Crashdiet

Illegal Rarities vol. I

More
4 years 7 months ago #161906 by glam_junkie
glam_junkie replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
I think it's awesome this is released.
No one is forced to buy it or listen to it, but I bought my copy immediately after seeing it for sale.
Regardless of if these are available for download or elsewhere I'm glad the band has released it. I don't download or burn CDrs for listening very often at all so I'm excited the band has decided to release some stuff from years gone by in official format.

Looking forward to vol 2!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #161957 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
Just got mine today, it looks great! no lyrics included but quite abit of love...

So glad this has been done!

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
4 years 7 months ago #162062 by BiGASsS
BiGASsS replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
Hi there everybody! My name is Igors. ;)

I am not usually chatty, I'm more a reader, so that's why this is my first post, I think?! :lol:
Been around for many years, and even longer a fan of Crash, from like 2005, I think, some time before RIS was released.
Wanted to write my first post for many years but something always put me away... Maybe that's good because sometimes in some threads it's a big desire to write some stronger words for someones reply... :lol:
But all that actually doesn't matter... :P

Mostly I wanted to say that yesterday I received my copy of ''Illegal Rarities: Volume 1'' w/ awesome sticker and I am super happy to have it!! \m/
I love the remastered versions of the songs from original EP (would like to mention that I also have the original EP from 2003, so I know the sound of those versions) as well as 3 bonus tracks which I also had in ''demo'' quality as many of other fans...

Yes, maybe some guitars, some aspects are lost in remastering, I'm not so professional with instruments as I see some of people here are... :)
But I can tell you one thing: old demos with that quality n stuff was truly understood only by real Crash fans and people who admired Dave, his vocals and personality, BUT... The new remastered versions of the songs will also be loved by people who like to listen only very good quality music! :) So that means more people for the fanbase who are loving new stuff and now will be loving also old stuff! ;) That's good in any way! :)
I'm super happy about everything released on CDs, so I am even more excited for upcoming next volumes some time! :P Already pre-ordering them in my sick mind! :lol: \m/

I hope someone got my idea! :lol: I mostly agree with Anna, Dakota, katribear and glam_junkie, but partly somewhere in context maybe with others also! ;) As katribear already said, some of remastered songs I also put like some different songs because... Previous versions were DEMOS, and these ones are the OFFICIAL ones kinda... :) It's cool to listen to both versions sometimes))) But people who don't have old demo ones, they will just LOVE THOSE NEW ONES ANYWAY!! \m/

Cheers n keep listenin' to CRASHDIET,
Igors.

More
4 years 6 months ago #162073 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I

BiGASsS wrote: Hi there everybody! My name is Igors. ;)

I am not usually chatty, I'm more a reader, so that's why this is my first post, I think?! :lol:
Been around for many years, and even longer a fan of Crash, from like 2005, I think, some time before RIS was released.
Wanted to write my first post for many years but something always put me away... Maybe that's good because sometimes in some threads it's a big desire to write some stronger words for someones reply... :lol:
But all that actually doesn't matter... :P

Mostly I wanted to say that yesterday I received my copy of ''Illegal Rarities: Volume 1'' w/ awesome sticker and I am super happy to have it!! \m/
I love the remastered versions of the songs from original EP (would like to mention that I also have the original EP from 2003, so I know the sound of those versions) as well as 3 bonus tracks which I also had in ''demo'' quality as many of other fans...

Yes, maybe some guitars, some aspects are lost in remastering, I'm not so professional with instruments as I see some of people here are... :)
But I can tell you one thing: old demos with that quality n stuff was truly understood only by real Crash fans and people who admired Dave, his vocals and personality, BUT... The new remastered versions of the songs will also be loved by people who like to listen only very good quality music! :) So that means more people for the fanbase who are loving new stuff and now will be loving also old stuff! ;) That's good in any way! :)
I'm super happy about everything released on CDs, so I am even more excited for upcoming next volumes some time! :P Already pre-ordering them in my sick mind! :lol: \m/

I hope someone got my idea! :lol: I mostly agree with Anna, Dakota, katribear and glam_junkie, but partly somewhere in context maybe with others also! ;) As katribear already said, some of remastered songs I also put like some different songs because... Previous versions were DEMOS, and these ones are the OFFICIAL ones kinda... :) It's cool to listen to both versions sometimes))) But people who don't have old demo ones, they will just LOVE THOSE NEW ONES ANYWAY!! \m/

Cheers n keep listenin' to CRASHDIET,
Igors.

Nice to see a new post from an old fan! Hang out more man!
And what I worthy post it was!

As us crash-fans know more than anyone, line-up changes, reissues, comebacks etc. They all tend to split fans, opionion wise. I find this really interesting actually and I do agree with you that say it's too much for songs we've already had! But there is also and always have been a charm in the way crashdiet deals with demos, that is what I have to say is the bottom line. From the Pre RIS era up until now, they have been releasing demos, which is something quite unique and perhaps worth valueing?

I like all the rest searched out all these demos because I never had the opportunity to buy the real thing. But being a demo freak like always I got this thing, (illegaly I might add, and don't hate me for it. I've supported this band immensly over the years. I've bought SO many t-shirts and went to alot of shows, bought records etc.)

But I mean I still get this reissue just because of the different production, I just like the fact that I can spot new and extremely suttle nuances in my old favourites. I mean, sure the optimal thing would have been to rerelease it with both untouched and remastered songs. But after all? Don't we all just want everything the band has ever put out?

Fan out man! haha :lol:

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
3 years 5 months ago #162592 by roystar
roystar replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
It sounds great in my opinion. :)

Love to have this cd in hands

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds