Crashdiet

Illegal Rarities vol. I

More
4 years 7 months ago #161753 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper created the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
We are on a bands forum and don't even talk about their freshest release, you do realise this is pretty poor right? :lol:

seriously how excited are you?
Many of us (if not most) have heard these songs before, but I think having them on a physical record with packaging and all that is pretty amazing! We've been waiting so long for something like that and the "vol. 1" implies there might be a vol. 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 :lol: (I'm trying to get not too excited)
Not too mention that this is gonna be better mixed and greta sound quality and all that.

What are you most excited about? What song do you really want to here revisited production wise?
I kind of hope the lyrics will be included after we spend so much time figuring some of them out that would be a nice bonus.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #161761 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
Weren't all those lyrics found on the old crashdiet site via wayback machine.
I'm not that excited. I'm often not too fond of remasters. Often they sound worse, with few exceptions to prove the rule. Like Watain - Casus Luciferi and Godflesh - Streetcleaner.
I really loved the old Queen Obscene. With the raw guitar sound.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
4 years 7 months ago #161764 by Justin Kicks
Justin Kicks replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
It is a bit of a struggle for me.. I think it is great for fans that may have never heard these songs before! Which I think there are quite a bit out there. (probably not on this forum, but surely some) For myself I think the sound quality and remastering is awesome and makes these demos fresh for 2014, but at the same time I've grown used to the original sound and the original demo bootlegs. Those old downloads that I scoured the web for shortly after discovering and falling in love with Crashdiet mean a whole lot to me. They were not easy to find when I originally searched for them. Now they are much easier to find with many different versions and compilations of them. The raw and rough sound are part of the charm and party of the mystique of the original Crashdiet demo.

Now this doesn't mean I don't want to pick one of these limited presses up because after all it is a cool collectors item and a really awesome chance to have a piece of Crashdiet history. It also doesnt mean that I'm against the remastering of the tracks cuz I think they sound amazing now.. or at least from what I've heard. And as I said above, I know there are lots of newer fans that may have never heard or even knew about this demo, so this is a great opportunity for those fans to experience some good old fashion Crashdiet.

(Sorry to be long winded)

And as far as this being volume 1 and the thought of being more volumes coming in the future is great. There are so many demos out there with some amazing song writing on them that deserve to have a proper release and deserve to be heard by many many fans new and old.

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

More
4 years 7 months ago #161766 by julius leopard
julius leopard replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
To be honest, I probably won't buy this one. I'm sorry but 22€ are too much for 8 songs which I already have and listened to for years...

What is happening? I see too much business behind Diet's music these days...

I'm sure lots of people won't agree with me but I feel a bit disapointed.

Just my two cents... Cheers guyz!

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #161767 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: I'm not that excited. I'm often not too fond of remasters.

Same here, not a fan of reissues either or releasing too much stuff from the past, what takes time that could be used on writing new music for example. Don't get me wrong, this surely is a cool thing for many fans, especially that it is a limited edition CD, but I'd rather hear snippets of new songs and see pictures of the boys working on new material (perhaps they're doing it but we don't know) instead ;). Compilations like that are good when bands have nothing new to offer and are close to finishing career (being sentimental about good early days), what is obviously not the case with CRASHDÏET. I still hope they will release a DVD from Savage era nonetheless, as they keep doing after every tour :).

Edit: agree with you julius leopard too.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by martinkrush.

More
4 years 7 months ago #161768 by GunsNCrüeSWE

Marmetal wrote:

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: I'm not that excited. I'm often not too fond of remasters.

Same here, not a fan of reissues either or releasing too much stuff from the past, what takes time that could be used on writing new music for example. Don't get me wrong, this surely is a cool thing for many fans, especially that it is a limited edition CD, but I'd rather hear snippets of new songs and see pictures of the boys working on new material (perhaps they're doing it but we don't know) instead ;). Compilations like that are good when bands have nothing new to offer and are close to finishing career (being sentimental about good early days), what is obviously not the case with CRASHDÏET. I still hope they will release a DVD from Savage era nonetheless, as they keep doing after every tour :).

Edit: agree with you julius leopard too.

I don't know. I would have loved if they reissued the first demo. But with Out of line and Riot in Everyone. And of course with the original artwork. This one looks like a photoshop mess to me.
And vinyl.... Please vinyl.....

Let the light bless and

More
4 years 7 months ago #161770 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I

julius leopard wrote: What is happening? I see too much business behind Diet's music these days...

I think it's a bit sad people say that kind of stuff. It happens everytime a band is on the verge of being able to live off their music. People need to be aware of this, a band can only keep touring all the time and release new stuff they if theyndon't have day jobs to pay their bills. A person can only do so much in 24 hours. And to be able to live off only making music it needs to be a business... I know where you are coming from, I hate when bands start to sell meet and greets and stuff it feels like prostitution. I wasn't a fan of that name in the booklet thing myself... but this?!

Fans, including many people on this board asked for a official release of this stuff for years and now it's there but there seems to be a lot of negativity...? Seems like they can't satisfy anyone these days...

Marmetal wrote: when bands have nothing new to offer and are close to finishing career (being sentimental about good early days),

I'd agree with any other band. But Dave Lepard sadly has nothing new to offer, doesn't he... :S

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

More
4 years 7 months ago #161771 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
I look forward to get it. I've heard all the songs before, but its gonna be cool to hear them in a better quality as well. :lol: I absolutely hope that the vol. 1 thing means that there will be more volumes. And the collector in me (it just kicks in sometimes, its not to stuctured) likes this very much. I love having things that may be hard to get later, and just to have lots of things. :lol:

More
4 years 7 months ago #161773 by julius leopard
julius leopard replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
I get your point Viper. But I'm a bit scared because I see an unofficial release for sale every now.

How much time has passed since the last "hey buy this now"?

I'm not totally against this kind of stuff... I mean, nobody is forced nor bound to buy it. But sometimes it seems like Crashdiet has lost the way and got attracted by the market thing. And this isn't Crashdiet!

Do you remember the line "be yourself not a puppet in their freak show"? And the one that say "I can't stand be in the spotlight?"

I know that fans kept asking for the old demos to be re-released. So why sell only 8 tracks?

Don't get me wrong. I still love these guys but I'm just scared by those fancy banners.

More
4 years 7 months ago #161774 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I
underground music scene can be fucking strict. You can't do this, you can't do that or you're a "sell out". You can become a puppet to those rules aswell.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #161777 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: Illegal Rarities vol. I

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: And of course with the original artwork. This one looks like a photoshop mess to me.

It doesn't look the best to me either, if you ask me.

mrs v. viper wrote:

Marmetal wrote: when bands have nothing new to offer and are close to finishing career (being sentimental about good early days),

I'd agree with any other band. But Dave Lepard sadly has nothing new to offer, doesn't he... :S

I thought that's obvious enough, so I didn't even point it out. What I mean is - in my opinion the best time to revisit the past and release old things is when a band feels "burned out", and I believe guys in CRASHDÏET still have a lot of hunger to write new music :).

mrs v. viper wrote: underground music scene can be fucking strict. You can't do this, you can't do that or you're a "sell out". You can become a puppet to those rules aswell.

Yeah, I agree here. You can't please everyone, there always will be someone complaining. When certain band becomes succesful, people tend to say "they sold out", what's ridiculous and annoys me a lot. After all, real fans support their heroes so they can achieve their goals, unless the band does things only for commercial benefits instead of creating honest art.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by martinkrush.

More
4 years 7 months ago #161780 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Just listened to the remastered Too Hot To Stop. Sounds freaking terrible. The original mix was much better. In this version the raw treble edge on the guitar is gone, and the solo guitar stands out too much.

Let the light bless and

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds