Crashdiet

Introduce Yourself

More
7 years 10 months ago #108258 by Lizzy Rose
Lizzy Rose replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
I'm Sophie, I'm 16 and from the UK

I play bass and sing, looking for a band at the moment. i also like to write and am trying to get my first novel published and I work for a UK alternative music magazine called Bubblegum Slut (you've probably seen my failing attempts to advertise it floating around the forum xD) but on that note, if you have any ideas for features or reviews/interviews then let me know!

other than that, I'm at school, hoping to do my A levels at college next year. I've been through episodes of depression over the past two years but seem to be picking up right now; i've had similar ups and downs but i won't go through all those! my favourite bands must be Skid Row, Vain, Crashdiet, Firehouse, HCSS but they change often and I like loads others within the glam/sleaze sound and rock'n'roll. I love going to gigs, London is the main area i go to and it's where I first saw Crashdiet. all this music changed my life :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #108269 by Miss Obscene
Miss Obscene replied the topic: Introduce Yourself

Mrs V. Viper wrote: uhm, since anyone else writes about it too I want to add something:
How I found Crashdiet is a long story but they helped me out of being really fucked up and depressive. I saw them the first time live on new years eve 2009/2010 in Copenhagen, the 3rd concert with Simon if I'm not wrong, and it was a great experience :lol:
Otherwise my taste in music is very wide (and some say weird) I like everything that is good and I don't like "constructed" music (i.e. most pop but also that very technical guitar play of some Metal bands) I like east european and irish folk, Punk, and obviously all that glam n hardrock stuff has a special place in my heart. But I also like eminem alot (you can calm down it's the only hiphop I like) and a couple of alternative bands. My favorites beside Crash are (at the moment): HIM, Gogol Bordello, Anything Jack White has his fingers in, My chemical romance, D-A-D, David Garrett, Johnny Burning, Dope Stars Inc., Ratt, Buzzcocks & Hanoi Rocks.
it changes quite often tho.

I lvoe Eminem too, so you're not alone about that ;)

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

More
7 years 10 months ago #108295 by mrlee
mrlee replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
CRASHDIET to me are what Hanoi Rocks were to Guns N Roses.

No CRASHDIET, no MrLee and any band he has formed.

Big inspiration, great band that kept me interested in modern music throughout the 00s. The shit on offer in England didnt and still doesnt appeal to me, id of gone insane without any new bands to relate to.

More
7 years 10 months ago #108302 by emilio
emilio replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
My name is Emil Johansson, 22 years old. Im from southern part of Sweden, but I live up in the north in the winter. Ice cold here right now, almost froze my toes to death a couple of days ago, cant barely walk now.. Anyway, Im an alpine skiier, trying to make it into the world cup. It aint easy, its a long way to go, but there is defently a chance. In my sparetime I work out a lot, study, listening at music, play bass.

I discovered Crashdiet three years ago, but started to like them a year after that. I dont really know why it took me a year until I started to like them, anyway, now Im stuck. Rest In Sleaze is probably the album that I've listened to most times in my life, can't get enuff. I've seen the band 5 times, first time at Sweden Rock Cruise, and last time in the globe, opening for Ozzy. Except from Crash, I love HCSS, Ratt, Crue, Wasp, and the rest of the 80s rock/metal/glam scene. Also like bands like Dire Straits, The Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rainbow, and a lot of other bands from the 70s.

More
7 years 10 months ago #108348 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Maybe I should write something too. My name is Stine, I'm 18 and from Norway. The place I live is so small that no one have heard about it, but its close to Drammen. My biggest interest is horses. I have been riding for 6-7 years, and I work some weekends in a stable. I also have a shetlandpony named Knut I can use as I want to, but I don't have my own horse. At school I study tourism (like hotels and stuff), but I have no idea what I want to do with my life xD I love music to, but just listen. I can't sing (I like too sing, but I sound like a broken goose) or play any instruments. When it comes to music I like very much different, haha. I like (of course) glam and sleaze, but I have a thing for trance and 80s pop. My favourite band will always be Cinderella.

More
7 years 10 months ago #108409 by Sandy Sikk
Sandy Sikk replied the topic: Introduce Yourself

emilio wrote: Rest In Sleaze is probably the album that I've listened to most times in my life, can't get enuff.

same here!

you're north of heaven
maybe somewhere west of hell

More
7 years 10 months ago #108419 by ivy_deville
ivy_deville replied the topic: Introduce Yourself

Sheila wrote: I'm 18 and from Norway.

AWESOME!!
I haven't seen many Norwegians around, so that's just awesome

:party3:

More
7 years 10 months ago #108461 by Kate Roxx
Kate Roxx replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hej to all.
Great to be here and nice to see at least one familiar face - Sandy I allready got to know via myspace and facebook.

Some words about myself: I've been into Hard Rock/Metal for about 19 years now (I am 28, just started pretty early). Started making music at the age of 12, I am active in two bands. Feel free to ask, if you like to know about that.
Rightnow I work as a freelance journalist, chief editor for a german online-zine called more-metal.com to be exact.
But I am planning to turn pro in the event-business.

Would be really nice to get in contact with more German fans, specially from the Ruhr-Area and of course I enjoy to meet other fans from all over the place.

Have a sleazy sunday
*kram*

/Kate

Profile closed!

More
7 years 10 months ago #108463 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: Introduce Yourself

Kate Roxx wrote: Hej to all.
Great to be here and nice to see at least one familiar face - Sandy I allready got to know via myspace and facebook.

Some words about myself: I've been into Hard Rock/Metal for about 19 years now (I am 28, just started pretty early). Started making music at the age of 12, I am active in two bands. Feel free to ask, if you like to know about that.
Rightnow I work as a freelance journalist, chief editor for a german online-zine called more-metal.com to be exact.
But I am planning to turn pro in the event-business.

Would be really nice to get in contact with more German fans, specially from the Ruhr-Area and of course I enjoy to meet other fans from all over the place.

Have a sleazy sunday
*kram*

/Kate

Expose your bands in that section! What kinda music do you play?

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #108465 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: Introduce Yourself

Kate Roxx wrote: My main band called Sharyn (if you happen to find a user with the same name, that is also me, but I thought I'd be better to go with another name). It is an all-female and we play a kinda mix of Rock and Deathmetal.

The other one is called Foxxy Coxx and as one might guess: We play Sleaze...or at least this is the plan. Since the band just started this week :guitar: :drums: :vocals:

Sorry, just discovered that thread...I will post something there as well!!!

Post your myspace in that thread, I wanna hear :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #108472 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Introduce Yourself

You should "know" mw too, I'm Anna Voss on facebook and we wrote a little on myspace too if I don't confuse you with someone else right now (that sometimes happens, I wrote with a bunch of people because of the streetteam :rolleyes: )

EDIT: great to have you here btw :)

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
7 years 10 months ago #108474 by Kate Roxx
Kate Roxx replied the topic: Introduce Yourself

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

You should "know" mw too, I'm Anna Voss on facebook and we wrote a little on myspace too if I don't confuse you with someone else right now (that sometimes happens, I wrote with a bunch of people because of the streetteam :rolleyes: )

Yeah, sry I just noticed that myself ;)
Nice to see you here as well!

Profile closed!

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds