Crashdiet

Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution

More
10 years 9 months ago #67493 by mrlee
mrlee replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution
ok ive given it alot of listens. here is what i think.

It has some strong moments with in the raw, fallin rain, and the very lordi-esque overnight.

but io dunno, the rest of the album seems sucked of what crashdiets formula was.

i hate the new backing vocals style, i had an earlier demo mix of XTC overdrive with olli on vocals, it has whisteling at the end, that mix is far better, the "HEYS" are crashdiet style, where as on the album they have been changed into more metallica styled heys and its annoying.

the riff style on alot of the track is different, alot of the times the ynever get going just stay same pace i find this boring.

i also hate the nightwish, or gemini 5 black anthem styled backing vocals on alone, so silly.

i do like the guitar solos though very much, good drum and bass work from eric and peter. Great lyrics on alot of the tracks.

it feels like they wanted to do something new, judging by the earlier mix of XTC overdrive they had it, but then it feels like they thought too much into it and that spoilt the great sound they would have had....

if the album had more of a in the raw, fallin rain feel about it rather than so much alternativeness and more influences from (i think) there other swedish peers like nightwish, deathstars (i think they are finish though?) and gemini 5 it could have been great.

im pretty dissappointed tbh. they will gain new fans with this, i dont know how the other older fans like me will take to it.

i hope crashdiet have success though, but i personally dont dig this album very much at the moment still.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #67498 by mrlee
mrlee replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution
now my oppinions changing again, this is a very hard album to decide on.

ok lets do this.

its good, but its not the crashdiet sound i got into which is why its dissappointing, and i dislike there lack of glam metal feel BUT the songs are still pretty decent.

so basically, its an ok album, perhaps benefits a newcomer fan rather than a fan of the bands work from start.

i preffer ris.

but this albums not crap. ill still certainly be seeing crashdiet live when i have chance.

More
10 years 9 months ago #67499 by girsindri
girsindri replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution

MrLee wrote: swedish peers like nightwish, deathstars (i think they are finish though?)

it's the other way around, nightwish are finnish and deathstars are swedish. nightwish's new singer is swedish tho, i think.

lalala haven't got the album yet. we'll see.

More
10 years 9 months ago #67503 by mrlee

Girsindri wrote:

MrLee wrote: swedish peers like nightwish, deathstars (i think they are finish though?)

it's the other way around, nightwish are finnish and deathstars are swedish. nightwish's new singer is swedish tho, i think.

thanks for clearing that up bud.

so many bands coming from finland and sweden that do metal its unreal haha

More
10 years 9 months ago #67521 by girsindri
girsindri replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution

MrLee wrote:

Girsindri wrote:

thanks for clearing that up bud.

so many bands coming from finland and sweden that do metal its unreal haha

no prob heh.

yeaaah fuckin true. tons of great ones.

More
10 years 9 months ago #67538 by mrlee
i dont know. this album does grow ALOT on you the more you listen.

its not a patch on RIS, but it is good.

More
10 years 9 months ago #67547 by crashbear.
crashbear. replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution
to topic now.

I have listen to the album now and i really like it!
I think that the first 5 is kicking ass!

More
10 years 9 months ago #67585 by hitomi
hitomi replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution
I listened to some songs before I get this album.
I Don't Care, Thrill Me are really my type!! :lol:
I love those songs so much!!
OFC I like some songs that I've already listen to :)

However I can't write impression before I listen to this album through all...
just can't wait !!

More
10 years 9 months ago #67600 by foby
foby replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution
Here comes a full review of the new album "The Unattractive Revolution"

Like a Sin: I never liked this song very much. It's kinda boring. Nothing more to say hehe. But I think it's growing 5/10

Falling Rain: I love the demo. Especially the one with Jhonny Gunn. This song is almost the same, but ALMOST. I really like when the heavy chords comes falling in at the intro. But why, WHY ON EARTH did they put a fucking MANDOLIN or what it is in the intro?! Now it sounds like some strange medieval celtic combat song! :lol: But otherwise this is one of the best songs on the album. This is also one of the songs Olliver sings best on. 9/10

I Don't Care: I really like this song. Awesome drumming, really awesome. And awesome riffs and solo. The thing that isnt super-awesome is the vocals. The
"I'm telling the truth,so listen to me
Messin' with me is to piss in the wind" isnt as awesome as the rest of the song. The part just after and the chorus is great tho. I'd give it 7/10

Die Another Day: I Can Sense a Lie is one of my all-time favorite songs. Especially the intro. The intro on this song is amazing. The rest of the song is like the demo, exept for the solo, the end, and they've added the "Die another day, hey!" part. The new part is kinda ridiculous and annoying, sounds like a childrensong. I also like the old vocals more. It's a good song, but I prefer the demo (exept for the intro). 8/10

Alone: This song is really awesome! It's one of my favorites on the album. Genius guitars, and the best vocal track on the album. It's a great song. 9/10

Thrill Me: Girls, Girls, Girls-intro? :lol: I like the "indian" sound on the guitars in this song. The solo is awesome. The verse is one of the worst on the album tho. But Young does GREAT drumming. The chorus reminds me of something, can't remember what. But it's a good song! 5/10

Overnight: I love the guitar sling, and the chorus. The verse is good too. This song is one of the "synthiest" song on the album. Very synthy backing vocals. But it's good anyway. 7/10

XTC Overdrive: MrLee took my words! "i had an earlier demo mix of XTC overdrive with olli on vocals, it has whisteling at the end, that mix is far better, the "HEYS" are crashdiet style, where as on the album they have been changed into more metallica styled heys and its annoying." The demo we got is better according to me. 5/10

Bound To Be Enslaved: One fav song too! Intro and verse is inspired of Desire by Ozzy :lol: Very catchy chorus, and verse too. Great guitars, and I like the piano at the end of the song :lol: 9/10

The Buried Song: Good chorus, a little too synthy maybe. The solo isnt very good. The best part is the part after the solo, it sounds a little bit like "Garden of Eden" by GN'R. He pronounces "retard" kinda funny :lol: The guitar intro and main sling isnt my cup of tea, but its growing. I'd give this last song on the album 5/10

POSITIVE:

+ First of all, the drums. This proves that Eric Young is one of the worlds greatest drummers! Really amazing.
+Mick Mars riffs
+Some tracks are really catchy, so you go around singing them all the time
+Even if you don't like it first, you get used to it and like it
NEGATIVE:
-The backing vocals, sounds like Lordi or something, like MrLee said. I like the "raw" backing vocals much more.
-Some songs use the "start-stop"-motion too much
-Ollivers voice isnt great, but you get used to it after a while

I actually changed my mind of the album while I wrote this review. First i hated it, but now I think it's good, some songs are awesome! It's like "In The Raw", you have to listen to it a lot. It's not Crashdïet anymore, but I like it! This album suprised me, and it was a good surprise. Some of you may have noticed that I was "anti-new-Crashdïet" for a while, but I've changed my mind. Soo... Like Crashdïet, I'm back on track!

THE UNATTRACTIVE REVOLUTION GETS 7½/10

More
10 years 9 months ago #67628 by alexzander
alexzander replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution
In The Raw: I don't think it's not a good single cuz
you get bored with it pretty fast...

Like a Sin:I think the song would be a good single cuz
it has energy and its catchy...

Falling Rain: i like the version from R.I.S 2007(the Sweet
version too) without the "blabberin" between the lines of lyrics...

I Don't Care: I love the intro but the rest of the song
feels pretty "naah..."

Die Another Day: It feels like a copy/paste job
cuz the line "Die Another Day" doesn't fit in to the lyrics
(makes me think of a relay bad james bond movie for
some reason). I Love the "I Can Sense a Lie" version
mutch better.

Alone: Repeat?

Thrill Me: I Like the Intro and the first lines of the lyrics
feels like "Repeat?"...

Overnight: It sounds like childrens song shocked by
a electric tazer...

XTC Overdrive: Would be a really good single
but wheres the gituars?

Bound To Be Enslaved: a litle more screaming from olli
and the the song would be prefect.

The Buried Song: Sounds like a crossover between
The Hellacopters and Mötley. and the same as i said about
"Bound To Be Enslaved"...

First some Chainsaw
- It feels like someone have strangled the the songs
- There are too little/short refrains
- some parts sound like "Nöd Rim"(whats that in english?)

And then some bandaid
+ I love the refrains
+ Gituars are good but more of them wouldn't hurt
same with drums and bass more MORE!
+ The last three songs made the album complete imo.

THE UNATTRACTIVE REVOLUTION GETS 6/10

More
10 years 9 months ago #67629 by waspgirl
waspgirl replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution

Foby wrote: Some of you may have noticed that I was "anti-new-Crashdïet" for a while, but I've changed my mind. Soo... Like Crashdïet, I'm back on track!

That's awesome Fobez! I knew you'd get there in the end! :lol:

More
10 years 9 months ago #67661 by crashbear.
crashbear. replied the topic: Fan reviews/album discussion The Unattractive Revolution

WaspGirl wrote:

Foby wrote: Some of you may have noticed that I was "anti-new-Crashdïet" for a while, but I've changed my mind. Soo... Like Crashdïet, I'm back on track!

That's awesome Fobez! I knew you'd get there in the end! :lol:

I also had some feeling like Waspie that you would change Fob! :lol:

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds