Crashdiet

First 'Savage' review is here!

More
5 years 9 months ago #148928 by martinsweet
martinsweet created the topic: First 'Savage' review is here!

The first review of 'THE SAVAGE PLAYGROUND' is here!
(source: http://cryptmagazine.com/303596/333515.html )

Crashdiet
The Savage Playground
(Frontiers Records)

Swedish rockers Crashdiet will be releasing their fourth full length album entitled, "The Savage Playground" in January 2013. It will be the first time they have ever released an album to the entire world simultaneously. Although, the band has yet to tour in many countries, they have managed to obtain and maintain a large cult following. Even in the wake of changing singers throughout the years, which would destroy most bands, Crashdiet continues to satisfy old fans, as well as attract new ones. I think this is due to the fact that they know how to experiment with new sounds and lyrical subjects while remaining true to their roots. They have always reminded me of a heavier version of Hanoi Rocks, blending the best elements of glam, punk, and metal. With Crashdiet, we get 80's glam rock without the cheesiness. We get punk without the simplified elementary musical arrangements. We even get classic metal guitar solos! Tougher than Poison, prettier than The Sex Pistols, more lyrically insightful than Motley Crue, we finally get our message of rebellion from songs with enough ferocity to spark revolution, enough depth to make us question reality, and enough debauchery to remind us to party while we're doing it. "The Savage Playground" begins with a post apocalyptic dialogue that sets the stage for what seems like a concept album. The opening track, "Change the World" calls out to reveal the dark truths of the society we live in and fight against it, including our own egos and delusions. It reminds me a bit of Queensryche's "Operation Mindcrime" album at first. Then suddenly, a bluesy guitar riff leads us into the second track, "Cocaine Cowboys," which mimics the beat of Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People,"perhaps an intentional analogy of subject matter. "Anarchy", "Circus", and "California" are a little more melodic and sound a bit more similar to current radio rock bands, however keeping hints of their signature 80's guitar stylings present. I can hear the influence of Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" album here and there throughout a few of the songs as well, especially vocally. "Got a Reason" and "Drinking Without You" are the ballads of the album, but have an almost anthem like element mixed into their sadness. However, "Damaged Kid" will most likely be the favorite of the ladies because the lyrics describe just about every diehard rocker girl, who will feel as though the song was written about her. Brilliantly, they place the track, "Excited" right after it, a love song enticing the heroine of the story to have the courage to emerge from the shadows of darkness and into the arms of… Simon Cruz? At least that's what the female listeners will be envisioning. Of course, the album wraps up as the hero and heroine unite in "Garden of Babylon" where they embrace the new reality that is left after the destruction of the world. Or was it the destruction in their own minds? Time elapses as the musical genres of past, present, and future all become one to deliver a powerful message. A concept album for the times. When you get to the end, you won't care what style of music it was, as you will be too busy pondering the storyline. Is it literal? Is it metaphorical? Is it a prophecy of the impending doom of our society? Or is it a call to invoke the destruction of reality as we know it through the only way we really can.. by that of our own perceptions? I feel "The Savage Playground" is Crashdiet's strongest release yet. I hope that there is a theatrical live show to go along with it. -LV
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #148929 by PrimalScream91
PrimalScream91 replied the topic: First 'Savage' review is here!
Good review! I look forward to hearing the review even more!

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

More
5 years 9 months ago #148931 by Mr.Freakrose
Mr.Freakrose replied the topic: First 'Savage' review is here!
Great review, sound like this will be the best Crashdiet album :)

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

More
5 years 9 months ago #148932 by Kraljosovina
Kraljosovina replied the topic: First 'Savage' review is here!
Haha, freakin love the guy/girl who wrote this xD

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

More
5 years 9 months ago #148936 by Fhina
Fhina replied the topic: First 'Savage' review is here!
Heheh, great review! :lol:
Look so forward to get it myself!

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

More
5 years 9 months ago #148939 by Rebel_Ray
Rebel_Ray replied the topic: First 'Savage' review is here!
Nice review indeed :lol: Me too can`t wait to get it in the mail ^^

pina colada BANG!!!!!!!!!

More
5 years 9 months ago #148950 by Sarah SickMind
Sarah SickMind replied the topic: First 'Savage' review is here!
Wow, now I'm even more excited! Sounds great :)

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds