Crashdiet

New interview with Martin Sweet!

More
7 years 3 months ago #126240 by Miss Obscene
Miss Obscene created the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!
www.alltomstockholm.se/start/article2311924.aos
Love this interview! Translation coming up in a few hours :)

I've translated it real quick... here you go...

Crashdiet: Decadent sleaze life on the roads
Martin Sweet reports from the tour with Hardcore Superstar. On Saturday they are finishing it off in Stockholm.
The capitals kings of sleaze Crashdiet is right now playing themselves around Europes most dirty rock places. They are on the road as opening act for Hardcore Superstar and The 69 Eyes.
We cath up with guitarist Martin Sweet before the finale in Stockholm this weekend. The time is half four in the afternoon. He has just woken up.
-In the beginning it was chaos and tough. In England it turned out that we only had 20 minutes of stage time, even though we’d been promised to play just as long as the others. Now it’s starting to work itself out and we get at least 40 minutes. What a mastodontgig…

“Dark Decadence tour” – just a cool slogan or reality?
-In the beginning it was just a catchy slogan, but it has turned out that way. Decadent? Yeeeeaaah… absolutely. But it was more decadent the last time we toured with Hardcore Superstar, 2007. Compared to that we’ve been calm. But there’s been one or two beers…
Tell us an amusing anecdote.
-We had a nice after party in the bus lounge section, the whole of Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar, and did crazy stage dives. Stuff got broken and when I woke up I was completely bruised. Luckily we have some handy guys in the bands who fixed what was broken so we don’t get a bill from the renter.

Is it noticeable that you are the opening act or does the crowd get excited about Crashdiet too?
-People mostly show up to see us and Hardcore Superstar, we’ve noticed. Our t-shirts are for example already sold out. Which was not expected. We are the first band to go on stage every night, but on Cirkus we’ll be playing in the middle.
How do you avoid to get bored on tour?
-Yeah well I sleep like 15 hours a day so there isn’t much ‘dead time’ at all. I sleep more on tour then what I do at home, it’s so damn good.
Feelings before the finale in Stockholm?
-It’s the most important gig to us. Family will be there. Mum and dad in the audience – hell yeah! Then we better behave. What’s stupid is that they will have the most awesome party in Gothenburg the day before for Hardcore Superstar, I’ll try and avoid that one so that I’ll be fresh for our homecoming.
Greeting to the fans in Stockholm?
-It’s going to be so good to come home, have missed you!

“I like calm pubs. If there’s food and beer and its calm, then I’m happy, it can be any damn restaurant. But I recommend Rocks, in the basement to Helene’s krog & bar by Mariatorget. We hang around a lot there. We’ll most likely finish off the tour there after the gig on Cirkus.”

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #126245 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!
"They're having a big party for Hardcore Superstar in Gothenburg"

Does anybody know were? Rockbaren, Sticky Fingers or somewere else?

More
7 years 3 months ago #126249 by TheNewEra
TheNewEra replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!
Pha, sleeping for 15 hours! I think somebody is having a grrreat time :lol:
Btw, probably it's just me but it seems like the time they have been on tour passed by very quickly. It kinda feels like they were in London just yesterday. :)

These are the fairytales of life
Read the story in my eyes

More
7 years 3 months ago #126250 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!

Miss Obscene wrote: . In England it turned out that we only had 20 minutes of stage time, even though we’d been promised to play just as long as the others.

I had a hunch that they'd not been told they were getting 20 minutes D:
Oh well, Diet & HCSS absolutely put the 69 Eyes to shame.

Thanks for the translations, Missy!

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

More
7 years 3 months ago #126252 by Miss Obscene
Miss Obscene replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!

XiLaii wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote: . In England it turned out that we only had 20 minutes of stage time, even though we’d been promised to play just as long as the others.

I had a hunch that they'd not been told they were getting 20 minutes D:
Oh well, Diet & HCSS absolutely put the 69 Eyes to shame.

Thanks for the translations, Missy!

Yeah that's what I thought too since Peter said they'd play equally longs sets. Don't like it at all that they were fooled like this. But happy it all worked out :)

No problem!

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

More
7 years 3 months ago #126253 by XiLaii

Miss Obscene wrote: Yeah that's what I thought too since Peter said they'd play equally longs sets. Don't like it at all that they were fooled like this. But happy it all worked out

Yeah, it sucks that whoever is responsible did that to them ;___;
Still, the positives are they reached a whole bunch of potential new fans and have made a killing on their shirts? :3

Photo Blog // Flickr

More
7 years 3 months ago #126254 by Miss Obscene
Miss Obscene replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!

XiLaii wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote: Yeah that's what I thought too since Peter said they'd play equally longs sets. Don't like it at all that they were fooled like this. But happy it all worked out

Yeah, it sucks that whoever is responsible did that to them ;___;
Still, the positives are they reached a whole bunch of potential new fans and have made a killing on their shirts? :3

Truly awesome :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #126288 by Livingdead4life
Livingdead4life replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!

Miss Obscene wrote: www.alltomstockholm.se/start/article2311924.aos

I like calm pubs. If theres food and beer and its calm, then Im happy, it can be any damn restaurant. But I recommend Rocks, in the basement to Helenes krog & bar by Mariatorget. We hang around a lot there. Well most likely finish off the tour there after the gig on Cirkus.

Seems like we have a place to crash after the gig :lol:

It´s hard to light a candle, its easy to curse the dark instead!

More
7 years 3 months ago #126296 by Kraljosovina
Kraljosovina replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!

Miss Obscene wrote: www.alltomstockholm.se/start/article2311924.aos

Feelings before the finale in Stockholm?
-It’s the most important gig to us. Family will be there. Mum and dad in the audience – hell yeah! Then we better behave.

“I like calm pubs. If there’s food and beer and its calm, then I’m happy, it can be any damn restaurant. But I recommend Rocks, in the basement to Helene’s krog & bar by Mariatorget. We hang around a lot there. We’ll most likely finish off the tour there after the gig on Cirkus.”

And how bad do I wish I was going to Stockholm too? Ghaaaa! At least then I would have known where to go after the gig :lol: Now where the hardcore superstar party is I have no idea :8 Would be nice to know :)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

More
7 years 3 months ago #126297 by XiLaii

Kraljosovina wrote: And how bad do I wish I was going to Stockholm too?

You're not the only one D:

Photo Blog // Flickr

More
7 years 3 months ago #126304 by marko w.a.m.
marko w.a.m. replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!
Thanks for the translation :) Nice little interview :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #126322 by Generation_Sleaze
Generation_Sleaze replied the topic: New interview with Martin Sweet!
I'm going to the gig in gothenburg tomorrow.. But i would so wanna go to the gig in stockholm too!!! :o
Shame they're playing first in gothenburg too ._. I'd like them in the middle or in the end.. savin' the best for last you know ;)
But i'm absolutley lookin' forward to the gig tomorrow!

~ You got to learn, how to survive
You got to learn, how to keep your dream alive ~

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds