Crashdiet

Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival

More
7 years 1 week ago #130293 by emilio
emilio created the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #130294 by Miss Obscene
Miss Obscene replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival
:lol:

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

More
7 years 1 week ago #130297 by emilio
emilio replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival
And an other interview from Sweden Rock: www.expressen.se/1.2464301

Haha, this one is so funny :lol:

More
7 years 1 week ago #130299 by Miss Obscene
Miss Obscene replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival
Haha! These guys are impossible not to love :lol:
The Sweden Rock interviews are going on my top favourites...

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

More
7 years 1 week ago #130300 by Psychobunny
Psychobunny replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival

Miss Obscene wrote: Haha! These guys are impossible not to love :lol:
The Sweden Rock interviews are going on my top favourites...

I second you on that one. Utterly loveable and totally crazy :lol:

I am what I am - go live with it

More
7 years 1 week ago #130307 by ceelina77
ceelina77 replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival
translate my sweedish is awful lol
:)

Your mind is hotter than the fire of sun.Heat so hot that you come undone
.Stale synapses blown like a fuse.Gonna collapses from overuse,Bodies melt together in sync with tone.Pound to the rhythm come skin and bone.Swollen to smolder and ashes to dust. band .16 volt( and ur alone again)

More
7 years 1 week ago #130315 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival
yes please please somone download this, out subs under it and do it on youtubew or something....

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
7 years 1 week ago #130327 by Miss Obscene

emilio wrote: www.expressen.se/1.2464301

Crashdïet Expressen interview – at Sweden Rock Festival

Journalist – Crashdïet, it was so much fun to see you guys yesterday btw!
Eric – Great that you think so.
J - How did it feel for you?
Eric – It felt really, really great actually. Things exploded, things caught fire, there were chain saws being used and even a bike driven on stage. It was sort of like a “prank” gig that we always want to do in every places we go, but can’t of course. But now we had the opportunity so we did it!
J- I was kind of nervous before the gig because I thought that I’d see torture live and stuff like that, but it was actually pretty cool I’ve got to say.
Martin – We have respect for Stryper so we ditched that whole thing, haha
J - Do even you guys have limitations?
Martin – Oh no, haha!
Eric – I don’t think it us who have limitations, it’s more the practical aspect of it. And the budget of course. It gets tight there. We try to do as much as we can for the little cash that we own, haha. Before every gig we always dive into our couches at home trying to collect all the crowns we can get to afford all of the pranks.
J – But you have opened up for Ozzy earlier haven’t you?
Eric- Yep!
J - Did you have time to hang out with him?
Eric – Nope! Haha!
Simon – I did have a plan there. Because his crew stood at the side of the stage next to us. So I started talking with their air hostesses and thought ‘Great, I can go with them backstage and talk to Ozzy!”. But I really needed to take a piss after a while because I was drinking beer all night. And when I got back the last song had been played and everyone had taken off without me. What a fucking bummer.
J - Now you guys are hanging out at festivals a lot as a band, but have you been to festivals just as an audience anything?
Martin – Yeah I mean, that’s what we’re doing right now. We went to the camping right after the gig.
Eric – Yeah we stopped working last night after 7:30 pm. Then I was finished for the day! So I went and put up my tent and popped open a beer, haha.
J - Generation Wild was released just about a year ago and got very good response, Expressen/Martin Karlsson gave it 4 out of 5. And that was the first album with you four together. Was it important for you that it would be a well received album? Did you think of it that way?
Martin – That’s always what we’re thinking. That’s like the biggest goal you have when you’re writing a new album. ‘This is going to be our best one!’.
Eric – Yeah absolutely, if you don’t think that way then you might as well quit the business. You always have to beat what you did before, which of course includes a lot of pressure to succeed. But considering all the blood, sweat and tears we put into this process… of course we were still nervous, but deep down inside we felt like it was so good… ‘If they don’t like this, then we have no idea what to do to’! In that case we’d just start playing in some dance-band instead. Because then you’re just totally off ‘up here in your head’.
J – So you’re saying it is important after all what other people thinks?
Eric– Yeah in this particular case we really needed to be honest with ourselves and realize that, if we can’t get our fans to join us in what we do now, then it’d kind of be like a butcher who cuts in a piece of meat and the customer’s not happy with it – and that’s the only way the butcher knows how to cut the meat! So what the heck is he supposed to do? Then he’ll have to start frying eggs at some bar instead.
S – Make like sausage scrap instead.
E – Yeah exactly!
(And by this point Martin is just looking amused as hell and is probably wondering where all of these food metaphors came from, haha)
E – Yeah sort of, if you get what I mean?
J - Uhh yeah, that’s a good comparison, haha….

More
7 years 1 week ago #130330 by Miss Obscene

emilio wrote: playrapport.se/video/2448671

SVT interview with Crashdïet – at Sweden Rock Festival

Journalist – Now I’m sitting here with Crashdïet who will be on stage a little bit later tonight! And with me I have…
Simon – Simon!
J – And?
Martin – Martin!
J – You guys have gone through some tough years that you now seem to have left behind you. What can you say about the journey Crashdïet has made up until now?
Simon – Well, it’s mostly the other guys who know about this stuff. I’m a bit new in the team so…
J – Ah okay, let’s ask you then!
Martin – I guess you could say that we’ve learned a whole lot. We’ve had a lot of setbacks but got through it and have gotten stronger through the years. And now we have found a lineup that really works for us.
J – You say that you have learned a lot, what are you thinking of then?
Martin – Uhhm…. well yeah.. Haha!
J – Difficult question?
Martin – Yeah that was a difficult question.
J – Let’s talk about music then! Crashdïet today compared to 5-6 years ago, in what way would you say that you put your stamp in this band?
Simon – Well, the idea with the album was that we wanted to go back to the original sleaze rock sound that often is connected to the 80’s. And of course I have been a part of writing the songs, lyrics and melodies, that whole thing. So my melodies and sing character perhaps is affecting this in its own way, of course it must do. It’s just great fun! Fun to be a part of this.
J – The hard rock climate if you compare it now and ten years back, is it stronger or what would you say?
Martin – It feels as if though it is stronger. I was myself hanging out at festivals like this many years ago, and it was a lot of that back then too… but especially the sleaze genre has just exploded in Sweden the past five years or so.
J – Is this the first time your band is playing at this festival?
Martin – This is our second time.
J – And the first time for you?
Simon – Yeah! I have been here many times and been looking forward to being up on that stage some day so finally, it’s happening!
J – What is it that makes Sweden Rock so special among all of these other festivals?
Simon – I don’t know. It’s been a lot of great bands playing here over the years; I’ve simply just liked the bands. So it has been a good place to hang. And this time it’s our turn to play.
J – What do you say? How does it feel to be back again?
Martin – It feels good, it’s always fun to play here. It’s going to explode tonight.
J – Okay, so good luck then!
Martin – Thx
Simon – Thank you!

More
7 years 1 week ago #130333 by Generation_Sleaze
Generation_Sleaze replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival
Oh .. my... god... <3 i Love it <3 This just makes me wanna be there even more!!! :o

~ You got to learn, how to survive
You got to learn, how to keep your dream alive ~

More
7 years 1 week ago #130334 by Queen.Obscene
Queen.Obscene replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival
Thank you for the translation Miss Obscene :lol:
The Interviews are great :)

~ We gonna rock all night until we drop dead ~

More
7 years 1 week ago #130335 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: Interview with Martin and Simon from Sweden Rock Festival
haha I love how the guys thought he was retarded or something

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds