Crashdiet

Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

More
8 years 6 months ago #98281 by mrlee
mrlee created the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
Hey well im sure people are gonna be hearing the album soon or have heard it so i figured id post this so we can chat about it!

So far my thoughts after two plays are. I love it all minus Armageddon. The songs absolutely rock and Simons voice is fucking amazing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #98284 by mrlee
mrlee replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
i also think they should left the B-sides on the album too XD

N maybe had So Alive as the opener, removed Armageddon n replaced it with Sick Mind

Top track for me...definately Native Nature. I mean, you get filthy riffs, cowbell, sleaze....and..... "HUH!" and probably the best guitar solo on the album.

I think this is a damn good album....do i think its topped R.I.S though? No....Rest in Sleaze was a bit grittier which gives it the edge for me. Generation Wild is very polished. I guess it depends on your preferences with production though.

More
8 years 6 months ago #98285 by techwreckie
techwreckie replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

MrLee wrote: i also think they should left the B-sides on the album too XD

N maybe had So Alive as the opener, removed Armageddon n replaced it with Sick Mind

Top track for me...definately Native Nature. I mean, you get filthy riffs, cowbell, sleaze....and..... "HUH!" and probably the best guitar solo on the album.

I think this is a damn good album....do i think its topped R.I.S though? No....Rest in Sleaze was a bit grittier which gives it the edge for me. Generation Wild is very polished. I guess it depends on your preferences with production though.

Strange that you don't like Armageddon, I think it's one of the strongest songs, but fair enough!

I like every single track on the album - I couldn't name a favourite but my least favourite is probably Rebel. Still a great song though!

There's one part in Chemical, it sounds really poppy, almost dance music. I quite like it though, makes me want to sing along.

I think the album definitely has a good mix of hard rockers (Native Nature) more poppy numbers (Chemical) and ballads (Save Her, Beautiful Pain).

And I think it tops RIS. For me anyhow. RIS has a couple songs that I don't really like, I like every song on GW. And it seems to be going back to their 80s roots a bit more than RIS did. And I'm usually a fan of more polished production, although RamPac and Lindell seem to have preserved the grit under the polish ;) In any case, they're both awesome albums. Generation Wild without question beats any other album I've heard since RIS came out.

More
8 years 6 months ago #98293 by mrlee
mrlee replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
While they may sound alot like AC/DC. Airbournes albums are strong contenders for my favorite modern music along with CRASHDIET. different styles, but both a form of rock....and both bands put out very strong material!

More
8 years 6 months ago #98295 by ziggy
ziggy replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
i only want to say i love Armageddon but i wonder why it drags out at the end so much, and i want to say pretty much every track could be a single, must of been hard picking what one first :lol:

More
8 years 6 months ago #98303 by icey
icey replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
I don't get it. How can people be discussing the album already? Has it leaked? I can't find it anyway.

More
8 years 6 months ago #98304 by icey
Nevermind, found a .rar-download.

More
8 years 6 months ago #98305 by ziggy

icey wrote: I don't get it. How can people be discussing the album already? Has it leaked? I can't find it anyway.

be a true fan and wait :lol: i wish i wasnt shown. now im a bad fan haha :|

More
8 years 6 months ago #98306 by rox flowers
rox flowers replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild
Hey, don't be a pirate. :evil: It doesn't support the band in any way.

More
8 years 6 months ago #98310 by ziggy

Rox Flowers wrote: Hey, don't be a pirate. :evil: It doesn't support the band in any way.

+1

More
8 years 6 months ago #98311 by icey
Relax, I have already prebought the album. I have the other two as well. There's nothing wrong with listening to an album before buying it.

More
8 years 6 months ago #98312 by rox flowers
rox flowers replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion Generation Wild

icey wrote: Relax, I have already prebought the album. I have the other two as well. There's nothing wrong with listening to an album before buying it.

You have spotify if you want to listen to the album before buying it. And shit, they even released samples from every track! Isn't that enough? :evil:

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds