Crashdiet

On Your Mind

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #163444 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

XiLaii wrote: I did wonder about this actually. I saw some of the linked sites and didn't really trust them to be around forever. If you wanted to collect them it might be an idea to transfer the text to a post in the thread in case the site vanishes? :P

That's exactly what I'm already doing, I think? :P

All posts in here : www.crashdiet.org/forum/the-vault-crashdet-topics.html have the actual text as well. Not only links :).

And XiLaii let me know if you find any photos you'd be up for sharing. I'm working on a new photo / video gallery and could use some stunning photos to work with :D

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by peterlondon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #163447 by friedoctopus
friedoctopus replied the topic: On Your Mind
Useless test post, because I've encountered authorization errors when trying to post for the past day or so and want to try here out of curiosity.

"Though strange lay the waters from which they emerged, they glanced upon the world as their own; yet deep in their hearts they knew all the time that this was not really their home." -Watain, 'They Rode On,' 2013

More
2 years 5 months ago #163450 by XiLaii
XiLaii replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

peterlondon wrote:

XiLaii wrote: I did wonder about this actually. I saw some of the linked sites and didn't really trust them to be around forever. If you wanted to collect them it might be an idea to transfer the text to a post in the thread in case the site vanishes? :P

That's exactly what I'm already doing, I think? :P

All posts in here : www.crashdiet.org/forum/the-vault-crashdet-topics.html have the actual text as well. Not only links :).

And XiLaii let me know if you find any photos you'd be up for sharing. I'm working on a new photo / video gallery and could use some stunning photos to work with :D

//LONDON

haha yeah! That is exactly how I meant! Except I think it was Interviews that didn't have posts like that..? Or didn't have posts like that "yet" :P Sorry for missing it!

While you're working on it, there is actually some cool stuff you can dig up using the way back machine (I don't know if you or anyone else has ever tried it?)

There's actually quite a lot of stored data/snapshots for Crashdiet.org, and you can find reviews as old as this one: web.archive.org/web/20040405001616/http:...be/review.asp?id=543

There's more listed on pages ( web.archive.org/web/20040322202830/http://crashdiet.org/ ) and that's just one of the snapshots!

(There's over 10+ years worth of them, here: web.archive.org/web/20040301000000*/http://crashdiet.org )

Not every link works, but it'll probably unearth some old gems :)

I've got hundreds of photos! I've not transferred anything to my new hard drive yet, but I have so many you can have if you want them. They're not all great, though, and the majority of them have never seen an editing brush, haha. There might even be a video or two in there - it's been so long since I sorted any of it!

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

More
2 years 2 months ago #163527 by nage
nage replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind
I want to (learn to) play a guitar. But I have to work on packaging design.
I also want to sleep.
And finish my portfolio upload on Behance. But first I need to go through all the files.
I also need to decide on a logo for one website and get cracking in Illustrator (deadline on Wednesday).
And I want to redesign a few album covers.
If I sit on a photocopier and wish really hard, can I make a few more copies of myself?

And I want to learn Swedish and Finnish.
And get a job for the summer.
Suddenly my life has a meaning. Just how to fit this all into daily hours...

More
2 years 2 months ago #163533 by axl whïte
axl whïte replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

nage wrote: I want to (learn to) play a guitar. But I have to work on packaging design.
I also want to sleep.
And finish my portfolio upload on Behance. But first I need to go through all the files.
I also need to decide on a logo for one website and get cracking in Illustrator (deadline on Wednesday).
And I want to redesign a few album covers.
If I sit on a photocopier and wish really hard, can I make a few more copies of myself?

And I want to learn Swedish and Finnish.
And get a job for the summer.
Suddenly my life has a meaning. Just how to fit this all into daily hours...

Yo nage, as a guitar player, in my humblest of opinions. Learn a less popular instrument haha. :P Id go for the harp lol.

I'm thinking of recording a solo I came up with for martins new single, I mean how many people don't think it's lacking a little something something? ;) Would anyone be interested in hearing the song with an added solo to it?

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

More
2 years 2 months ago #163534 by fizzy
fizzy replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind
go for it!

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

More
2 years 2 months ago #163535 by nage

axl whïte wrote: Yo nage, as a guitar player, in my humblest of opinions. Learn a less popular instrument haha. :P Id go for the harp lol.

Why would I want to be a harp-player, when I want to be a graphic designer?
I really don't see how an instrument's popularity should ever prevent someone from learning to play it. There's this thing some people don't have: A HOBBY. It means knowing shit without ever intending to get pay for it or doing it on professional level. Can you see where I'm going with it?
:P

More
2 years 2 months ago #163536 by fizzy
Finally managed to listen to TSP today^^ I can't believe I am 3 years late!!!

More
2 years 2 months ago #163548 by judastheinnocent
judastheinnocent replied the topic: Re:On Your Mind

nage wrote: And I want to learn Swedish and Finnish.

I speak both, Finnish as my mothertongue and Swedish as my, uh, third language maybe (currently living in Sweden) and I'd maybe advice you to start with Swedish. Finnish differs from the Indo-European languages so much it might be quite difficult without teacher, unless you learn languages easy.
Also as a (bad) guitar and bass player - learn to play whatever you want! :)

I am dying under school stress and instead of actually doing something to it, like working for my exam, I am lost in great new music and Friday night. Woops. Also I might be developing a crush to my flatmate - something I really don't need right now so could you f off, unwanted feelings?

More
2 years 2 months ago #163549 by fizzy

judastheinnocent wrote: Also I might be developing a crush to my flatmate - something I really don't need right now so could you f off, unwanted feelings?

You can't do anything about the crush but remember you are in control of not falling in love! Love is a choice

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #163550 by nage

judastheinnocent wrote: I speak both, Finnish as my mothertongue and Swedish as my, uh, third language maybe (currently living in Sweden) and I'd maybe advice you to start with Swedish. Finnish differs from the Indo-European languages so much it might be quite difficult without teacher, unless you learn languages easy.

I know all this already. I checked Swedish on Duolingo but I found it a bit boring, because it reminds me of German... and I had German at school for 8 years. (Rubbish teacher though so I can't speak it at all now, but hey, got my A Level anyway.)
Finnish sounds so lovely. I like the accents, and the pronunciation and all the crazy complicated things. My native language is Slovak, not English; and in Slovak we conjugate a lot. I also speak Czech and found a nice Czech-Finnish textbook which I'm using now, when I have the time. It's easier to learn from Czech/Slovak, because we have 6 (or7? lol) grammatical cases and tons of conjugation, so explaining grammar from those makes more sense (to me) than learning through English. Anyway, right now I don't have the time to learn either (and I'm also learning, albeit extremely slowly, Japanese).

What do you study? :)
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by nage.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago - 2 years 3 weeks ago #163583 by peterlondon
peterlondon replied the topic: On Your Mind
I'm thinking about all the work that needs to be done with this site hehe. I never really finished it the last round I worked on it haha - this is my standard behaviour, it's easy to start projects but to finish them can be damn near impossible hehe. Hope to be able to squeeze in a couple of days for this within a reasonable near future ;).

Attachment not found

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh...
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by peterlondon.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds