Crashdiet

Drugs!

More
7 years 7 months ago #123542 by joey_baccard
joey_baccard replied the topic: Drugs!
Gotta take Freddie in defence on this one, I can't quote all of you people at once but let's take it part by part; First of all, 'bout the part of "takin' drugs before you get a proper record deal". Those words doesn't make sense - at all. It sounds like you think that if you got a record deal it's suddenly more okay to do drugs. But I'm quite sure that many bands did drugs before they got signed, as do many people who don't even have a band. Worth to add is that Baby Jane now is a signed band, I got that cd before they were signed. Secondly, do any of you guys know if Freddie takes drugs or not? If the answer is no I wouldn't say too much 'bout this picture. And third, do you guys know if this was meant as a promotion pic for him or the band? Or if it's just a picture taken for fun or for a photograph project of sum kind? I'm quite sure that everybody's answer is no on that question. And last of all I'm not sure 'bout what I think 'bout people who do statements 'bout "hurting yourself". Like drugs, cuttings and suicides. I don't think you have a clue 'bout that stuff like that if you haven't had those thought or been in that position. Of course there will always be people doing drugs 'cuz they wanna "add" something extra at partys and stuff like that, Or people who cut themselves once and never again just for the attention - but you gotta remember that there's always exceptions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #123544 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: Drugs!
Yeah that's ofc true, but this dude seems has his make up and clothes done for this photoshoot, and it's edited and all, I really don't think it's a "sneak peak" that has leaked in someway. And either he does drugs for real or if it's just a pose, it's still a ridicoulus statement that drugs are cool - cuz that's the way the message comes out.

And I'm with you Joey at that part, I don't care what people do with their bodies aslong as it doesn't hurt anybody else (and that's the way I think the goverment also should see it), but in a staged pic it's totally different.

That is my opinion :))))))))))))))))

More
7 years 7 months ago #123545 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Drugs!
you are totally right. sorry :( i jsut thought it looks like a promo pic.., and thought then it would have been... lame I guess. but taht's only my opinion as well. Of course it could be something else entiely. honestly I didn't paied any attentiom really... and just said what came to my mind first. And I totally agree with everything you said.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
7 years 7 months ago #123701 by dck
dck replied the topic: Drugs!

joey_baccardï wrote: Gotta take Freddie in defence on this one, I can't quote all of you people at once but let's take it part by part; First of all, 'bout the part of "takin' drugs before you get a proper record deal". Those words doesn't make sense - at all. It sounds like you think that if you got a record deal it's suddenly more okay to do drugs. But I'm quite sure that many bands did drugs before they got signed, as do many people who don't even have a band. Worth to add is that Baby Jane now is a signed band, I got that cd before they were signed. Secondly, do any of you guys know if Freddie takes drugs or not? If the answer is no I wouldn't say too much 'bout this picture. And third, do you guys know if this was meant as a promotion pic for him or the band? Or if it's just a picture taken for fun or for a photograph project of sum kind? I'm quite sure that everybody's answer is no on that question. And last of all I'm not sure 'bout what I think 'bout people who do statements 'bout "hurting yourself". Like drugs, cuttings and suicides. I don't think you have a clue 'bout that stuff like that if you haven't had those thought or been in that position. Of course there will always be people doing drugs 'cuz they wanna "add" something extra at partys and stuff like that, Or people who cut themselves once and never again just for the attention - but you gotta remember that there's always exceptions.

I knew someone was gonna point to that record label deal. It's a given, it's gay no matter how you want to twist and turn it. Just because he's on a label doesn't mean it's ok. Rock stars usually get into heavier shit once they get money, ergo you need a label.

No matter what the picture represents or not, faked or not, it's the most idiotic thing you can portray on a picture. If the fact is he did it because it's a promo deal, it's even more lame.

Lame lame lame

CrashDiet lost one singer to this crap which should be enough for everyone of you, no matter what the picture represents.

More
7 years 7 months ago #123764 by mrs v. viper
it's true tho that it could be a phopto project of some kind. it could even be for a warning campagne. Some people consider pictures like that "Art" and how can we say it's bad if it would be for a anti drug abuse ... flyer for exemple. I don't think it's idiotic to say that one shouldn't portray these things, just bacause they are (obviously) ver bad and dangerous.. That's almost making it a tabu topic. and problem are ther to solve and not there to not even dare to show it and just put it as some "bad thing" under the table... like it would vanish there.
I think JB just wanted to point out that we don't know for sure for what it is, but still judged. and he is totally right with that imo.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson

More
7 years 7 months ago #123765 by joey_baccard
Thanx Viper, that's exactly what I wanted to say!

More
7 years 7 months ago #123766 by mrs v. viper
:)

More
7 years 7 months ago #124160 by TheNewEra
TheNewEra replied the topic: Drugs!
Short and to the point:
Hugs, not drugs! xD

These are the fairytales of life
Read the story in my eyes

More
7 years 6 months ago #124250 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: Drugs!
I get your point, and of course it should not be tabu to talk about it. But come on, look at the odds. Which are more likely: it is a effort to look cool/sleaze, OR that a relatively unknows band member are participating in a anti-drug campain? It's quite obvious, at least for me. :p

More
7 years 6 months ago #124251 by joey_baccard

izzie wrote: I get your point, and of course it should not be tabu to talk about it. But come on, look at the odds. Which are more likely: it is a effort to look cool/sleaze, OR that a relatively unknows band member are participating in a anti-drug campain? It's quite obvious, at least for me. :p

I don't think this picture is for an anti-drug campain, I think this picture is taken because someone consider it as "art". It's pretty often that people (at least in my town) take those types of pictures and there has been several photo contest here n' those who study "Estet - foto" (or whatever they call it) has recently had sum project were the 7 sins were the subject, and many of those pictures reminded me 'bout this. So I don't think that it is for an antidrug campain, I think it has to do with art. And since there's no logo, name or announcement of any form on this picture I wouldn't guess that this is a promotion picture (even though there are sum promo. pixx that doesn't really have those things).

More
7 years 6 months ago #124274 by mrs v. viper
haha yeah I didn't really think so aswell, just in theory it of course could be one :P

More
7 years 6 months ago #124651 by ade
ade replied the topic: Drugs!
Do not forget that alcohol is a drug, and who doesn't think alcohol is awesome, or cool if you prefer. And if decide to try some other shit, don't ever brag/talk about it, it will freakin' screw up your life, belive me.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds