoy anyone with unnecessary messages if a long shipping time is normal. Thanks!

Waking up with mystery glitter. Win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #163640 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Re:Any Americans on here?
Hey Eadu :). Two weeks to the US sounds slightly longer than average but still too early to feel worried I think, either way I'll have a look as soon as I'm able to, traveling at the moment :). cheers & thanks for the support :)

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

More
1 year 3 months ago #163641 by Eadu
Eadu replied the topic: Re:Any Americans on here?
Pfft...I posted here specifically NOT to bother you, lol. But thank you! And no worries, I'm not in a hurry!

More
1 year 3 months ago #163642 by peterlondon

Eadu wrote: Pfft...I posted here specifically NOT to bother you, lol. But thank you! And no worries, I'm not in a hurry!

... and even though I think your mindset is awesome (I'd do the same thing myself) please be assured that you can reach my anytime at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. regarding things like this :).

BUT, I looked into your order and it actually seems like I haven't even shipped it yet - what you received by e-mail was just an order confirmation I believe? Or? Either way - I'm truly sorry for being this slow - I'm usually way quicker with getting the orders sent out but in this case I was working a lot on 9/26 and 9/27 (I was probably drunk on 24-25/9) and the 28th was my birthday and since then everything has just been a blur :P. I'm traveling at the moment but I'll be at office at some point tomorrow and I'll make sure to have your order shipped first thing once I get there.

Sorry about the delays! & thanks for the support and patience :)

hugs!

//LONDON

The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: Eadu

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #163643 by peterlondon
P.S. I also realized something with the forum e-mail settings are wrong - I changed some settings and I believe you will receive the notification now :). *testing testing*

Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by peterlondon.

More
1 year 3 months ago #163644 by Eadu
Eadu replied the topic: Re:Any Americans on here?
Oh, dear...by 'receiving notifications' do you mean e-mail? I don't actually use e-mail. Got off that Crazy Train several years ago, one of the best decisions I ever made. I have an address, of course, because it's required to sign up for things. But I never check it. The ship date I was looking at was on this website - if I go to the 'shop' page and click on 'your orders' it shows a status, and it says there that the order shipped 9/17. But who knows what that is based on, lol. But this raises another issue - I ordered the NTSC version (I'm American), and noticed after my order that the NTSC option was removed. I was feeling lucky to get the last one, I guess, but where does this leave me now? Can I not get NTSC? Oh, and happy belated birthday, sugar snap!

More
1 year 3 months ago #163645 by friedoctopus
friedoctopus replied the topic: Any Americans on here?
For what it's worth, I've had things take anywhere from four days to a month to ship from Sweden, but around 10 days to 2 weeks seems to be the norm for me. If your order really did ship on the 17th, especially considering that was a Saturday, this timeline is probably perfectly within normal range (assuming you chose standard shipping).

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

More
1 year 3 months ago #163646 by Eadu
Eadu replied the topic: Any Americans on here?
Oh, I'm sure we'll get it sorted. But yeah, I never even looked at the shipping options actually. No reason to be in a hurry. :)

More
1 year 3 months ago #163647 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Any Americans on here?
Ah OK, sorry for my mistake. You actually had two orders from us. The DVD was shipped on 09/17, that's correct. I removed the NTSC versions from our site because I noticed they didn't really work that great anymore (been burning bad copies for a while ;) and lost the original files of course) but nowadays our PAL discs should play on most modern US systems - I wrote you an e-mail about this (but you mentioned you don't read e-mails hehe) so please let me know once you receive it if you can watch it or not, if any problems I'll refund you of course or perhaps you can hook a computer to your TV because it'll play fine that way.... let me know!

Your most recent order from us still isn't shipped but I'm packing it right now and will hand it in to the post office before they close tonight, let's hope this one is way faster :). Sorry about the delay - I'm a mess :P

//LONDON

More
1 year 3 months ago #163649 by Eadu
I got it Friday! I actually had plans Friday night, figured I'd just watch a few minutes of it... Long story short, I ended up ditching my plans. Crashdiet ate my Friday!

No idea if it will play on my TV, because my husband has set up a wall of modular synthesizers in my livingroom. I can only assume there is still a television back there somewhere. Works fine on the computer, though!

I would love to see English translations of some of the dialogue - I bet someone has done that, I will google it. I'd never heard that much Swedish spoken before. It's a very unique sounding language. Clumsy and awkward sounding, yet somehow very sexy at the same time. It sounds a bit like your lips are trying to fuck each other, but your tongue keeps getting in the way. It's adorable. :)

More
1 year 3 months ago #163651 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: Any Americans on here?
Swedish is great!

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
1 year 3 months ago #163658 by Eadu
You know, I'm realizing that's not true - I've heard plenty of Swedish. Just doing the math on Max Von Sydow movies alone, that's a lot. But I guess when you're busy reading subtitles, you miss a lot of nuance. I also had this video tape I watched obsessively as a child, an Ingmar Bergman version of the Magic Flute. But they're mostly singing, so that's different. This was my first experience hearing normal Swedish people having a normal Swedish conversation in normal Swedish.

The chance of me ever learning Swedish is zero, though. I've heard that everyone in Sweden speaks English, and as soon as they find out your American, they start speaking English. If I ever go to Sweden, I'll pretend I only speak Esperanto, and see if that gets me anywhere. Besides, that will probably be more fun than my normal travel tactic as an American - telling everyone I'm Canadian. ;)

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds