Crashdiet

Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground

More
5 years 8 months ago #150586 by peterlondon
peterlondon created the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
We're anxious to hear what our active forum members think about our new album of course!

Why don't you start, Chardonay?

:)

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #150592 by Chardonaytje
Chardonaytje replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
uh oh! Me writing reviews :S

Okay uhmm...First time i listend it today i was a bit dissapointed , hmmm wel i think i had a to high expentation of it.

It sounds diffrent than im use to hear from you guys, there a bit sing a long songs and i dont know how you call it but i would call it catchy melodys.
But after hearing it 2 times i kinda start to like it (sorry that i took so long :P)
My oppinion about the songs:
Change The world - Nice song! think i have to listen this song some more times to really like it cuz Simon voice sounds diffrent here its not raw but also not angried... have to get use to it i think.... (the bridge sounds cool)
Cocaine Cowboys - Well everyone heard this song, its catchy and awsome lyrics :)
Anarchy - okay i really like this song cuz it has cool guitar and bass riffs and Simon singin sounds great again!
Calafornia - love the way Simon sings haha Sounds almost sweet when it's so wrong :lol: and the Beat is great!
Lickin Dog - nice way to begin a song with those lyrics haha! the lyrics are really wrong but really true!
Circus - love the Guitar/Bass and drums but think the way Simon sings is weird but funny... but the Lyrics are great!)
Sin City - hmmm hard to discribe what i like about this song its catchy but also weird...
Got a reason - This is what i believe is one of those catchy Sing-a-long Songs, The Lyrics in this song are just awsome, Love the end! (If Life so dawm precious, why am i not afraid to Die)
Drinkin without you - the intro of this song is awsome, lyrics aswel i think Simons voice is diffrent in this song its not so raw in this but more softer (dont know how to explain :lol:)
Snakes in Paradise - This is Really my Favourite cuz of the lyrics and love the beat, simon sounds really dark in this song, but the lyrics are So Genious!
Damaged kid - The Lyrics are just awsome, but for some reason i dont think the Lyrics and beat fit together well
Excited - love the lyrics and the beat and the backingvocals in this song really sounds great! And i think the backingvocal really completed the song!
Garden of Babylon - Genious song! everything is perfect in this song, i even wanted to scream along in the chores and theres a moment i thought the song was over the first time and than Simon started again haha genious:lol:

I really love the Lyrics of this new Album and there are a lot of guitar/bass playing on the album that just sounds awsome!
Nice job !

~Don't cry, just have a little patience~
~I'll be your clown, behind the glass, Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would do, If I saw me...
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles, im selling out tonight...~
[/i][/size]
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Chardonaytje.

More
5 years 8 months ago #150597 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
I just want to take the opportunity to say how deeply touched I am by this album. I don't know if it also because I thought you guys couldn't do that anymore because I couldn't imagine timing would ever fit again, but it happened. There are some things I could be negative about, but the moments that stun me totally blend that out.
There are just moments where I feel like somone picked memories and thoughts and feelings out of my head and put them in a song with exactly the right tone and pace, and that really makes me feel alot less alienated, and that is such a nice change for me.

I don't know. I really can't put this in words, just besides all this forum action and gettung in touch with people that I got from all this streetteam stuff, this is really what it is about...

just thank you I guess.
I suck at expressing this.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #150604 by Chardonaytje
Chardonaytje replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground

mrs v. viper wrote: I suck at expressing this.

Your not the only one, i did like more than a houre about writing a review, it hard to express in words, how i felt this album sounds like... its really difficult to explain so i just wrote what my first thoughts were... But the Album is really nice...! really great job boys!!!

also the the Lyrics are really awsome (can say that like a million times! just love them!) :lol:

~Don't cry, just have a little patience~
~I'll be your clown, behind the glass, Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would do, If I saw me...
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles, im selling out tonight...~
[/i][/size]
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Chardonaytje.

More
5 years 8 months ago #150654 by Hertsi88
Hertsi88 replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
Can album be listened from somewhere..?

More
5 years 8 months ago #150657 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
No, Chardonaytje simply got it yesterday already - the post once did theirn service like they are supposed to :lol:

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

More
5 years 8 months ago #150658 by mrs v. viper
not yet, but it seems some albums are arriving already on some places :)

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

More
5 years 8 months ago #150666 by Hertsi88
Hertsi88 replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
ahh too bad that i havent got my yet, well no matter, its always worth the wait.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #150776 by Psychobunny
Psychobunny replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
Got The Savage Playground today, right in time for my b-day next week. After the first round with my beloved Ultimate Ears inears I was blasted away. Got up and dressed (haha) and put in on the speakers this time. Chopping veggies and meat to that beat is really a treat *G*

After the second time through I put it on loop. I love this album. It’s beautiful, it's dark, it’s raw, it’s hard, it’s nasty and most of all it’s downright fucking brutally honest. The live recording pays off big time. I’m not a musician and actually rather tone deaf so I won’t go into guitar riffs and stuff except to say I love those riffs to pieces. Not to talk about Simme's voice - the rougher the better if you ask me.

My favourite is definitely Garden of Babylon – it makes that dark streak in me strum like a steel feather. And those oriental streaks are pure genius. It’s closely followed by Snakes in Paradise and Change the World. Those lyrics speak to me in tones that vibrate in my bones (oops, rhyming again – bad sign, better run for cover everybody *G*).

To sum it up: BLOODY FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I am what I am - go live with it
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Psychobunny.

More
5 years 8 months ago #150778 by SallyCruz666
SallyCruz666 replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
I can't wait to hear it!!!!!! So EXCITED!!!!

Everybody dies, why not die as a warrior? LONG LIVE ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!!!!!! :D

R.I.S. Dave Lepard

More
5 years 8 months ago #151105 by mrlee
mrlee replied the topic: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground
The album isnt even out yet is it? :S

Anyway. I think ill enjoy this album cause i havent had any hype for it like i did previous albums. So i think ill be able to listen to the album without high expectations. Also the good thing is this year we get a new album from Crashdiet AND HCSS. Two bands long overdue for new albums!

More
5 years 8 months ago #151123 by mrs v. viper
hey there, long time no see :lol:
it's not "Out" yet, but they started shipping so early it arrived to some places already :)
I think I remember you really liked gemini 5, right?
if you still do I think you'll enjoy this one :)

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds