Crashdiet

Savage Playground.... About the production

More
5 years 2 months ago #157109 by glam_junkie
glam_junkie replied the topic: Savage Playground.... About the production
I wonder now that Peter is back online on the forum whether he's able to give us more of an insight into the production of The Savage Playground?

Even as recently as just last week I had someone say to me "I finally heard the last crashdiet album. What was up with the production?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #157112 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Savage Playground.... About the production
I'd be intrested too, but does anybody else who was a little astonished first totally not hear it anymore too?

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
5 years 1 month ago #157119 by glam_junkie

mrs v. viper wrote: I'd be intrested too, but does anybody else who was a little astonished first totally not hear it anymore too?

I still hear it but I take the album for what it is.
It's not a massive issue to me, but i always still wonder what it would have sounded like with production like Generation Wild.

I do find that it can however be a bigger issue to people who may only be casual crashdiet listeners.

More
5 years 1 month ago #157133 by martinkrush
martinkrush replied the topic: Savage Playground.... About the production
I actually like that kind of raw production, it has a live feeling to it. Of course it's not as "slick" as on Generation Wild but I take it as a little experiment with sound, not really a bad one actually. It makes me think a bit of Metallica's ...And Justice For All which also is a controversial album when it comes to production. But then it is what it was supposed to be, just like Savage. We can wonder how would it sound with a different production but at the same time it's what makes that album unique. It's there for a reason! ;)

More
5 years 1 month ago #157288 by riKki reKkless
riKki reKkless replied the topic: Savage Playground.... About the production
I‘ve heard from a lot of people, that they prefer a raw, original sound and don‘t like it that overproduced, but I actually really go for it. Even though I like that clean, well produced sound, I like the sound of TSP, but I thought on a record like TUR for exaple, that the bass sounded much better. I fuckin‘ love Peters sound on this record.

More
5 years 1 month ago #157321 by glam_junkie
but does being raw sounding have to take away from the clarity?

More
5 years 1 month ago #157324 by Justin Kicks
Justin Kicks replied the topic: Savage Playground.... About the production

glam_junkie wrote: but does being raw sounding have to take away from the clarity?

This right here..

I'm perfectly okay with the raw sound, but when i downloaded the mp3 files from itunes it was impossible for me to crank up the album without hearing a bunch of noise and muffling up the sound. Once I finally got the album in the mail I immediately downloaded it and made them lossless files rather than mp3s and it made a world of difference for clarity. In the end I think the album could have been a little more "polished" while still maintaining the raw edgy live feel. Keep the mistakes on some of the solos and don't worry about perfecting every last note, but also allow the album to sound phenomenal when cranked up on the stereo

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

More
5 years 1 month ago #157327 by riKki reKkless

glam_junkie wrote: but does being raw sounding have to take away from the clarity?

I probably used the wrong word to describe.

More
5 years 1 month ago #157328 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Savage Playground.... About the production

riKki reKkless wrote: ...but I thought on a record like TUR for exaple, that the bass sounded much better. I fuckin‘ love Peters sound on this record.

Thanks! No amps were used for the bass, only line in straight to the board and tons of plugins. Amps are overrated. :)

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

More
5 years 1 month ago #157337 by IzzyReid
IzzyReid replied the topic: Savage Playground.... About the production

peterlondon wrote: Amps are overrated. :)

Agreed! But you sure as hell have to know how to use plugins if you go straight to the board, or it will end up sounding flat and boring

More
5 years 1 month ago #157339 by riKki reKkless

peterlondon wrote:

riKki reKkless wrote: ...but I thought on a record like TUR for exaple, that the bass sounded much better. I fuckin‘ love Peters sound on this record.

Thanks! No amps were used for the bass, only line in straight to the board and tons of plugins. Amps are overrated. :)

//LONDON

Haha, I go along with you on this one! We‘re recording right now and do it the same way. Our producer even bought a Kemper for the guitars.

More
4 years 8 months ago #161510 by RATT88
RATT88 replied the topic: Savage Playground.... About the production
I prefer the more produced crashdiet albums, but its still a very good album though.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds