Crashdiet

Drugs!

More
7 years 10 months ago #104376 by axl whïte
axl whïte created the topic: Drugs!
What do you guys think? Anyone who wants to share any experience?

It's been pretty popular in this genre of ours, Mötley and Guns for example. Why do you think this is? Because from what I've heard and read there's no particulair drug. Heroin, Coke, MDMA, Amphetamine and lots of combinations. Musicians have always used drugs, Reggae has its weed and House has its MDMA, but why has Rock, glam n sleaze used everything?

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #104377 by izzie
izzie replied the topic: Drugs!
Cuz it's banned in society and there's a riot in everyone. It's rebellious ya know.

haven't done any drug myself, but I have bad experiences from it, so guess i'm avoiding it

More
7 years 10 months ago #104378 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: Drugs!

izzie wrote: haven't done any drug myself, but I have bad experiences from it, so guess i'm avoiding it

Dude, what? :lol:

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #104379 by izzie

AxL Whïte wrote:

izzie wrote: haven't done any drug myself, but I have bad experiences from it, so guess i'm avoiding it

My ex-girlfriend did it

More
7 years 10 months ago #104380 by axl whïte

izzie wrote:

AxL Whïte wrote:

My ex-girlfriend did it

Oh, I get it. Yeah, drugs can seriously fuck you up, but if your in a good mood they can be good for people I think.

More
7 years 10 months ago #104383 by Melody..Marvelous
Melody..Marvelous replied the topic: Drugs!
I know people who have died from drug-related stuff.. I know someone who took his life cuz' he couldn't cope with the drugs anymore, I know people who have gotten into arguments 'n stuff with drug-dealers, and a lot of people who have died from overdose's.. It's a pretty small town I live in, still we've got the same amount of drugs per person as in Helsinki.. :/

Ever since I've been eight or nine I've been standing on the shoreline

More
7 years 10 months ago #104384 by axl whïte

Melody..Marvelous wrote: I know people who have died from drug-related stuff.. I know someone who took his life cuz' he couldn't cope with the drugs anymore, I know people who have gotten into arguments 'n stuff with drug-dealers, and a lot of people who have died from overdose's.. It's a pretty small town I live in, still we've got the same amount of drugs per person as in Helsinki.. :/

Yeah, ofcourse there are bad things, but if you take drugs for the reason of getting away from something I think you're more likely to end up an addict. If you take it for the purpose of making something that's fun funnier I think it can make your party or songwriting alot better. Alcohol has never been bad for the people that drink it for the purpose of having a bit more fun, but it's very dangerous for the people that would drown their sorrows. So, no, drugs aren't good but they can be. :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #104386 by izzie

AxL Whïte wrote:

Melody..Marvelous wrote: I know people who have died from drug-related stuff.. I know someone who took his life cuz' he couldn't cope with the drugs anymore, I know people who have gotten into arguments 'n stuff with drug-dealers, and a lot of people who have died from overdose's.. It's a pretty small town I live in, still we've got the same amount of drugs per person as in Helsinki.. :/

Yeah, ofcourse there are bad things, but if you take drugs for the reason of getting away from something I think you're more likely to end up an addict. If you take it for the purpose of making something that's fun funnier I think it can make your party or songwriting alot better. Alcohol has never been bad for the people that drink it for the purpose of having a bit more fun, but it's very dangerous for the people that would drown their sorrows. So, no, drugs aren't good but they can be. :)

That's just not correct. I suppose you've read The Dirt. Vince says "I wasn't an addict before I started going to detox. Before that I just drank all the time, to have fun. It was after I got to rehab that I became an alcoholist." Or something like that.

And you know, to continue the example, they drank for fun, and then they got out on the road and Razzle died...

So yeah, it can be just as lethal for people that are using it for fun, as for them who are drowning their sorrows.

But I see what you point is.

More
7 years 10 months ago #104392 by hollywood_ho
hollywood_ho replied the topic: Drugs!
I did a LOT of drugs in my late teens and early to mid 20's. I quit when it wasn't fun anymore. People were dying ... I lost one good friend to a coke OD, three friends to heroin OD's and one to suicide. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a blast back then, and that all drugs sucked. But it was different then. For one thing, drugs were more pure, and we kind of knew where they were coming from. I know that sounds weird, but it's absolutely true. You wouldn't believe the crap that they cut drugs with/add to drugs now. Drain cleaner, laxatives, ammonia, cheap tranquilizers among other things. Even a lot of good old fashioned pot isn't always pure now. It's crazy. Probably best of you steer clear of them completely. You truly do NOT know what you are ingesting when you do them.
The following user(s) gave Kudos to this post: music_junkie87@hotmail.com

More
7 years 10 months ago #104394 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Drugs!
I never tried. Not that I wasn't around people who did, but noone ever offered, probably because I was so much on my own mostly that nooene knew me well enough to trust me, but if I'd really had wanted, it would have been easy and I knew people pretty heavy on drugs, and I knew people who died from it. Luckily I wasn't close to any of them.

I agree wit Axl, if you do it to kill pain, STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT SHIT even if it's "only" alcohol.
I guess the fact that I always knew that I was the kind of person who would do it because it kills the pain was a reason why I stayed away from it and was able to turn the wheel around at the point when I realised that I drank to much only to drown my sorrows.

I personally never felt the need to use sonething to make things funnier, and I think that people sometimes think "it's just for fun" but infact it's the effect to losen up easier which is also some kind of "tryin to get away" = bad.

AxL Whïte wrote: Heroin, Coke, MDMA, Amphetamine and lots of combinations. Musicians have always used drugs, Reggae has its weed and House has its MDMA, but why has Rock, glam n sleaze used everything?

I don't think thats true. I'd say ARTISTS have always used drugs, simply because it can be so dam painful to live an artist life. I guess the fact that Rockers did all kinds of it is 1st: theres not one special stae of mind you want to achieve, it's just about fun and getting carried away and 2. with the big ones the money that simply makes everything possible.
House uses MDMA because it pushes you and you need the energy to dance a whole night away, and with reggae/rastafari a religious factore comes in in which also needs on certain state.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

More
7 years 10 months ago #104412 by ziggy
ziggy replied the topic: Drugs!
i love alcohol i dont like being sober much

More
7 years 10 months ago #104437 by Anna Gable
Anna Gable replied the topic: Drugs!
About musicians in general, many artists have a kind of pain inside, and that's one reason to do drugs, esp downers, since you want that pain to be silent. And then you need something speedy to go on stage, and then the circus is a fact. Also, being on tour is pure boredom, many do drugs to kill time, they are offered it from some bigger band they meet and ooops...

For myself I did some drugs when I was younger but I've never liked alcohol very much. Later in life I got opioide painkillers on prescription (the unfamous Oxy contin) it was a very nice feeling. Way too nice. I know I could get stuck on opioides very easily, so nowdays I don't do any drugs at all. I go on stage clean and sober and I have a lot of fun, I can be really crazy just from the music itself, I sort of get high on that, on a good audience etc. The same goes for going to other concerts.

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The...

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds