Crashdiet

Illegal Rarities vol. I

More
4 years 1 month ago #161781 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
And the clean guitar is almost inaudible.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #161788 by MissHurricane
MissHurricane replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
All that stuff about "too much business" etc.... seriously, I don't get it. From what I have read at the facebook page, boys released it on their own, which means no promotion etc., making the whole thing even more fan friendly from my point of view. I'm a fan only for one year and I've never heard the most of the songs before so bet you I'm glad there is an opportunity for me to get them. Of course I'd rather watch or listen to some sneak peak from the new stuff but hey, this is cool enough! :) I just wish I wasn't completely broke right now, I'm afraid it will be all gone before I get my payment :(
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by MissHurricane.

More
4 years 1 month ago #161793 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
kinda sad about the reactions here I must say.

It feels like people don't realise how special the original crashdiet was, und what a piece of music history happened t the time. Crashdiet now is a completely different band, that wouldn't be existent in it's form today if it wasn't for back then. You just can't compare releasing this to just revisiting the past of "burnt out bands".. it's already so not happening the same way anymore. it's paying tribute...

even more nostalgic now, really can't understand why peopel don't get what's happening with this release :S

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
4 years 1 month ago #161808 by Justin Kicks
Justin Kicks replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I

mrs v. viper wrote: even more nostalgic now, really can't understand why peopel don't get what's happening with this release :S

Exactly couldn't agree more.. It all started with saying hey it is has been 10 years since Crashdiet has been a band. It is a great reflection of what this band is, has been, and will be. People used to clamor about these songs and the unreleased demos, but now that they are out in this format it seems like people are being so negative about it. Kind of confusing?!

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

More
4 years 1 month ago #161809 by katribear
katribear replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I

mrs v. viper wrote: even more nostalgic now, really can't understand why peopel don't get what's happening with this release :S

Don't worry Anna, I'm pretty sure there is tons of people who have more exited view on this release, me included, but they haven't voiced their opinion yet. :)

I must admit that I'm one of the people who has heard all those songs before, but I still bought the CD. From my point of view, buying the CD is only right thing to do (I must stop my tought there, and mention that it's extremely difficult to write when there is a kid trying to climb on top of your head.) OK, so most bands are trying to make their living out of their music, so my reasoning is, that in order to hear more stuff from them, I have to support them by buying their music rather than go for the illegal download sites. I just want to make my contribution, so that the bands I like don't quit because they can't affor to live out of their music and choose to do something else instead.

I'm also happy to hear the remastered versions of the songs. I guess I'm a bit of a succer for hearing all the different versions of all the songs I've heard. :P

And for those people who think that the 17.51 Euros is too much, hands up, how many of you put more money down your throats when you are having a night out, and is it too much money then? Come on, CD is a CD after all, and it will be with you for much longer time than the beer and won't give your a hangover the next day. ;)

And for the sell out part, selling only 999 copies won't make anyone millionare. In fact, it makes only 17 492.49 Euros profit, but the net profit will be only a fraction of that, because of production costs, taxes, etc. My prediction is that you can calculate it in only months in which this release will keep the band financially sound. And besides, you can be "a non sell out band" if it's only a hobby, or if you are in the age group you can ask your parents the money for rent, but neither of those relly applies for the guys in Crashdiet. And here we are coming back to the fact, that you need money so that you can eat and have a roof over your head. I don't think too many of us would do our jobs for free...

More
4 years 1 month ago #161812 by mrs v. viper
@Katribear: exactly!

I remember several threads on here where people asked where they could buy this songs, where they could pay for it etc... what happened?
Even when oyu don't like the remastering, thats not even the point...

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

More
4 years 1 month ago #161817 by PrimalScream91
PrimalScream91 replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
I've been a Crash fan for quite a long time (much longer than my forum involvement) and I remember back when I first discovered that there was this long list of demos out there for those who looked hard enough. The memories of first listening to songs like "California White" and "Crazy Nites" still stick in my head as I can remember thinking "why haven't these been released yet?!?!" Now that the day has come that they are finally being released people seem a bit mixed on the subject.

Why should we spend our hard earned money on something that we've been able to get for free for almost a decade?
As much as I understand where people are coming from here we must understand that as fans we have been extremely fortunate when it comes to things like this. There is enough demos from the Dave Lepard era alone for the band to have released another album (with no filler mind you) after his death and still had songs left over. We have been living off of how many free demos for the past years? More than most bands would ever allow. I feel that after this long the band deserves to collect on this, and as fans, we should support that. They're not "selling out," just cashing in on something that is long over due.

When I first started collecting these demos I remember thinking "why doesn't the band just release them all and be done with it?" But now that I've had the experience of finding these old demos, I'm afraid that if they had released them years ago we would have taken them for granted. When I would find a few songs that I hadn't heard I would listen to them non stop because they were a part of history of this band that we all love. I still look for demos today, and on the rare occasion that I find something that I don't already have, I get this childish smile on my face when I first hear it. The experience of digging for these demos was extremely fun but it's time they see a proper release.

As for the mastering of these tracks I have mixed feelings. "Too Hot To Stop" has changed from this sleazy little song to this massive anthem with huge vocals. In the original demo, Peters bass was very prominent (especially in the intro) and that was always something that liked about that song, now it is almost lost in the mix. Dave's vocals were so much rawer in the demo than they are in this reissue, and I feel like some of his nuances are lost in the remastering. All that being said, I can't wait to get this in my hands and hope that "Illegal Rarities Volume 2 -?" are released sooner rather than later.

In the end would I have liked for some old Dave songs that we've never hear of before be released on this? Sure! But it seems appropriate for the first release of this kind to be a re-release of their first EP.

Would I have loved to see the ORIGINAL demos (with Mace, Tom, and Mary) be released? Never going to happen, but yes!

Am I glad that these songs are finally being made available to those that might not have the time or energy to search for them on countless sites? You bet your ass I am!

Just my opinion.

//Dakota

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

More
4 years 1 month ago #161818 by mrs v. viper
thanks Dakota, you said everything I felt but couldn't really put in words.

More
4 years 1 month ago #161852 by katribear
As it seems that only the guys are complaining about the remasterings of the songs, it just made me wondering if guys listen music differently than girls, because even if I hear the difference between the original Too Hot To Stop and the remastered version of it, I can't really say that I would like one version better than the other. For me it feels like I have acquired just a new song to my collection, like they are 2 differnet songs, and I can keep them separate from each other.

I have also always felt that guys are much more aware of the little details in the songs. For example, my husband is into very technical bands, and he can hear if someone plays even a one note wrong. I on the other had don't like if bands get too technical, because in my opinion it makes the music more mechanical and less human. I like to listen music that has some emotional value to me.

Starting to get really out of topic, so better stop here. Sorry!

More
4 years 1 month ago #161855 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
Not at all. To me the feeling of the songwriting is much more important. I listen to some very lo-fi music so I'm not just out to complain.
But if I am going to pay for an album that I know can sound splendid but instead sounds kinda crappy I feel fooled.
Why would I buy this when just burning an mp3 onto a CD-R but with the original mix would sound better?
I generally don't care. But re-issues should be done right.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
4 years 1 month ago #161882 by katribear
@GunsNCrüeSWE
OK, even though I'm not agreeing with you, I can kind of see why you are so upset about the release Illegal Rarities vol.1. ;) I hope you don't lose your faith on the band though, because I'm pretty sure their intention wasn't to piss off anyone with the release of these old songs. They must have some kind of reason (other than greed, I hope) for why they are doing the things the way they are doing them.

More
4 years 1 month ago #161905 by mrs v. viper

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: right.

there are different defintions of "right" tho. Yours certainly isn't the only one,pretty sure Martin's is different haha.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds