Crashdiet

Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground

More
5 years 1 day ago #151414 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
Haha, you dislike the songs I like kinda most, Maybe not so much Tikket, but yeah :lol:

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 20 hours ago - 5 years 20 hours ago #151471 by Mezziw
Mezziw replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
Okay, just listened whole album and this is just what I was waiting for!
It's good old Crashdiet album and definitely worth to relase, so this is not a "mistake album".
It takes some time to get used to these songs and find the favourites and spot the great little details!
And I must say, lyrics are awesome!

If I must say one not so good thing, that I kept missing more those kickass screamings from Simon! But I think those will come in gigs. (Just like in end of Cocaine Cowboys)

Great album and I cannot wait to hear these live! I think these songs are even more great live! Good job guyz and keep rocking!!!

(Sorry my bad english, I hope someone can understand what I'm trying to say! :lol:)

Well, there's blood on the carpet an' holes in the walls:
Well, it must've been them pills I took.
Yeah, the mirrors are all busted an' someone's cryin':
It must've been them pills I took.
Last Edit: 5 years 20 hours ago by Mezziw.

More
5 years 17 hours ago #151488 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
Gotta say that I'm much more satisfied with the production of this one than GW.

Also, the strongest part of almost every song is the bridge, haha. Only listened through it once yet though.

More
5 years 15 hours ago #151500 by Mayte
Mayte replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
I need to listen the album more to make an opinion.
In general I love it.
I disagree with some opinions, I don't like so much California, but I have to listen the cd more.
My favourite is Snakes in Paradise, but I love Anarchy!

More
5 years 14 hours ago #151503 by Hertsi88
Hertsi88 replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
Album arrived today, i will give review soon as i have listened it ;)

More
5 years 14 hours ago #151506 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
All in all I love the album. :lol: It took me some time to get into some of the songs, but some of them have become favourites by now. I liked Cocaine Cowboys before I heard it on the album, and Anarchy was an instant favourite. Also Drinkin' Without You was one of the first that stuck to my head. Excited took me some time to get into, but now I love it.
I wasnt really sure about what to think about California, but I like that one too. It kinda reminds me of a pop-song (not too good at explaining things, but its something about the chorus, it sounds like it could have been a pop song, but the band really manages to save it). I really like Circus and Sin City too. :lol: (I think I just mentioned almost all the songs. I could just have said that I like all of them haha)
The song I like least is Snakes in paradise, it was a bit too heavy/dark for me. But I like it better now than the first time I heard it.

More
5 years 13 hours ago #151511 by Justin Kicks
Justin Kicks replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground

izzie wrote: Also, the strongest part of almost every song is the bridge, haha. Only listened through it once yet though.

I've always thought that Crashdiet had really strong bridge parts in their songs, and yeah this album keeps that trend going.

Also with each listen this Album gets better and better! I keep finding little subtle things that make each song better! Great work fellas..

I've heard the California is gonna be the next single, and I think that is a damn good idea because it has serious mainstream potential.

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

More
5 years 13 hours ago #151517 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground

Justin Kicks wrote:
Also with each listen this Album gets better and better! I keep finding little subtle things that make each song better! Great work fellas..

Yes, I have the same feeling too - again. It's getting better and better the more you listen to it! :)

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

More
5 years 13 hours ago #151522 by Hertsi88
Hertsi88 replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
Im listening this to the first time and its awesome! if it gets better than this then im speechless..

More
5 years 13 hours ago #151524 by icey
icey replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
I don't know what to make of this album, to be honest. At first listen, it doesn't really sound like Crashdïet to me. There's so (too?) much going on. Experimental vocals and lyrics, tempo changes... the instruments are pretty sloppy performed.

I already stated this upon listening to the Amazon-samples, but I'll say it again - I don't get the same feeling from this as I did with the Rest In Sleaze and Generation Wild albums. You could almost smell the leather, gasoline and attitude oozing off of those albums. This new album is alot more experimental and... "shattered".

It's not bad by any means - it's just a new kind of sound. I need to let it sink in a bit more before giving a fair review. "California" sounds great though. Great track.

More
5 years 12 hours ago #151526 by Sleaz
Sleaz replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
It's dirtier than GW, which i like. You can hear that the guys has grown more, and it's just making it better by the far

More
5 years 12 hours ago - 5 years 12 hours ago #151536 by icey
icey replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
Well. I think this album has legs - meaning it will keep growing for people, and eventually become a fan favorite for many. I personally prefer the tighter sound of Generation Wild (more time spent on getting good takes in the studio), but I can understand if other people prefer this sloppier rawer sound. I think it suits some songs and others not.

Stand-out tracks for me are "California" and "Sin City". The latter is probably the most straight-forward fun rocker on the album, and "California" is the perfect choice for a second single as it's one of the more catchy songs on the album.

I don't know what they were thinking doing this album. It feels like a concept album almost. It's progressive in parts, and there is alot of sampling going on through-out the songs. Simon delivers vocally - he sounds really confident on this record.

It's good. Initially I feel like giving it maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10. Maybe it will grow on me.

(I gotta give a nod to "Liquid Jesus" too. That's a pretty good fun song. I love the middle part with the gospel-like backing vocals, the organ and the harmonica.)
Last Edit: 5 years 12 hours ago by icey.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds