Crashdiet

Early Crashdiet (2000 - 2002)

More
5 years 1 month ago #157325 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Ralphy Lee Fox created the topic: Early Crashdiet (2000 - 2002)
I know there was already a topic about the pics of the very first line-up but I didn't want to bump another thread from like 3-or-so years ago and just kinda sum it up here.

This is basically everything I was able to find, in case of old Crashdiet pics, and have been looking and searching a lot. It's quite hard to find any pics of Dave and Crashdiet before 2003 so I had to go through some fan pages of the other 3 dudes, especially Mary Goore, since he's suspected to be the mighty Papa Emeritus of Ghost B.C nowadays and became kinda famous lately.

The pics were originally taken from this page and I'm sure most of you guys have seen it: hem.passagen.se/leopardis/ which has to be one of the oldest, if not the first one, about Crashdiet ever.
It's actually unbelievable that it still exists on the internet since the page hasn't been updated for more than 10 years now.

Here you can clearly see (starting from the left) Mary Goore aka Tobias Forge (g.), Tom "Kikki" Bones aka Thomas Daun (dr.), Dave and Mace Kelly aka Gustaf Lindstrom (b.) in the bottom

Same as above:

Also, a collage of pics taken outta the page:

Shitload of fun stuff. Mary wearing a Dokken shirt with a Venom logo on his guitar, Mace in a Motley Crue shirt with a GoatSodomizer sticker on his bass, and Dave way before he started to bleach his hair.

Seems like the other three had just their glam period (uhm, what a name) then, since they were still playing in Repugnant at the time they were also in Crashdiet, then leaving for good to play in Repugnant and other death metal acts. Such a thin line between glam and death metal, huh?

Searching through one of Mary Goore's fanpages, also found this one:

Description says: Gustaf Lindström - Toob Brynedal - Thomas Daun - Tobias Forge
Which would give us 3/4 of Crashdiet and some extra dude because it's easy to see there's no Dave in this picture. May be some other short-lived glam act of the other three which was active around 2000-2002.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #157370 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Early Crashdiet (2000 - 2002)
holy fuck, haha. thanks for digging all that up dude, never seen those before...

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #157385 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Ralphy Lee Fox replied the topic: Early Crashdiet (2000 - 2002)
No problem. ;) I only wish there were more pics from that era.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Ralphy Lee Fox.

More
5 years 1 month ago #157386 by GunsNCrüeSWE
GunsNCrüeSWE replied the topic: Early Crashdiet (2000 - 2002)
Seen all This, It is pretty interesting.
The first three Crash Diet demos are still the number One on My wantlist.
It is cool since i love Repugnant.
Another fun thing Dave Lepard had a black/death metal band with Erik Danielsson(Watain, Armagedda, Dissection) called Crusifier.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

More
5 years 1 month ago #157401 by Ralphy Lee Fox

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Another fun thing Dave Lepard had a black/death metal band with Erik Danielsson(Watain, Armagedda, Dissection) called Crusifier.

Now that is interesting! Never heard about it. Was it after Warpath?

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #157404 by GunsNCrüeSWE

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Another fun thing Dave Lepard had a black/death metal band with Erik Danielsson(Watain, Armagedda, Dissection) called Crusifier.

Now that is interesting! Never heard about it. Was it after Warpath?

Lisbeth(Dave's mom) told me about it.
I guess that it was after Warpath. I have a hard time thinking it was after 2000. Because Watain We're 100% focused at their thing. Sure, some guest appearances. But a side project. No way. So probably around 97-99.
But I can't comfirm that This is true.

Let the light bless and
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by GunsNCrüeSWE.

More
5 years 1 month ago #157405 by Ralphy Lee Fox
It must have been some short-lived garage band if they're not featured even on Metal Archives, what is kinda weird, since pretty much all those amateur and never-been-there-bands are listed on this page.

Speaking of old bands of Crashdiet guys. Is it possible to find Martin's records with Dimness and Empyreal (also with Peter). Same thing with Eric's Pandemonic. Anybody has or maybe heard it?

More
5 years 1 month ago #157413 by PrimalScream91
PrimalScream91 replied the topic: Early Crashdiet (2000 - 2002)
Ahh, those old pictures...

And those missing demos, I have scoured the internet looking for them, and alas I have found nothing (Save for "Cancer Dancer" and "Riot Youth" which have been out for quite a while)

I love seeing pictures of the beginnings of this band, I even spend a day obsessing over their past websites via the "wayback machine"

Sometimes makes you wonder what interesting demos/pictures/merch you could have today if you had started following the band all those years ago...

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

More
5 years 1 month ago #157415 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Speaking of, "Riot Youth" is a fucking killer song!

More
5 years 1 month ago #157416 by GunsNCrüeSWE

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: It must have been some short-lived garage band if they're not featured even on Metal Archives, what is kinda weird, since pretty much all those amateur and never-been-there-bands are listed on this page.

Speaking of old bands of Crashdiet guys. Is it possible to find Martin's records with Dimness and Empyreal (also with Peter). Same thing with Eric's Pandemonic. Anybody has or maybe heard it?

Pandemonic is pretty easy. Just look for it.
Never heard Dimness or Empyreal. Have some Bulls Eye Dirt though.

Let the light bless and

More
5 years 1 month ago #157431 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Empyreal's "Endless times" demo cover from 2001.

I know the pic is so small but couldn't find it in a bigger resolution anywhere.
Anyway, seems like two of the guys in this pic are Peter and Martin. I guess Peter (still with black hair then) is standing in the back. Not sure about Martin, though.

More
5 years 1 month ago #158146 by PrimalScream91
PrimalScream91 replied the topic: Early Crashdiet (2000 - 2002)
It would be cool if we could pull our knowledge together and see if we could amass a list of Dave's side projects, I know he did a lot of stuff on his own though...

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: The first three Crash Diet demos are still the number One on My wantlist.

No joke, however I fear that this might not be much more than a pipe dream...

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds