Crashdiet

On Your Mind

More
2 years 1 day ago #163348 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

mrs v. viper wrote: As someone who studies with alot of VERY talented photographers, many if which do gigs on the side, i have to say the people being better than you only have better gear and maybe a bit more technical knowledge. You ARE talented in that. Don't give up ;)

fizzy wrote: ah okay I see, but as Viper said, don't give up! I feel the way about my compositions, I think everyone feels like that in the early stages of their careers
If I need a photographer for a gig I will surely contact you ;)

Wow, thanks. I don't really know what to say. It means a lot coming from especially talented people such as yourselves. It felt like I was lacking more than a little technical knowledge though.

It was quite disheartening, too. Especially since I've found very few photographers who were actually.. nice? It just seemed like it was a really difficult "scene" to crack into and actually try to learn something because it's pretty elitist... :( Basically, I felt like a child who was trying to play games with adults haha

I haven't given it up though! I still have loads of photos I love and I'm happy I started :)

And sure thing Fizzy :P I can't promise it'll be up to scratch but I'll give it a go!

peterlondon wrote: I'm curious to find out as well as I would like to collect every single CRASHDÏET album-review as a single topic in this forum category :
www.crashdiet.org/forum/the-vault-crashdet-topics.html

If anyone wants to help, just raise a hand :D

//LONDON

I did wonder about this actually. I saw some of the linked sites and didn't really trust them to be around forever. If you wanted to collect them it might be an idea to transfer the text to a post in the thread in case the site vanishes? :P

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 day ago #163352 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind
I swear, I'm done with that weather. This morning -26, next week +5...done with that shit! I'm moving somewhere with more constant temperatures and where it's at least +20 during winter month.

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

More
2 years 1 day ago #163355 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

Fhina wrote: I swear, I'm done with that weather. This morning -26, next week +5...done with that shit! I'm moving somewhere with more constant temperatures and where it's at least +20 during winter month.

Where do you live? I was taking my brothers kid to school this morning here in stockholm. Could have sworn to the dark that it was -40 but apperantly -10 is enough.

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
2 years 1 day ago - 2 years 1 day ago #163357 by mrs v. viper
mrs v. viper replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

XiLaii wrote: It was quite disheartening, too. Especially since I've found very few photographers who were actually.. nice? It just seemed like it was a really difficult "scene" to crack into and actually try to learn something because it's pretty elitist... :( Basically, I felt like a child who was trying to play games with adults haha

welcome to creative business. its literally two kinds of people: elitist pricks that talk more than they walk and too doubtful talents that easily get drowned out. I'm over generalizing, but even my Mum who spend her whole 70 years between artist of any sort still observes this. You need to fake selfassurance a bit to make it or at least not be bothered by those people. It's alot of competition aswell, people rarely like to support their future rivals...

theres always nice ones aswell tho. So just stick with those :)

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany
Last Edit: 2 years 1 day ago by mrs v. viper.

More
2 years 1 day ago #163359 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

mrs v. viper wrote: welcome to creative business. its literally two kinds of people: elitist pricks that talk more than they walk and too doubtful talents that easily get drowned out. I'm over generalizing, but even my Mum who spend her whole 70 years between artist of any sort still observes this. You need to fake selfassurance a bit to make it or at least not be bothered by those people. It's alot of competition aswell, people rarely like to support their future rivals...

theres always nice ones aswell tho. So just stick with those :)

I have found exactly the same... :p I struggle to not be bothered by those people in all aspects of life, but luckily there are apparently people around in even unlikely places who make me feel much better about it :)

It's kind of odd, I mostly started doing it to occupy my hands when I was at the barrier for gigs. I wanted to be really close but I felt anxious when anyone looked at me unless I was taking photos.

Brains are weird. Thanks again for being so sweet.

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

More
2 years 6 hours ago - 2 years 6 hours ago #163371 by mrs v. viper
brains are weird indeed. And i'm just saying it as it is ;)

On my mind is Witchcrafts new album. I feel like the songs alone aren't all that amazing but as an album working together it gets so much more. Thats such a rare thing and in times of iTunes and people buying one song at a time I appreciate it so much.

It also reminds me of an indie version of early HIM at times. Super odd thing.

I love this output but I really don't know why. I was really scared to be disappointed by this one so I'm glad I'm not, not in the slightest.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
Last Edit: 2 years 6 hours ago by mrs v. viper.

More
1 year 11 months ago #163382 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind
Went sledding on the ocean today, was bitchin. Gonna go ice skating the stockholm central area tomorrow while listening to some black metal.

Ye beckoning ocean waves and so forth.

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
1 year 11 months ago #163389 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

axl whïte wrote:

Fhina wrote: I swear, I'm done with that weather. This morning -26, next week +5...done with that shit! I'm moving somewhere with more constant temperatures and where it's at least +20 during winter month.

Where do you live? I was taking my brothers kid to school this morning here in stockholm. Could have sworn to the dark that it was -40 but apperantly -10 is enough.

I live in Helsinki. In the beginning of the year we had around -20 to -27 for like 5 days. Friday was -26 and Saturday -3. It snowed so mich yesterday...I don't mind the snow as such but the longness of the winter and darkness and cold months. I'm seriously done. Currently looking anc checking for jobs that can be done without being in a certain location.

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

More
1 year 11 months ago #163395 by mrs v. viper
I really, really, really need the next few days to have 36 hours instead...

/tiredasfuck-anna

More
1 year 11 months ago #163401 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

peterlondon wrote:

fizzy wrote: Couldn't track down RIS, perhaps we never did one?!

So maybe it's time to create one and I could actually promote it and encourage people to post ;)

What do people think, should we start one?

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
1 year 11 months ago #163409 by mrs v. viper
^ yes, please do :)

More
1 year 11 months ago #163440 by Kraljosovina
Kraljosovina replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

mrs v. viper wrote: brains are weird indeed. And i'm just saying it as it is ;)

On my mind is Witchcrafts new album. I feel like the songs alone aren't all that amazing but as an album working together it gets so much more. Thats such a rare thing and in times of iTunes and people buying one song at a time I appreciate it so much.

It also reminds me of an indie version of early HIM at times. Super odd thing.

I love this output but I really don't know why. I was really scared to be disappointed by this one so I'm glad I'm not, not in the slightest.

Funny little thing...
Bought a "new" car about 2 months ago and the guy who sold it was working as a musician. So I asked him if I've maybe heard any of his work and he mentioned that he plays drums on the latest/upcoming Witchcaft album (:

I really should give em a listen haha :P

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.623 seconds