Crashdiet

Welcome back to crashdiet.org!

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #162804 by peterlondon
peterlondon created the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
Sooo.... After having this new site online for a day or two... I thought it was time to write a little comment on what it is I'm really doing... At this exact moment I seem to kind of know what I'm doing, so I thought it was a good time to write this. :P.

You guys who have been here for a while already know that this forum have been located at many different URL's for quite some time. At first it was forum.crashdiet.org... then it became playground.crashdiet.org... then back to forum.crashdiet.org, and for a short while we where actually back on phpBB, the same software we started with 10 years ago, which I thought was kind of cool... however... the migration of data from the playground forum wasn't really perfect and I was never completely satisfied. Then came issues with my mental health and I just forgot about the site for a while hehe.

Anyways... as you know crashdiet.org has been a pretty static site for quite some time... the idea was to keep that site static, while having fun and hanging out on forum.crashdiet.org instead... however, during the last year I've learned a lot on how to build websites and I wanted to re-create crashdiet.org as it once was, with a forum, photo gallery, video gallery and more... and this is exactly what I'm working on here.

The ultimate goal is to collect every piece of CRASHDÏET related material in existence, here on our very own site.

I'm obviously gonna need help with that. I'm thinking of forming some kind of "Cyber Street Team" who can help me find every interview, album review, concert photo etc ever posted on any website, and post that material here somewhere. I'll obviously figure out the details here soon... Either way, we are gonna need a couple of site managers and forum moderators so if this is anything you'd be up for doing, just shout at me :lol:. All you need is a bit of common sense, lot's of time and a little bit of tech skills :P.

In practice this new crashdiet.org is not officially launched yet but I really appreciate when you guys pop in and perhaps makes a post or two... or just try clicking every button there is and look for mistakes and bugs and errors that needs to be fixed. Feel free to report any weirdness you encounter in this thread!

I will spend a few more days testing and designing this new site and once again, I appreciate if you help out testing stuff too!

Stay in touch!

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by peterlondon.
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: benjapnk, misssleaze, nopeimnotalice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #162806 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
waiiit what, is this a new post :O oh my god if yes i missed you <3 <3 <3 <3

(can this show the update dates again? xD)

i'd love to be moderator this time around. I still have the rights anyways from organising the streetteam section it seems haha. I don't know if i can help as much with actively searching for content as that is so time consuming but i'd love to do everything i used to like translating stuff etc and help organise once the content arrives here if i can, and in generally help with everything i can as much as my (these days kibda busy) schedule allows me.

love <3

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: peterlondon, benjapnk

More
2 years 10 months ago #162810 by julius_leopard
julius_leopard replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
It's nice to see this forum "Back on Trakk" B) .

And, by the way, I remember that mrs viper were doing a great work while moderating this place. I'm also happy to see that she is still around here.

More
2 years 10 months ago #162811 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!

mrs v. viper wrote: waiiit what, is this a new post :O oh my god if yes i missed you <3 <3 <3 <3

(can this show the update dates again? xD)

You're damn right it's a new post :P. I guess, if you view this forum from your mobile phone, a lot of information is stripped out. Which is a good thing. But maybe at least the date of posts should be there hehe. I'll look into that.

mrs v. viper wrote: i'd love to be moderator this time around. I still have the rights anyways from organising the streetteam section it seems haha. I don't know if i can help as much with actively searching for content as that is so time consuming but i'd love to do everything i used to like translating stuff etc and help organise once the content arrives here if i can, and in generally help with everything i can as much as my (these days kibda busy) schedule allows me.

love <3

Yes you're still a super admin haha but I just gave you the moderator title too... Guess I'm gonna need a couple of moderators this time around and I don't know what happened to izzie, haven't been in touch for many years... Either way.... Yes I'm gonna need help with all kinds of things. Both the photo and the videogallery needs to be organized... I think maybe we should have our own forum category for this, where all us "cyber street team" members can hang out and where I can assign tasks I need help with :P. I'll just have to organize my thoughts a little bit and then I'll get back on this subject.

Sending lot's of love back! You have been dearly missed Anna. Hugs!

//LONDON

More
2 years 10 months ago #162816 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
all of this seems sooo exciting now :lol: I'm happy things are getting back to how they are supposed to me in my world.

Haha, I noticed the moderating, thank you! It's so weird seeing my name everywhere :p

The cyber Team section sounds like a great idea, It will help with organising alot i think. I guess we need to develop a good "sorting" system... hmm.

Also @Julius thank you man. You're one if the first Forum members I remember from here. That must be almost 6 years ago now when i signed up (2009) crazyyy shit....

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
2 years 10 months ago #162822 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
As I've said before, I think its soo cool that this place is coming back to life. And its so cool to see all the old people popping back in as well! :lol:

I could help out with the moderating stuff ^^ The words tech skills scare me a little, but I think I have a little bit of skills. haha:lol:

More
2 years 10 months ago #162823 by GlamourSwinexXx
GlamourSwinexXx replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
Dear London,

Hey hey! Firstly, I just want to say I LOVE your 'goal' description- I definitely share a "I want to see everything in one place" mindset with you on that. I've been a diehard Diethead since I first heard Riot in Everyone years ago. I know you probably don't remember me, but you, Martin, and Simon signed my xXx tattoo at the West Chester PA show two years ago haha!

Anyway... I've been away from the forums for a few years unfortunately, life and work has been pretty demanding. But now that I've graduated and somewhat have my life Back on Trakk I would like to offer any help I can to the Crashdiet cause! I'd be honored to be a part of this cool new cyber street team if you'd let me. I'm on my computer literally every evening and have a pretty good breadth of experience when it comes to coding, web/graphic design, video editing, all that fun stuff. My dream job is to make music videos, and I have a website if anyone wants to see... but enough about me haha.

If I can be of assistance with anything at all, please let me know, I'm totally up for helping with anything!
Catchya later,
-Zak

PS- Please don't ever stop being such a fan interactive band member Peter- there is nobody quite as awesome as you!! \m/

\m/ - Metal in a plastic society - \m/
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: peterlondon

More
2 years 10 months ago #162824 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
Hey Zak and welcome bakk!

GlamourSwinexXx wrote: If I can be of assistance with anything at all, please let me know, I'm totally up for helping with anything!

You've got PM :P.

GlamourSwinexXx wrote: PS- Please don't ever stop being such a fan interactive band member Peter- there is nobody quite as awesome as you!! \m/

Thank you, I appreciate hearing that. Thanks for stopping by :P

//LONDON

More
2 years 10 months ago #162835 by PrimalScream91
PrimalScream91 replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
If there is anything I can do to help around here, be it moderating or whatever I'm more than happy to do so!

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

More
2 years 10 months ago #162837 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
Hello everyone! It's so nice to see this place alive again, thanks to our lovely Mr. London. I do have some stuff I could send you (especially from The Savage Playground era) and I'd be very glad to help out as much as I possibly can, but I'm not gonna be active every day due to lack of time - I'm leaving everything and going to another country tomorrow, my last chance in life... Either way, I'll try to check in here once in a while, so you can message me, Peter! And I'll find the stuff for you, my beloved friend :). Best greetings!

More
2 years 10 months ago #162946 by PrimalScream91
PrimalScream91 replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
Really liking the new look of the website Peter! Keep up the good work!

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

More
2 years 10 months ago #162964 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: Welcome back to crashdiet.org!
My goodness! I'm so excited to see things rolling again :3. I've been here for maybe five minutes and I'm already super impressed by everything that's happening!
Kudos for all the behind the scenes work, too :)

peterlondon wrote: The ultimate goal is to collect every piece of CRASHDÏET related material in existence, here on our very own site.

I'm obviously gonna need help with that. I'm thinking of forming some kind of "Cyber Street Team" who can help me find every interview, album review, concert photo etc ever posted on any website, and post that material here somewhere. I'll obviously figure out the details here soon... Either way, we are gonna need a couple of site managers and forum moderators so if this is anything you'd be up for doing, just shout at me :lol:. All you need is a bit of common sense, lot's of time and a little bit of tech skills :P.

I can't promise skills or common sense :p but I would actually really love to help out with this if you still need it. If anything, I think it might be right up my street.

I guess it goes without saying that I have absolutely hoards of photos stowed away (I'm a cyber hoarder) as well as videos I'm pretty sure haven't been shared anywhere. I'm pretty sure that I've also got a stack of magazines with features and stuff and some hi-res scans to go along with it :)

Plus, I've been kicking around this forum for so long that any chance to give back to it would be amazing :3

I've lost track of the number of times I've said this, but if there's anything at all I can do, then just let me know! It's so nice hear from you and to see some familiar faces around. It doesn't matter how long I am away, I always love this place. I hope I've not missed the chance to help out...

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds